...life can be translucent

Menu

Readings like sentences?

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I asked the Yi recently whether I should admit a (minor) oversight to someone I am going to be working for, or whether it'd be best not to mention it and keep the message positive.
I received 33.4,5,6 > 15

I wasn't sure whether to read this as admit the mistake by showing modesty or retreat from showing modesty? Because, if I was to read it as saying not mentioning the mistake would result in modesty then that doesn't make sense, but retreat from your intention in that moment to show modesty does make sense.

So I read the hexagrams as forming a sentence, and didn't mention it.
Do you agree that readings are meant to be read as sentences rather than a glimpse of where things are headed? (Unless you ask a question about the future)

Would be interested to hear if any one else generally reads readings as sentences? Kind of makes the answer simpler and less elusive and encourages you to be proactive in the moment rather than contemplative.. but I don't think the sentence theory could work for every reading :rolleyes:

:bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
yes i read as sentences usually if theres 3 or more moving lines..not to say you have to ignore the lines but i think if you fiddle faddle around with multiple lines alot you in the end ignore the wider picture and sometimes as a sentence the answer stares you in the face where if you'd spent an hour thinking about each line you could miss it. I just do it that way as in practise it works well for me at the moment but it doesn't suit everyone. I think you find your own best way to work with multiple lines.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

To me it sounds like, admit it, but to yourself only.
If we think about it, what is the true meaning of "i'm sorry"?
It is: "i know it was wrong and i'll never do it again".
It doesn't matter if you voice it or not.
All that matters is that you never make the same mistake again.
You said it was minor.
Well, just leave it at that then, don't say anything, and just be ok in the future.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Re the question i think there is generally an element in 33 of saving ones bacon...hence little pig running lol. i don't think 15 is about modesty as in self effacement, i think it is rather more to do with integrity and doing whats needed. i agree with you Em if i had this reading i wouldn't say anything..your reasons to say something may be your integrity but theres also a need to protect yourself, withdraw from too much honesty perhaps like you said...

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks those concepts make sense. It is more important that you're aware of your mistakes yourself, learn and move on (unless you've hurt someone).
Thanks for your support of my interpretation of the reading - it's good to know I'm on the right track with these kinds of readings!

I've been having so many relevant ones that last night I just couldn't sleep wondering how it works I guess :eek: And how amazing, comforting and magical it really is :)
I've also been reading about concepts in Chinese medicine which make a lot of sense.

My grandmother is very old and currently in pain and discomfort. She often says how she woul like to go. She still has her mind and is taken out everyday, but has a nasty condition and is 97 this year. She has been dosed up on up to ten pills a day for the last decade or more I think.. and it's just not natural. She is being artificially kept alive and why when she's ready to go? This is artificial unneccessary intervention going against Qi - the natural flow of energy. And the medicines have now ceased to work and are getting stronger giving painful side effects.

I asked last night What stage is she at?

I was amazed. Confirmed what I and my family have been thinking about it recently.
'Use no medicine in an illness... one should not resort to external means to eradicate it but should quietly let nature take its course'

She is out of balance with all her discomfort and boredom. The I ching talks about everything having right timing, and I suppose death comes into that too, eventhough it is of course scary.

I've also been feeling that the Yi is more than just an expression of my unconsciousness (which is what I have mostly accepted since I discovered it).. :eek:

:rolleyes: :bows:

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked last night What stage is she at?

Hmm, lovely reading.

Poor dear. I hope she can slip away in the night and find some peace.

Topal

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
There was an interesting interview on Facebook yesterday with Bruce Lipton. The medical community still has antiquated and unhealthful ways of approaching illness and old age. So few doctors have been trained to allow for the body's natural movement and not to intervene. so little humanity.

when my dad was dying slowly, they worked so hard to keep him going, putting him though awful ordeals. finally, my mom signed a paper that said no more lifesaving interventions; he was too old, too weak, too scared and fragile.

he spent the last weeks laying in comfort, we sat with him and read to him and talked with him. he mentioned that certain people were in the room with him, besides us. And the people he named were his dead parents. BUt he saw them there. They had come to be by his side as he continued to progress to his own leavetaking. it was gentle and kind and sweet. Death is a natural process, and a lovely one, if it isnt surrounded by frantic efforts to avoid it. love is the only medicine to use with the dying

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Bamboo.
She actually died the night I asked that Q - it was brought on apparently by a doctor who changed her on to another tablet (as the other one was maing her sick) and it was too much. (So echoing the Yi)
I don't think she suffered too much though and I'm glad she has now been released.

Death is a natural process, and a lovely one, if it isnt surrounded by frantic efforts to avoid it. love is the only medicine to use with the dying

That's really well put :) I think it's different when you're young, but so true when you're old and ready.

I have asked the Yi some rather deep questions recently and had some relevant interesting answers (some of which echoing shared readings from the past on a similar topic!)

I asked Am I communicating with my deeper self? Or a deeper force in the Universe?
(When I asked I felt I wasn't quite concentrating and should have worded the question better (well at least without the 'or')

I received 32.4 : 'No game in the field'
Which I also received when asking about my gran's death (without a specific question in mind I just wanted a reading for it)

So I think the Yi is highlighting that these are complex questions which must be tackled in the right way, in the right frame of mind.
Hulskramer: 'Don't seek where there is nothing to find. Approach the issue from another angle and develop a well considered strategy'.

So perhaps those Q's are a no go area for the moment. At least until my head is ready to fully comprehend what I'm asking :eek:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked Am I communicating with my deeper self? Or a deeper force in the Universe?
(When I asked I felt I wasn't quite concentrating and should have worded the question better (well at least without the 'or')

I received 32.4 : 'No game in the field'
Which I also received when asking about my gran's death (without a specific question in mind I just wanted a reading for it)

Sorry to hear you lost your gran Em.

Maybe your 'deeper self' and 'deeper force in the universe' are the same thing.

Getting 32.4 for several different queries does suggest those queries or how you conceptualise them isn't that fruitful at the moment yes...or just your looking in the wrong place for the answer...funny answer to get though for those queries. If you had it several times i wonder if it is referring to something else outside the questions you put ?

Last edited:

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Erm.. well I only got this answer for the two questions (but they were biggies and my frame of mind was probably not relaxed and collected enough for a fruitful answer, or at least one I could concentrate on)

The first about whether the Yi was in me, or coming from somewhere else, wasn't worded properly to know to be able to ascertain from the reading what the answer was supporting. And the second, I asked when I was still in shock about my gran's death and about to head home, but felt like I should have a reading anyway ie my heart wasn't in it (I suppose I was looking for a general commentary on death but of course that's a very complext subject and the truth of that state is rather out of our reach as living people..)

Hmm, well I suppose I will try and tackle these again when the time feels right and my head ready...

:)

D

diamanda

Really sorry to hear about your nan Em.

A couple of thoughts that popped to mind about your readings.

32:4 speaks of hunting - but a hunt with no game, and an empty
field. "Improper endurance". The place is improper. Not to persist
in this way, as what you are seeking will not be found 'there'.

I think this is telling you that the question you asked doesn't have
an answer. You are hunting, for an answer, but there isn't any.

46 is often a 'consoling' hexagram. In my experience it's one of
those in which the i ching can refer to itself ("one must see the
great man"), not as a rule, but quite often, and especially under
extremely difficult circumstances. Slowly getting over something;
slowly growing up; both by putting in effort, and with the help of
the "great man" - be that the i ching itself, or any other great
person in your world.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US