...life can be translucent

Menu

more questions

tess

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the I Ching about 2 people that I care about: one that I have very firm feelings for and one whom I have very strong feelings for. I asked the I Ching how appropriate the first guy (firm feelings) is in my life and got 47.2.5 to 16.
I asked the same question for the one that I have strong feelings for and got 37.1.3.5 to 23. I asked the I Ching if my strong feelings are just an obsession for me and the answer was 29.5 to 7.
Then i asked for the reason why I am not so in love with the other guy (that I have firm feelings for) and the answer was 54.1.2.4 to 2.

What can I get out of these readings? Thank you.

D

diamanda

Hi tess,

How appropriate is guy A (firm feelings) in your life - 47:2,5 > 16
It sounds to me as if you feel really oppressed with this guy. Ok you said that
your feelings for him are firm, however, although you seem to have all the
'basics' of life, there's something lacking. Obviously human beings cannot be
happy with just survival. Survival is good, obviously, it's good to have food
and drink and a shelter, but we also need some joy, which you do not seem
to have with guy A. This oppresses you so unbelievably much, and it sounds
so unbearable, that you really feel a solid need for some enthusiasm and
excitement (16).

How appropriate is guy B (strong feelings) in your life - 37:1,3,5 > 23
I think that if you establish good order in your relationship with guy B, from
the very start, and if you are serious and strict, then he will be his best self,
and you two will have a great relationship. Of course that would mean that
your relationship with guy A will collapse (23). But maybe that is a good thing,
if you're really that unhappy with him.

Are your feelings for B just an obsession - 29:5 > 7
Your feelings for B sound like the easiest way out of danger for you. Line 47:5
is far too heavy, and feels dreadful. So i guess this refers to that danger, ie
you feel suffocated, and oppressed from all corners, and your feelings for B
seem to be the way out.

The reason why you're not so in love with guy A - 54:1,2,4 > 2
It sounds like one of you is secondary to the other's life. One of you is with
the other only to 'be in a relationship', while at the same time waiting for a
more suitable partner. Again this sounds like line 47:1, one has the basics
(and a relationship is a sort of a basic thing in life), but it's a 54 relationship,
ie not one which was formed because of feelings, but one formed because of
necessity. Most probably this was a rebound relationship for one of you two.
And although it's good to have a partner, the lack of real love eventually shows
and feels empty and restrictive, and the heart yearns for some essence.

tess

visitor
Reaction score
Wow. You've really got the details right. Also, you've helped me understand the influence of the approaching hexagram better. I have always been confused about how it fits together, if its the direct result of the moving lines in the first hexagram or if it is tied into the actions involved in the first hexagram which seems to make more sense. Thanks so much for your input.

tess

visitor
Reaction score
So this may be overkill but I'm at a crossroads and the information I have received from the Yi in the last questions seemed more like background information or where I am now and this next set of answers seem really pertinent to where I need to be going. I feel like the Yi is trying to get me to see something. or is trying to get a very direct message across and these readings have really given me the feeling that there is somewhere to go from here (which gives me a lot of relief and hope cause I have been stuck in it for a really long time). Many of the hexagrams are repeated so I feel that they are intertwined into one focus that I need to see more clearly. So here I am, asking for more clarity. :)

This first question is kinda a desperate attempt to find some footing in my situation but it seems to be relevant so here it is.
Please make the situation between me, A and B make sense. 25.1.3.6 to 31.
Please show me an old mode of thinking or perception that no longer serves me or that I need to rid myself of in order to find resolution in my situation in my love life now. 24.1.5 to 8.
What perspective should I replace this old one with? 24.1 to 2.
What is this new perception referring to? 36.1.3 to 2. (I'm a little unsure myself on what I meant by this question but I think that I am looking for clarity on what I need to return to).
How should I start putting this new perspective into action? 17.1 to 45.
Who should I communicate with (communicate referring to the actions in line 17.1)? 17.1.3 to 31.

In two readings 24 is the first hex, as well as 17 in two other readings, and two readings end in 31 and two more end in 2 so it seems like everything is kind of interconnected or is the Yi just trying to drill something into my ignorant skull?

Thanks again for any and all input. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).