...life can be translucent

Menu

23.6 ->2 Relationship coming to an end?

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
Hey there folks :)

I have read a bunch of posts regarding 23.6 -> 2 but this question is really important to me and I was hoping to get your opinions on my specific situation.

I am in a relationship with a guy, we have been together for about 3 months. I really do love this guy, he is an amazing man. I do feel like the relationship is becoming more of a friendship, with a marked decrease in sensuality and desire for sex from both of us. We still talk all day and catch up a few times a week or more and have a great time together but we aren't romantic with each other at all really. I feel we are connecting more and more but just not in a romantic/partner type way. I also feel that I don't think he is in the same place as me spiritually and that I would really like a partner who was. I have started to think maybe I would like for us just to be really good friends. He even said something to me about him thinking about me in that way more now than before, not in a sexual way.

I asked the Yi 'Will X and I end our relationship soon?' and got 23.6 -> 2. I saw two main interpretations to this. Either that all the things that have been bugging me about being with him as a boyfriend will now be gone and we can start the relationship afresh (which now written seems highly unlikely) or that we will end the relationship and if I act well then I have the chance to salvage the connection and even obtain my ideal situation of us being very close friends.

I am not really sure if I am just reading this without a bias or something :)

Objective input very welcome!

Thank you!!!

u_n

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the Yi 'Will X and I end our relationship soon?' and got 23.6 -> 2.

23.6 is about something gained and something lost, so I don't think the Yi is saying that the relationship will end, but rather that something will be lost and something will be gained. This fits the picture of the relationship that you've presented here. But keep in mind that regarding 23.6, what is gained is at a higher level (or is more important to what you really are and really need) than what is lost. It's a really good deal, in other words - go for it every time. (Hence, Hex 2 as relating hex.)

But I have a question - you say you and he are not in the same place spiritually. Do you mean you're not interested in the same sort of spiritual books, groups and activities, or do you mean you're on different levels spiritually? Or something else?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It is not going to end, this relationship still has places to go, so let him show you the way.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say it might end it might not. The only thing for sure is it won't stay as it is. 23.6 is about big changes IMO not little adjustmetns here and there so one can't say for certain whetehr these big changes mean breaking up or a total renovation of the terms of the relationship. Its a break with the past and one needs courage to go forward but as Dobro said going forward is the thing to do.

So I think the ball is totally in your court with the interpretation..you say you don't know which way it will go..neither do i. I guess you need to employ your own intuition on this, theres certainly no hard and fast rule here .

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. I guess what I meant by us not being at the same place spiritually is really a bit of both. We aren't interested in the same books, groups etc, though this doesn't really bother me. He has the same core values as me and is making good effort to progress. I do feel that he allows himself many indulgences of unloving, divisive thinking that causes him much pain, though he is only aware of it sometimes. I guess I always imagined mysef with someone who would take a more active part in their spiritual development, constantly thinking, asking, reassessing.

I do love him and as I said we fit very well together, like best friends, like brothers or something. I do still want romance in my life though, I want a boyfriend who wants an erotic connection with me. I somehow can't see that happening with X.

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this a lot...

I asked the Yi another question: 'Where is my relationship with X headed?' and got 33.1.5 ->30. I am still looking at all my materials on this hex now but I thought I would put it out there and see what you guys thought.

Thank you for all of this.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked the Yi another question: 'Where is my relationship with X headed?' and got 33.1.5 ->30.

Where it is headed, is a tight bound relationship, as Hex 30 suggests a dependency, you need him and will continue to do so.

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
i spoke with him about it all tonight and I feel like we are jusrt getting closer. We really do love each other, I just need to be patient, get thru the stuff going on with him.

thank you all for your responses

u_n

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).