...life can be translucent

Menu

meaning of hex.19

movablue

visitor
Reaction score
I've gotten hex.19 unchanging as answer to a question if a particular wish of mine could or not be fulfilled;
this answer is very uncertain to me because I'm not so at ease about that eighth month the text of the hexagram is talking about, so i go further in my questionning :'how should i understand hex.19 regarding the chance my wish to come true?" and the new answer is 36.4-55;
now the I Ching seems very clear:you will give up your wish just before it would be possible to make it real because you will realise it wouldnt't be good for you

what do you think? is hex. 19 a good sign for a successful plan , could the misfortune announced for the eighth month be overcome or the second answer i cast reveals the real outcome?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
look under 'search' in the hexagram index...this question about 19 has been asked alot i think and i know theres a few threads on 19 unchanging..

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
movablue, 19 unchanging in re to a dream you wish to see fulfilled is the "when you wish upon a star" ...omen.. ...a lovely dream, but no guarantees as of yet, still in the wish state, not gelled, not ready to take form....but the potential is there. It is the earliest stages of spring, you can smell the promise in the air, but the garden (the dream) is not going to just appear, it must be prepared for; there's work to do, and the time is now, lest we see the disaster of unnurtured possibility in the 8th month

36.4 emphasizes this beneath-the-scenes type of thing. You have captured the heart of what you want, but you mustnt stay in the dark with it, bring it out into the open to where it can flourish (55)

the bad luck of the eight month refers to what will happen if this dream doesnt ever leave the dream state and is not nurtured and cared for.

so to bring this dream to reality, the time is right to begin. It could be work you need to do in the physical plane to achieve it, or it could mean the work of getting focused, staying clear, dusting off the spot where you intend for the dream to take form, strong intention, visualization, and unwavering faith; becoming alighned with the essence of what you want to see happen, no small task..:rolleyes:

till the land, make it ready and receptive; plant the seeds; water and allow sunlight, keep the weeds away, nurture the growth, care for it.

Symbolically, this could refer to any kind of preparation for allowing what you wish to unfold. you need to prepare and to care in ways just like gardner, prepare yourself, nurture the part s of yoursef which can accept the dream; sunlight, water are the EMOTION, PASSION and faith and belief...you need these qualities to bring the dream to life

weeds are the doubts which can threaten to turnyou away, make the whole process seem too ambitious. pull those weeds out. make dream your priority,

if you are willing to do what you must do to bring this dream to life, the time is right. be willing to get realy involved with it, in your thoughts and intentions,and it can certainly happen.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If I had to put 19 into one word it would be "accession" - stepping up to a higher order of responsibility. There is work to be done.

movablue

visitor
Reaction score
thanks bamboo for your explanation; it really offers me a new view about hex.19 because i was very much bound in my mind to see 'the bad luck of the eighth month' as a kind of fatality which nobody can avoid in any line of conduct; now i understand it more as a warning to pay attention and effort to make real my wish (or any other task, generally speaking )

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
The 8th month

Personally, I think that hex 19 unchanging does not come with a pitfall in the 8th month, because hex 19 unchanging is in the pure realm of potential.

The eighth month is the month of "harvest," whatever that means in your case -- and it does not mean the 8th month literally. So there is a pitfall surrounding receiving the harvest when it comes due.

The pitfall could be not accepting the bountiful outcome, for whatever reason. It could be rushing to have a monetary payoff too early. It could be a lot of things. Personally, I think that in the case of hexagram 19 unchanging, you do not need to worry about the pitfall, because the whole project is in the realm of potential and not action.

Getting hex 19 unchanging, you can be assured that the Yi "likes" your line of questioning, because with this line of questioning, you have stepped up to a higher level of inquiry. It's almost like the Yi was saying: "Ask me questions on this topic anytime. They would be most welcome."

36.4 > 55. In my experience I would say this means this: "In a place that is not your home, you will see into the darkened heart of another." I'm sure it could have other meanings. Hexagram 55 signifies great quantity. But a great quantity of what? Of darkness?

If your plans involve another person or other people, I would inquire further about whether or not they could make good allies for this endeavor you are currently considering. That seems to be at issue here, because that is the meaning of your getting 36.4, to me. ;)

movablue

visitor
Reaction score
i like, barbra, these considerations about the spirit of I Ching might receive my questions (sometimes i think i'm inquiring too much, it's good to have such a feed back , kind of approval:you are on the right road now,keep on going ;in this case, my wish involves other people); otherwise i use to try to deepen the answers the I Ching gives to me when a moving line or even a hexagram doesn't make very much sense to me, in fact i make links of questions from one line/one hexagram; i'm not sure about this method, what do you think? could be a good one or it's more workable to extend my questions to the different aspects related to the subject ...instead of asking to I Ching to clarify his previous answer ?

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Asking questions

Movablue, I think the more you want to know the answer, the more responsive the I Ching becomes. I am not an expert on the best ways to ask questions. Both ways you described seem perfectly okay to me.

movablue

visitor
Reaction score
Movablue, I think the more you want to know the answer, the more responsive the I Ching becomes. I am not an expert on the best ways to ask questions. Both ways you described seem perfectly okay to me.

i begin to doubt it ; i was doing so- multiply the questions on this matter and the I Ching has given me hex.4 unchanging as answer, apparently it has stopped being responsive to me:brickwall:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
This afternoon

That dreaded hex 4! All it really means is that you don't understand something. We are all fools and ignorant young people in that sense, because nobody knows everything.

Going back to hexagram 19 unchanging: If you need the solution this afternoon, hex 19 unchanging means you're not going to receive it so soon. :eek:

You know, Movablue, it is not so easy to help you with your questions, because you have not written here the questions you actually asked.

M

meng

Quoting Uncle Ben's line to Peter Parker in the Spiderman movie: With great power comes great responsibility.

19 is the time of great potential (spring), but it requires rising up to the challenge, taking responsibly, and doing the work required---or else in the eighth month there will be no harvest, meaning misfortune, or no results.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
The eighth month

The 8th month would be not August but September, as the lunar calendar is roughly one month later. However, that is not to be taken literally. I was once involved in a hex 19 situation, and it got all messed up about one month after it all began and that was not in September, either. :)

movablue

visitor
Reaction score
The 8th month would be not August but September, as the lunar calendar is roughly one month later. However, that is not to be taken literally. I was once involved in a hex 19 situation, and it got all messed up about one month after it all began and that was not in September, either. :)

it would be very interesting to know if you had succeed to manage for good your 'hex. 19 situation '...

maybe i'm too anxious, but when an answer puts limited conditions ...i'm quite close to think i'll be not able to reach my goal (different causes...as the obligation to change ,make amendments to my goal)

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Lin, 19, is the Sovereign Gua of the 12th Moon. The Eighth Moon referred to here (indeed September) has Guan, Hex 20, the Inverse of this, for its Sovereign. The meaning is symbolic, not literal. It means that it would be unfortunate to stand back and Observe now when there is so much work to be done and so many months before the harvest. It's time to dig in and get dirty. The corresponding Tarot card for this is the Seven of Pentacles.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
what do you think? is hex. 19 a good sign for a successful plan , could the misfortune announced for the eighth month be overcome or the second answer i cast reveals the real outcome?

The second answer reveals the real outcome. Hex 19 unchanging means a critical time is coming, but it does not say it will be the abundance you wish for. In your case, you nailed it down with your second question.

In my hex 19 situation, I came down with a flu right after starting a new job. Apparently that was unacceptable to my new boss. He didn't believe in people getting sick when there was work to be done. By the time I recovered, I had already received a certain phone call, in which I was compelled to turn my position over to someone else. And that was it.

Last edited:

proserpine

visitor
Reaction score
receiving hexagram 4

i begin to doubt it ; i was doing so- multiply the questions on this matter and the I Ching has given me hex.4 unchanging as answer, apparently it has stopped being responsive to me:brickwall:

OK--but--it doesn't mean you shouldn't ask questions--you did, and it answred.The answer(s) you already got, need to be read and understood better.I know it might seem like how come you may ask say...3 questions and another time 6 questions, and now you've received hexagram #4 --nonethless it just means that we need to read what we have already--there are no more answers right now.(LOL, eat what you have there first). ;-)

proserpine

visitor
Reaction score
it would be very interesting to know if you had succeed to manage for good your 'hex. 19 situation '...

maybe i'm too anxious, but when an answer puts limited conditions ...i'm quite close to think i'll be not able to reach my goal (different causes...as the obligation to change ,make amendments to my goal)

Just for thought--#19 can refer to a new relationship or new job, work to be done yes.However, it can be like a promotion--and as we know--we get a promotion, but then we don't get to stop there, and be lazy or something.We do a *new* job then .
In a relationship, it can refer to how things work for awhile, but without growth and change--the relationship works as it is--but that reason isn't going to last forever.
As in a relationship I had with a much younger fellow.It was fun, we both enjoyed it.It didn't meet my needs forever,nor his needs. nor did the relationship as it was last forever.We didn't have a painful ending...but..it did become a pleasant memory only .He was a friendly person always in my life and still could be...but we're not romantically involved.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).