...life can be translucent

Menu

salvaging to shedding? (18.2.3>23)

bonnieta

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the Yi "Do you see a new healthier partner entering my life?"
I received 18.2.3 >23
I have previously inquired here about the possibility of a reconciliation with my prior partner who abruptly left our relationship to have a relationship with himself. He is living a very, simple, financially restricted, quiet life. He is not making any direct approach to me, not contactning me nor outwardly expressing any hope for a rebuilding, but has consistently professed that he loves me. We run into each other and have talked off and on over the past year and a half. He is aware that I love him. The separation/loss of partnership has been incredibly painful to me. He has said he does not have anything to offer me and likes his simple life right now. He has chosen good work with limited responsibility and very limited income. He is well educated. Recently he told me he finds his simple and unattached life more in balance. It seems he is not choosing to meet me. I have experience deep grief over this ending and have done much emotional/spiritual work about the levels of attachment and depth that this loss triggers. I tried a friendship with him; it was too painful without emotional commitment. Many people encourage me to move on.
My last Yi Ching inquiries/feedback suggested waiting with a positive outlook for reforming with my ex-. Yet,due to the length of time and lack of overture or sign from my former partner, I asked the above question.
The reply: 18.2.3 suggests making an effort to heal what is damaged, to restore things the way you want them to be, making things right, not pressing too hard, not being too energetic or too quick.
Changing to 23...Shedding, splitting a part, stripping away the outmoded
finding the middle way, sitting tight, persevering, waiting it out, avoiding action, letting go of being sensitive to how others respond...not intervening.

I found the reply to my question about a new relationship, pointing me back to healing the old one, trusting the process, waiting through this separation period, without a suggestion about a new partnership. Does my interpretation make sense to others?
I would like feedback as to how those more experienced with the I Ching and with more detachment, interpret the reply.
Thanks.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Do you see a new healthier partner entering my life?" I received 18.2.3 >23

It suggests that you are indeed getting fed up with the situation but just rein in your impulses because there are plenty of unhealthy partners out there but a great lack of healthy ones, so stay still.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked the Yi "Do you see a new healthier partner entering my life?"
I received 18.2.3 >23

I found the reply to my question about a new relationship, pointing me back to healing the old one, trusting the process, waiting through this separation period, without a suggestion about a new partnership. Does my interpretation make sense to others?
I would like feedback as to how those more experienced with the I Ching and with more detachment, interpret the reply.
Thanks.

I think i agree with you although it wouldn't seem fair to suggest you wait around in the hope of things improving, there isn't exactly any promise of improvement in the reading. I'm wondering if the 23 relates to him. Sounds like hes really stripped himself of material concerns and emotional connections...to me it sounds very genuine like he had some inner spiritual need calling him he had to go with, which of course wouldn't mean he stopped loving you. I can imagine this must be painful for you and i can't say I really 'get' the answer but i do agree with you it suggests more dealing with whats already there than branching out to a new relationship. Sadly 'dealing with what is already there' may mean your process of shedding and grieving..though it may equally mean more working on whats been lost...

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I see 18.2.3 > 23 as advising you to completely release this former attachment, thus clearing the field for a new successful one to form.
18.2.3, work on what has been spoiled with reference to the mother and the father, suggests to me that you became attached to this man because he seemed to fulfill your idea of what a relationship should be, perhaps something about the two of you together mirrors your own mother and father's partnership, but as 23 describes something that has shot up without sufficient broad based support, it hints this vision was a fantasy and pretty much of your own making, one that he doesn't share or fuel. So I don't think there is anything here to encourage you to wait around for this man. 18 > 23, wake up from the dream and get involved with someone who wants to build with you.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).