...life can be translucent

Menu

What happens if I go back abroad?

jane_s

visitor
Reaction score
Hello friends,
I am in a bit of a problem at the moment. I asked the Yi what happens if I go back abroad? I want to know how will it be financially for me and my partner if we move abroad and I received 42.1.5 --> 23
Just to give you a little background. Me and my partner resigned from high paying jobs abroad to return to our home country but ever since we have returned home our life has been full of problems. I have found a job but no satisfaction and my partner still hasen't found one even after 5months. We are getting increasingly frustrated in these times of recession. I know that we will be highly paid abroad since we have already worked there...but we will still have to look for jobs there...so there is a lot of uncertainty as to how things will turn out. I would be really grateful if somebody could help me with this reading.

Many thanks

Jane

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Favorable to go

Hi Jane

The hexagram 42 is your primary hexagram and you should give it more weight than the relating hexagram, #23.

Hexagram 42 is very favorable for your employment abroad. 42.1 indicates that if you're willing to work, you will have sublime good fortune.

42.5 indicates also that you will have sublime good fortune, but refrain from asking questions. That's important. The person you will be dealing with abroad just doesn't care for people who ask him questions.

Number 23, Peeling Off, "there is no goal or destination that can be sought with advantage," would seem to contradict what I just said. But you can interpret this, I think, as a temporary dip in health or spirits, not something that will really stop you from going abroad. The hex #23 means the lousy economic situation you now find yourself in, a condition of financial collapse, or even conflict at home due to not enough money.

First will come a period of observation in which you take a look around and see what's what. And second will come a great possibility of earning a good living. That's how I see it.

Oh, yes, I see that right now you are in a very chaotic situation. Well, the way out of it will be to look at all your resources and assets, get your references in order, and go, go, go -- because the time is extremely auspicious for you to do so. :bows:

jane_s

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Barbra ...that gives me some relief, however, what I did not understand is your sentence "if you're willing to work"...does it mean I may not be willing to work?

Also Hex 23..does this indicate whats going on presently or also an indication of what may come to pass once I move abroad?

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
I think the Yi does reflect moods, undercurrents to situations on almost perhaps a moment to moment basis, perhaps because you're attitides and emotions are constantly changing.. but I think in your answer the Yi was positively answering your question there... that to increase the idea of your splitting away from your current residence, and so move abroad. But I don't think it can see way into the future any more than you can, as I guess how it pans out will depend on many other factors such as luck and your efforts... But I think in relation to your idea to move away, it was saying to entertain the idea further, as a means of stripping away your current job problems.

I read this by bruce_g about Yi consulting which might be interesting to you:

When someone loses their ability to make their own decisions, when they must question everything they do based on what Yi tells them to do or not do, it becomes destructive.
As to why use it? I use it to better understand the nature of how things work, and this helps me to make more informed and intelligent decisions. But, the decisions are exclusively mine to make. I believe it is sometimes more than a snapshot of the present, and can be more like a slide show of the past, present and future. They are seamlessly connected, after all, and the nature of change is what ties them together.

(From this thread : http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=4605

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Sublime good fortune

Thanks Barbra ...that gives me some relief, however, what I did not understand is your sentence "if you're willing to work"...does it mean I may not be willing to work?

Also Hex 23..does this indicate whats going on presently or also an indication of what may come to pass once I move abroad?

Hi Jane,

About 42.1, I'll give the exact quote from Blofeld's translation, so as to eliminate my awkward paraphrasing of what is said there:

"The time is favorable for undertaking great works - sublime good fortune and no error! Commentary: What is said about sublime good fortune and freedom from error means that those below do not complain of having too much to do. Footnote: This suggests that others will now work for us gladly."

Whatever way you look at that line, it will be good for going to work, doing work, or having workers.

As for the Hexagram 23, I agree with what em ching wrote above. It seems to indicate the state of peeling off from your present situation. It is true that if you threw the I Ching tomorrow, you might get a different configuration, but a series of hexagrams all around the same issue would tend to be interrelated and to reveal different aspects of the same thing. In this case, getting hex 42 as your primary hexagram is very, very auspicious.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).