...life can be translucent

Menu

Work related

green leaf

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been in a job for about 7 months now that I took cause it was what came along and I needed some work at the time. It has been ok but it isn't something I had planned on doing for long and it is definitely not satisfying or interesting work. I decided to stay for Christmas but I am not sure whether it is time to look for something else or stay with this job for a little longer.

I asked the I Ching "Should I look for a new job now?" and received 12.1.4.5.6 to 24

This seemed like it was saying that the time was right so I asked if I should look for work in the city I live in and got 21.4 to 27.

Then I asked if I should look for work outside of the city I live in and got 2.6 to 23

Finally, I asked if I should look for work that is outside of the country and got 29.2.4.5.6 to 35.

The reason I asked that way is because I am pretty sick of this city and would like to leave even if only temporarily, but it seems to me that the I Ching wants me to stay here and find new work here. Anyone that could give more detail or clarity to this would really be helping me out.

Cheers.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Is the time right?

There are four moving lines in your hexagram 12, and it is said that things develop in sequence, from the bottom moving line on upwards. The second hexagram being 24, The Turning Point, indicates that just now would be a time for you to rest, not to push ahead towards your goal at this time. Hex 24 relates to the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year, but after that the light gradually begins to build again. It is probably a time for letting everything come into view, including all your options.

About working in the city, I take that as a definite "yes." It will take effort (like chewing through tough meat), but it will be worth it. You will eventually find the hidden prize.

You confirmed that answer when you asked about working outside the city and got 2.6>23, which I take to be a clear "no."

When you asked about leaving the country and got The Abysmal, 29, I think the name of the hexagram says it all. You might have gotten this hexagram if right at the time you were throwing the coins you were thinking and feeling you hated the city where you're currently living, because line 29.6 is an indication of ill-will towards a person or towards an ugly situation that needs to be treated with more understanding.

But you already had gotten the relating hexagram 24 on your first throw of the coins, which means to me that it would be best if you let your questioning rest for a bit. The Yi thus encourages us to keep our thoughts more in the present and less in the future.

Sometimes when you have lines 4, 5, and 6 all moving in hex 12 it could mean that you yourself, or a different group you become a part of within your present company, will be the agents of change that can turn the present stagnation around completely. Is that at all a possibility, or no?

If not, then you will be successful in leaving the oppressive job and finding a much better one in the same city.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been in a job for about 7 months now that I took cause it was what came along and I needed some work at the time. It has been ok but it isn't something I had planned on doing for long and it is definitely not satisfying or interesting work. I decided to stay for Christmas but I am not sure whether it is time to look for something else or stay with this job for a little longer.

I asked the I Ching "Should I look for a new job now?" and received 12.1.4.5.6 to 24

Cheers.

Well you could have stopped there because 12 to 24 says to me this isn't a good time to look for a new job. maybe its been a difficult time and the going has seemed really tough (12) You're about to turn a corner (24) but forging ahead will serve you less well than just taking some time to reorientate yourself, perhaps a little retreat from all the job issues for now. As 12 to 24 suggests to me this isn't the time to look for a new job then the other questions become redundant. Thats my sense of the answer but of course your intuition knows best

green leaf

visitor
Reaction score
At first I thought that with 12 it meant that I should stay put but when I looked at the moving lines, it sounded like it is now time for the standstill to end (5) and that change won't happen unless I make it happen (6) so that is why I threw the others. That's where most of my confusion came from but I think that you are right, trojan. I do need to put off job issues for now and reorient myself. That works with barbra's interpretation that I should not find work outside of the country or city I live in because I should stay at the job I am in for now.

Quote:
Sometimes when you have lines 4, 5, and 6 all moving in hex 12 it could mean that you yourself, or a different group you become a part of within your present company, will be the agents of change that can turn the present stagnation around completely. Is that at all a possibility, or no?
That seems like a possibility. maybe I need to start changing my perspective on something or look for opportunities outside of work for now and then doors will open up for change in that area as a result.

Thanks barbra and trojan. You've been a real help.
Cheers.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).