...life can be translucent

Menu

Employment crossroads...new and expanded!!! (part 2)

mirror_saw

visitor
Reaction score
First and foremost thanks to everyone that helped me on my last post. I think I have a little bit more of a plan as to where I'd like to go next. I believe that in the long-term Kirk will be a much better mentor for me than Frank (please see my last post EMPLOYMENT CROSSROADS...PLEASE HELP (PART 1)).In the short term, however, Franks business may help me to get a little out of debt and save some money.

So, now I'm trying to make both dreams work. And of course turned to Yi for advice. I asked:

"I'M THINKING OF QUITTING THOMPSONS AND WORKING FOR FRANK FULL-TIME. MY PLAN IS TO SAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR 4 MONTHS OF EXPENSES SO I CAN WORK FOR KIRK IN THE MORTGAGE BUSINESS. HE SEEMS LIKE HE WOULD BE A GREAT MENTOR. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS PLAN?"

Hex# 49 9-3 & 9-5 changing into Hex# 51

QUESTIONS:

1. On the surface the GUA CI sounds promising, however, I'm having trouble with 9-3?

Change is spoken thrice, then there is confidence?

2. 9-5 looks cool too! But I'm trying to apply this to my situation. Can someone guide me here?

I'm supposed to meet with Frank tonight to discuss business too. So, in addition to the questions before, I decided to ask a more short-term question:

"LATER TONIGHT I'M THINKING OF ASKING FRANK FOR $550 A WEEK TO BE HIS DRIVER, KEEP HIS FILES, AND DO HIS COMPUTER WORK. HOW LIKELY IS HE TO ACCEPT THIS OFFER?"

Hex# 38 6-5 & 9-top changing into Hex# 58

QUESTIONS:

1. Hex# 58 GUA CI "Small affairs, good fortune." Can I gather from this that for now, if I stay doing this type of work for him I'll be alright?

2. 6-5 is a little tough to put together, especially "His worhsip bites through the surface...".

3. Now in 9-6, the GUA CI tells me at the end to "...go and meet the rain. A rule of good fortune." Again it sounds promising? What does anyone else think?

Thank you

mirror saw

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
How did the conversation with Frank go? (And is Kirk happy to keep his offer open for you?)

mirror_saw

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Hilary,

The conversation went O.K. with Frank. I took the liberty of writing out a proposal for him of what I'll do for him in exchange for the $550 per week. We attended a social function together last night and before I dropped him off I gave him the proposal (I'm still waiting to see?).

He's going on a cruise this Sunday with his fiance who at the moment, he's having conflicts. My meeting last night with him was more on that situation. I think he needed that and I felt that that was the right thing to do instead of discussing business.

The offer with Kirk is still open and I believe it will remain open.

Hilary, do you think I'm on point with my readings in my above questions?

mirror saw

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Looking at 49 and 51 - 49.3 says that this is not just something you can plan out and implement by yourself. Even if you know the best way for things to be organised for everyone
wink.gif
! It's got to be talked over and talked round until you have true unanimity - that's how you create a revolution, from the inside out. (My 'forum upgrade' thread was originally inspired by this line.)

But at the same time it doesn't mean waiting on everyone else's endorsement - it's more of a practical thing. Line 5 reinforces that - you are changing inwardly as a tiger, you don't need an oracle to tell you it's OK!

38 to 58 is more of a puzzle. With 38 present I would be prepared for Frank's view of things to be very different from your own - I mean very different, to the point where it is really hard for each of you to see the other person's point of view.

Of course this kind of difference can be tremendously fertile and creative. At 38.5 you have ancestral power with you to bite through and make connections. This leads to hexagram 10, so that tiger of yours is prowling here again. 38.6 tells a story of wild misunderstandings and defensiveness at first, but finally a release of tension and a new alliance. Sounds difficult, but good.

Let us know how it goes!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).