...life can be translucent

Menu

Life's big choices

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
I am in a situation of choosing whether or not to move across the country...far, far from where I currently live and have lived most of my life. There are a great deal of potential positives in the possibility of moving. For ex.: the economic climate in my area is one of the absolute worst in the U.S. right now, with little prospect for change to the better. I've been stuck in a rut life-wise, job-wise, relatioship-wise for many years and moving so far away would necessitate change in some direction at least! However, it is a HUGE move into the vast unknown and of course I give up many things as well, even with consideration of better possibilities...
I asked the IC about this move and the response was: Hexagram 53 lines 2, 3 changing to 59. Lines 2 and 3 directly contradict each other! How to interpret which one is correct? Even if I ignore the changing lines, I still don't get a clear feeling from the two hexagrams. Any insights into this one?

I also asked IC what would happen with my relationship with D if I make this move (aside from the obvious that I'd leave it behind physically!) Response: Hexagram 8, line 2 changing to heagram 29. This also confuses me. Seems the resulting message is I should persevere, not to give up and/or not to run from these problems? Yet, facing these issues within that relationship for so long has left me exhausted mentally and emotionally and in a sense, "running away" from that sounds appealing and at times seems to be the only valid way out of an enduring chaotic situation with few other alternatives. Although, admittedly, I seldom feel running from things is a good answer to anything, as issues seem to have a way of resurfacing wherever you might go and just coming from different sources...

These are major choices facing me down right now and I would value any and all additional insight into these readings as possible!
Thank you:bows:
~Namaste~

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
I seldom feel running from things is a good answer to anything, as issues seem to have a way of resurfacing wherever you might go and just coming from different sources...

I agree there.. not so long ago I was advised to stay in my current living situation and not listen to my instincts which said run (because of previous negative experience with a group of people, and I was afraid of the past resurfacing and being rejected again) But here in present, it was a different situation, different people, and because of negative expectations, projecting my past on the present, it was more my insecurities talking,,, when i realised this and stuck it out, facing my issues head on, the fear dissolved... I was able to see more objectively what was going on and whether it was as bad as I felt it was, and once I switched off the panic button, I could start going forwards again...

Though I know that the danger in some situations is not always insurmountable and sometimes you do have to change course, Here I think the Yi is saying you should stay... but of course I am not 100% sure at all....

53.2: 'The cliff is a safe place on shore'
Initially i thought this could mean you are in a place suitable for you if you can involve yourself more with the community?
Or it could be saying you're at a place where you are ready to take flight from the cliff edge?
(hmm... not sure... anyone else?)

'The high plateau is dry and unsuitable...it has lost its way and gone too far..
If we do not let things develop quietly but plunge to rashly into a struggle, misfortune results.. A man jeopardizes his life , and his family perishes thereby'

I think here it is saying that leaving is not the answer. You have to take time to let things develop... and moving may be harder in practice, than it seems in theory...
It also mentions other people, saying perhaps that you should be loyal to the people around you and stay... does that sound applicable?
Are there no opportunities that you can see where you are that would let you contribute to society there? Have you grown to dislike the scenery? what the town has to offer culturally and socially? Does it feel dull?

Changing to dispersion, could either be saying disperse with your thoughts i.e. don't consider moving at the moment - let the idea go...
Or it could be saying it is time to move on...

Sorry to not give a definite yes or no interpretation.. initially though I thought it was saying you should stay...

Seems to be saying that if you remain loyal to him inside, and keep the conncetion going eg by email, phone, then you're relationship won't be harmed...
But changing to the abysmal could be saying this will require great effort and so it could break up...

So I guess you need to decide whether in your heart, he is worth staying for... You have a bond, but perhaps if you're not careful, leaving might threaten the relationship...

Hope that helps!
:bows:

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think a few more questions to clarify this reading would be good. For instance, questions like:

what can I expect if I move?
what can I expect if I stay?

em ching is right, the answer as it stands now is ambiguous. My first reaction was that you need to stay because the devloping situation where you are has not matured yet, and to leave now would be unfortunate. Perhaps it is indirectly referring to your relationship.
The ambiguous note is that this could also refer to a relationship/situation that has already gone off course and might best be dissolved.

and the 8.2 also seems to refer to a connection that you might need to either commit to in your heart or not commit to. only you know what your own integrity calls you to do

I guess it would depend on how you worded your first question?

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
I can't offer any more insight either I think the suggestion that you ask again with very clear questions is good advice.

Is it running away or is it embarking on a new adventure? That's for you to decide. I think 53 could apply both ways - the gradual steps to re-establish yourself in a new location or the gradual changes of staying put?

It's true you take your own head with you where ever you go but sometimes throwing all the cards up in the air allows them to land in a different order with fresh energy and perspectives.

I've moved around the planet a few times with varying motives and not always by choice. Either way there is always a point just before the move when it's scary but each time I've learned a huge amount.

Ask the questions as suggested maybe in a quiet series.Write them down before you ask and keep it focused on you for now and see if that helps. When that's a little clearer then maybe you can ask the boyfriend questions but I suggest not mixing them at this point or it gets confusing.

And away from the ching you could also make an ongoing list of pro's and cons after researching your new location and see where that leads. The challenge with that is to be ruthlessly honest with yourself and not romanticise either way.

good luck with it all and post your q's when you are ready but I suggest taking time with it.

Lucia

zhan1

visitor
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you've received Hex 53 line 3 in a previous reading. In my experience, the Yi will sometimes repeat particular answers if I haven't quite gotten the message yet. This line shows that leaving will only lead to greater misfortune and Hex 59 is revealing how total this separation would be. The commentary for Hex 8 line 2 again states that separating would not be the correct course of action and the inclusion of Hex 29 is a warning of danger.

I know how difficult it can be to follow the oracle's advice, especially when your feelings are urging you in a different direction. How can the counsel it gives be correct if everything feels wrong? It's a question that we all face at one time or another. The only way to find out the answer is to keep going. Beyond this struggle I hope the Yi's guidance will lead you to a much better place.

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
Further thoughts.... (seeing as the thread bumped up)

Actually, 29 says: "if you are sincere, you have success in your heart, and whatever you do succeeds.

It is about getting accustomed to danger and not being afraid to deal with it although the council is to be cautious like water that doesn't tarry but keeps going on filling up until it flows on. Lise even has as keywords for 29 - Moving out of trouble.....

Maybe 29 is where Krista has been for the last few years with all her troubles??

And 8.2 says holding to someone inwardly is what counts - in other words holding to them for other reasons ain't the way to go and without other lines it will always partner with 29. It's fan yao 29.2 talks about the first steps out of trouble....

53.2 says yeah you are on the right track but you have a way to go keep focused and

53.3 says yeah a problem en route but the way to deal with it is not to wrestle with it but disengage - don't go looking for problems but maintain your position and if necessary protect yourself and all goes well. Interestingly its fan yao 20.3 talks about contemplating your life and it's needs and not being influenced by other things or people.

And the dispersal of 59 gets rid of the old stuff to make way for the new....

so voila what does it all mean?? Dunno.... Not my decision.

That's why I concur with other replies - you can either take a Fox News approach - you know screaming headlines - the immigrants are all really terrorists in disguise who will take your jobs, rape your daughters and then blow you up so to speak - or you can do a 53 and be a wee bit more gradual in your approach to what are major life decisions.

I don't mean to be evassive when I say it's not my decision I just personally think it is irresponsible to council someone to make big decisions on other people's interpretations (including mine) of the ching in a forum. This is why I think the advice to ask more, very clearly defined questions, is wise advice and a good starting point hopefully in conjunction with other decision helping activities. As em ching says its ambiguous...

good luck with it all

Lucia

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you all so much:bows: I have to tell you who responded, that although the IC didn't seem to be firmly answering me either way with this, I have the same "feeling" about it as you all...that it was in a sense telling me that leaving is not the answer.... My heart tells me that as well, but my logical (??) brain is just not so sure about that.... Ahh the timeless struggle between head and heart...ARGHHH!

I want to let you all know how very much I appreciate your taking the time to really look closely at these readings and offer your insight!! This is just the craziest time in my life on so many levels and it helps so much to know I have objective, yet caring and wise, insight of the IC and people like you!

I'm rolling all this stuff around in my head, using some of your suggestions for reflection on this matter and then I plan to cast again, hoping the response and insight will be very clear at that time!
Given the highly conflicting and emotionally attached environment of this enqiry, I plan on posting my responses again when I cast the additional questions you've suggested, in hopes that you'll again be willing to help me to obtain an objective interpretation and unmuddled reflection.
Great big THANK YOU'S and love to the kind souls here....
~Krista

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).