...life can be translucent

Menu

Need help with 41.2 > 27

simona

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I need your help with this answer I received this morning.

I recently had an interviu for a job that seems to be very interesting, very rewarding, practically exactly the job I was looking for (at least this is how it seems to be). And I think the interview was ok, my feeling was that yes, I might be offered the job.
It's a big company (6.000 employees), the job is very highly placed in their organigram.
Searching on the internet, I discovered that they have been publishing the job offer an an (almost) regulary basis in the last 7-8 months. Which made me wonder: why is the job still "on the market"?. The logical answers would be: the company is situated in an area where nobody wants to go every day (traffic, distance... at least 2,5-3 hours in car, every day), so there are not many candidates; or, the salary expectations of the candidates were too high; or... there is something tricky here, that I don't see yet.

So, I asked:
Why is this job still on the market?
The answer: 41.2 > 27.
And I don't understand it. :) . Could it be about the salary expectations of the candidates they had? Something about decreasing (41) the salary expectations (27)?

Thanks.

(PS: I think my salary expectations were ok for them, I think it's within their budget for this position.)

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
i think perhaps the answer addresses your reasoning for the asking the question. Its like your're thinking 'this is such a good job, howcome its just lying there ready for me to take, why hasn't someone else snatched it up ?' Why ? I think the answer says don't look a gift horse in the mouth, there aren't hidden catches...you are blessed here, no need to know why. It is everything you want just as it seemed.

Well thats my immediate take on it. Don't spend anymore time thinking about why noone else had it...maybe noone else had it cos its yours :)

Now i do hope you get it after saying that..of course I'm not making a prediction you will get it but i don't think there is a reason relevant to you why noone else took it.

Sometimes i think people bar themselves from real good fortune because they look about and think 'hang on if this were really good, someone else would have it' but maybe you are the right person to receive the really good thing

simona

visitor
Reaction score
i think perhaps the answer addresses your reasoning for the asking the question.

thanks, trojan. after I post the message here, I read again the 41.2 and I was thinking the same thing: maybe the answer is about me.

Sometimes i think people bar themselves from real good fortune because they look about and think 'hang on if this were really good, someone else would have it' but maybe you are the right person to receive the really good thing

I was just trying to understand, in order to know what to expect there.
If they offer me the job, I won't say "no", just because of the possible hidden catches... It's a good position, I want it, and if there are hidden catches, I'll have time to discover them. IF they offer me the job. Which I hope they will. :)

thanks again.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
OMG I have made a mistake i read the answer as 42.2 not 41.2 :eek: which alters things somewhat, I'm really sorry. I have to rush off but will look at your actual answer later...and maybe others will step in to cover my error :eek:

then again maybe it was a lucky mistake.....;)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well looking at the answer you got, not the one i thought you got..41.2 advises theres no need to over extend oneself in service to others, a small offering will do just as well as a large one. In my experience its tended to come up times where i felt i have to put everything right for someone..so its been quite a relief to get this line. It also says you can help others without depleting self. Hmm how does this apply to your question "why is this job still on the market" ? Good grief i don't really know..could be other candidates had alot to offer but not quite the right experience or something. With 41 less is more...there aren't big sacrifices needed here..however from another angle it can mean someone trying to get you to give them more than they really should, the line can be a warning against being exploited. Although i don't think it says 'you will be exploited' at all..only that your attitude is such you may expect to have to give more than you really need to. Perhaps they, the company put people off by seemingly high expectations ...?

I hope others might say more since i have been making mistakes all day long and am not thinking clearly :bag:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).