...life can be translucent

Menu

Please help with Hex 5?

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the IC this morning, What do I need to do to get my heart at peace regarding the current situation?
Answer: Hexagram 5, lines 3, 4, and 6 changing to hexagram 10
It seems the obvious answer here is "Just wait and be patient".
Then I look at the changing lines and it sounds rather ominous (?!?) and I also don't understand the message of it changing into Hex 10.
Please help with interpretation? Thank you!
~Namaste~:bows:

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
Oh Krista

Hilary once said to me that 5 waiting (nourishment) is not just about passively waiting but about how we wait. And 5 waits with the quiet assurance that what you are waiting for will eventually arrive. Like waiting for a bus - it may be late but it will arrive. The other analogy she gave me was the rainman who dances up the rain - he does it because he knows it will eventually rain. Hilary changed my headspace with that comment and guess what I did get what I was waiting for when on the surface that looked highly unlikely!!

I think this hex is talking to you about how you are waiting. I think it's talking to you about depression and vulnerability (line 3) and wallowing in it (line 4) and with line 4 it's giving you the stern but good advice of a father - "get out of it" stop now it's bad for you!

How do we do that? First by not fuelling it - both line 3 and Hex 10 advocate caution. Remember your Hex 36 line the other day about only chopping off the leaders head and not turning it into a total massacre of all the troops as well? Being gentle on your self and being magnanimous with others? And the other line about the other king who pretended to be mad until he was out of danger? He maintained his integrity. Putting on a bit of a 'front' until you are out of danger.

And coupled with Hex 10 which is about how we conduct ourselves in the world with advice about caution then all will be well. This offers a way out of the pit. So it's talking about internal stuff and meanwhile how to behave in the world.

I think it is saying don't go overboard on dwelling on the bad things that have happened to you and be cautious in your dealings with others. Make yourself find other things to think about (get yourself gently into something diverting maybe?) and then you get to the 3 uninvited guests of line 6 who will help you. I have in the past literally waited for 3 people but now I know it is new thoughts or ways of looking at the world that come into my thinking when I stop going overboard obsessing about a problem.

So it's not saying gruesome things (mud blood and pits...) or force yourself instantly to stop thinking about all this (impossible when we are wounded no?). It's saying put it all on the back burner of the cooker to simmer quietly with the knowledge that you will get there. Meanwhile be cautious in your dealings with others and know that peace will come.

There seems to be an intimate connection between how we wait and getting what we are waiting for. It definitely worked for me in a way I couldn't have imagined at the time! Maybe it's time to put down the ching for a wee while and find the diversion that gets you out of the pit.

best wishes Lucia

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It says that in order to find peace you need to break free of the guy, this is not about waiting any longer, it is now about escaping. The longer you stay stuck the worst it seems to get, like a never ending nightmare so you need to exert your power to find a way out. As hex 10 says don't worry, be calm and controlled as he can't harm you anymore.

zhan1

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Kdedeaux4,

Ominous sounding lines were written that way for a reason--to get your attention and inform you that you have gotten yourself onto the wrong track. Line 4 says "get out of the pit"--take a close look at where you might have made a mistake and consider how it can be corrected. Despite the fact that Hex 5 is generally about "waiting", the counsel here is not to wait, rather it is an urgent message to take action to help yourself. Hex 10 shows a situation in which it is best to use caution and diplomacy in dealing with someone who has the upper hand--they have the dominant position. You may have to carefully "walk on eggshells" to achieve your aim.

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
Amazing!

Zhan - Thank you! I really like your explanation of the "scary" lines being there to get our attention. Yes, I am embarrassed to say that even after this situation having endured so very long, it seems I have somehow back-tracked with every endeavor to get past it, through it, avoid it, or embrace it.... and yes, I have most definitely fallen in the pit :eek: ....so deeply that I may have broken a few things along the way as well...:eek: Everything you write makes perfect sense. Thank you:bows:

Willowfox - It seems I always gush with appreciation at your simple, yet encompassing, insights into my enduring trauma/drama:eek:, from my very first post!! I confess in my current situation, you rarely say what I want to hear, but you always say just what I understand I need to hear. I have come to deeply value your insight and help:bows: Thank you!

Lucia - WOW...this is amazing! How on earth do you see me so clearly from just a few hexagrams I cast ?!!??!? And even through the muck that I am right at this time, you are so wonderfully kind and compassionate with your words, while still hitting my pathetic situation right on the nose! In fact, I have already begun taking your advice on how to "wait" through this.... Your kindness is more appreciated than I can put into words right now.:hug: Thank you:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).