...life can be translucent

Menu

A couple of readings for Big Questions :)

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have asked a couple of big questions recently but feel that I've only touched the surface with them and I'm not sure how capable I feel at the mo to properly tackle the ideas with my full attention! (which has been a bit scattered of late)

Anyways here they are. Would be interesting to hear thoughts and/ or experiences on the subject! And also alternative interpretations as always :)

1. Who or what gave us the polarities of Yin and Yang? (i.e the World as we know it)
Hex 34 unchanging
Very apt - the lower creative and upper arousing. Heaven and thunder coming together. (Big Bang?) Perhaps Yin Yang came into play to tame this powerful force and bring balance.

2. Who are you?
Hex 2 Unchanging
So the receptive :) Receptive to our questions (and v patient lol!). I also read that hex 2 translates to a Guide :D

3. Am I the creative then? (as in, am I subconsciously choosing the hexagrams)
20.1,2,4 > 60
I think saying I only have a narrow viewpoint at the moment, and perhaps that there is a limit on how much I am in control of the answers (suggesting there is a higher force?) Stressing a need for less subjectivity also suggests another presence?
20.4 also features in this thread asking the same Q
:http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=7381

And Trojan said: i see it as saying as a 'guest' ie not one of us enacting the human drama, it, the Yi, can give us the benefit of its vision and view. Very modest answer IMO....then again we may be the guests in the Yis kingdom, getting a different view for a while...then again...
Again suggesting that the Yi is external and overseeing us.

Trojan: Maybe your 'deeper self' and 'deeper force in the universe' are the same thing.
That again resonates nicely. And the Yi is all about attuning yourself to your inner nature, and how it can be at one with the forces of the Universe, to bring you peace. So perhaps it's about reaquainting ourselves with our hidden abilities... which we can access through hidden dimensions in the Universe perhaps when we consult the Yi?
(Been reading a bit of 'The elegant Universe' (string theory) But I'll stop there as I am just throwing out concepts now!

4. Are you bigger than me?
57.3,5 > 4
To me a clear yes. I am the young inexperienced student (fool sometimes :)) Who is being influenced by the Yi. I liked that it was gentle influence.

Finally, I have an aunt whom I would describe as pretty close to perfect (she's very lovely, the cleverest person I know, modest and controlled but still fun!) However she can also be quite closed minded (she has a very rational, practical, fact based mind) and when I told her of my enthusiasm for the Yi she maintained any hexagram, line, could be looked at as relevant to my question and that the answers were inside me already (which oft times they really aren't!)

However, I did manage to rouse her intrigue when I spoke of the specific relevance of certain lines to my questions. I also reminded her that there are 64 diff hex's with 6 lines each - so that's quite a big pool of probablity - and for my answers to never fail me, when I know they could, is saying something! But I dropped the issue (although said I would compile evidence to make a proper argument and I have also yet to show her the text which might make her appreciate it rather than be so dismissive.)
But I am not going to push too far with her, because she is very self assured and not one to ask for advice anyway, so I suppose the idea of the Yi is against her nature.

I asked about her and received 11 unchanging.

Peace. Perhaps saying that she is at peace and does not need the Yi and so not to impress it on her? She has been through her fair share of hardship and is a great role model of strength - perhaps it's saying she has found perfect balance with herself?

Any comments here would be really interesting!!

:bows:

Last edited:
M

meng

Perhaps it isn't so much a quantitative answer but a qualitative one.

Bigger, better deal with quantity. But the nature of something is self evident.

"Ah, but ya might as well try 'n catch the wind."

D

diamanda

"Who or what gave us the polarities of Yin and Yang? (i.e the World as we know
it) Hex 34 unchanging"

Life itself?

"Who are you? Hex 2 Unchanging"
Just accept i exist?

"Am I the creative then? (as in, am I subconsciously choosing the hexagrams)
20.1,2,4 > 60"

Nope... you and all of us are just short-sighted guests, with limited view.

"Are you bigger than me? 57.3,5 > 4"
Repeated penetration leads to humiliation. Notice the changes, and pay
attention to them, and then you'll understand what a silly question this was.
Bigger...? is this a competition?

Your aunt is just fine, obviously she is in contact with this force already,
and she needs no coins etc to tap into it.

And can i also point out here, with all due respect Em, i've noticed from
your other posts that you're still entrenched in this "fan yao" notion. Drop
it my friend, it is not relevant. It only confuses you more, i'd really suggest
you forget about it. You get one changing line - then that's that, nothing
more. I can see you really like lots of words - but when the yi gives you one
changing line, it only wants to tell you just that - if it wanted to speak
more, it'd have given you 2,3,4.... one changing line means: just one.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Bigger, better deal with quantity. But the nature of something is self evident.

"Ah, but ya might as well try 'n catch the wind."

Do you mean that the Yi's nature cannot be compared to ours - because it is just another element - like the wind - that is completely different in structure to us and just is?

em ching

visitor
Reaction score

"Am I the creative then? (as in, am I subconsciously choosing the hexagrams)
20.1,2,4 > 60"

Nope... you and all of us are just short-sighted guests, with limited view.

"Are you bigger than me? 57.3,5 > 4"
Repeated penetration leads to humiliation. Notice the changes, and pay
attention to them, and then you'll understand what a silly question this was.
Bigger...? is this a competition?

Your aunt is just fine, obviously she is in contact with this force already,
and she needs no coins etc to tap into it.

Ok, duely noted with the fan yao thing - I suppose the Yi is about simplicity - or at least Tao is - so one line moving would be better unless you want to write an essay on the possible aspects of your situation :rolleyes:

When I said bigger - what I meant was, are you outside of me? A seperate force from human consciousness. And the answer seems to say yes.... but it is such an elusive concept to grasp
("Ah, but ya might as well try 'n catch the wind.") and perhaps we're not quite wired to? Or at least not with a normal approach...

Yes I think my aunt is in contact with the force :)
How she came about it by herself I'll never know... though I may compile a presentable case of evidence for how the Yi inarguably has worked for me when it easily couldn't have (she's very probability minded but hasn't actually read the book...)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).