...life can be translucent

Menu

Job Situation-Help!

samsh

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
I had previously asked a question last month on when I could find a job. I got a great job offer last week and today unluckily they took it back due to some issues.
I have given an interview at another company last week where it seems that the interview went well and they are impressed, but they are interviewing other candidates this week. Today I asked
"reflection of my succesfully joining this job" I got 15.3.6 changing to 23

and then I asked " what can i do to improve my chances of joining this job" i got 10 unchanging

please advise with your insights

Thanks!
Sam

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
On first impressions I thought your first answer suggested you're perhaps not ready to join the company yet - perhaps not enough experience?
But then again 15.3 speaks of 'a distinguished name is readily earned by great achievements'
So that seems really positive! Perhaps they saw potential in you, and were impressed but the warning is 'to remain modest despite his merit' - remember you're just a beginner?

Then 15.6 says even though you should be modest it is important to 'proceed with great energy' and perhaps not to feel threatened by the other employees in the company - hold your own but with modesty - through being receptive to learning from them. Don't be discouraged perhaps if you don't get this one - don't take offence and feel self pity - but learn from the experience. But then this could apply also if you get the job - as advice about what to expect in the company.
So I don't know whether this means you'll get it or not but seems your going in the right direction :)

Then the resulting 23 I'm not too sure about - either that this job will be cut away - perhaps because you're not ready for it - or that it will give you a chance to home in on your talents and make a start.

I also recenty received hex 10 unchanging when asking How should I navigate my chosen career? I have set my sights on one at the moment - but the more I look into it the more daunting and competitive it seems - and I don't feel well enough equipped as I am starting out..
But reading the judgement seems very encouraging to the small man! The novice who must tread softly upon the ground that has been laid by superior people before him, suggesting it's a big task not to be taken lightly, but that I should proceed and 'tread on the tail of the tigers' (which I took to be the old timers in the field) using little yet determined steps.

So perhaps it's saying you should make a follow up call? Would that be appropriate? To get some feedback or just show you're keen?
It's seems to be encouraging further contribution on your part, but bearing in mind they have the power here and not to rush in too forcefully.

Hope that helps!
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).