...life can be translucent

Menu

Exact same answer, twice

exnihilo

visitor
Reaction score
I think don't this has ever happened to me. I asked two questions about the same issue and the answer was 38.4 to 41 both times. The first question was,

"What is he afraid of?" and the second was "What can I expect from him?"

What do you make of this? What's the Yi trying to tell me? It must be fairly important.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"What do you make of this? What's the Yi trying to tell me? It must be fairly important."

It means you didn't get the message the first time, so the Yi's emphatically repeating it in order to get your attention. I think instead of asking us what the Yi's trying to tell you, it's really important right now for *you* to do the work and spend all the time that's required with the result you got, relating it to the situation you're asking about, until a meaning emerges.

Consulting the Yi isn't like instant illumination; it requires time and work and the process of enquiry is as important as the understanding that comes out of that process. That's what the Yi's getting at with the repeated 38.4.

exnihilo

visitor
Reaction score
"spend all the time that's required with the result you got, relating it to the situation you're asking about, until a meaning emerges."

I hear you Dobro. But, why would the Yi do this, this time and not the many other times when I've asked different questions about the same subject? Why be so emphatic this time?

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
based on your two questions, I would say your double answer is emphasizing that what you can expect from this guy is that he will respond according to his fears.

of the answer 38.4 to 41, my guess is that he has concerns about trusting you.....he may be inclined to think that you are someone he can trust, but he isnt sure if he can trust that inclination . Or maybe the prospect of actually meeting a kindred soul is frightening to him

armed with this information, I would approach such a person with the intent to allay his supsicions and to present myself in a non-threatening manner as much as possible. chances are you have a lot in common.

exnihilo

visitor
Reaction score
"based on your two questions, I would say your double answer is emphasizing that what you can expect from this guy is that he will respond according to his fears."

I didn't think of that! Thanks.

"he may be inclined to think that you are someone he can trust, but he isnt sure if he can trust that inclination . Or maybe the prospect of actually meeting a kindred soul is frightening to him"

Or maybe both.

"I would approach such a person with the intent to allay his supsicions and to present myself in a non-threatening manner as much as possible."

This is what I'm doing. I guess I had been tuning into this all along.

Thanks Dobro and Listener.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).