...life can be translucent

Menu

relationship needs to be resolved Hex 38

cupoftea

visitor
Reaction score
My boyfriend and I are currently separated due to lots of issues. I'd really like us to get back together but there is one thing I cannot get over. In some ways it is minor, and others very important. He told a work colleague about a private issue between us, and she mentioned it obliquely and when I asked her directly- said yes, he had told her about it, and with details that made it absolutely clear that he had. She is definitely not a malicious person and wouldn't have made any of this up. I don't mind so much her knowing, but he told me specifically that he had not told anyone. I was suprised and asked him about it- though not in an angry way. He totally refuses to admit it, though it is very clear that he is lying. Basically the information shared is not so important, but the fact he keeps lying to me about it, even in the face of very overwhelming evidence.
I asked "what is the situation of our relationship right now" and got Hex 38 lines 3,5 and 6 into Hex 43. In some ways this is an amazingly clear reading. But i still feel i'm missing something. I'm always impressed by the interpretations on this site and if you have anything to share, would be really grateful.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked "what is the situation of our relationship right now" and got Hex 38 lines 3,5 and 6 into Hex 43.

It does suggest your situation, you boyfriend lying to you, making it look as though you are an idiot or something, so not a good feeling all round at the moment, so the next line says that you have to really dig into to him to get him to admit his lie to you, but once he admits it then it will be cool, and the final line says that the problem will be resolved but the truth needs to come out in order to clear the air completely and that is down to you to force the true out of him.

cupoftea

visitor
Reaction score
In a follow up I asked what path I should take to resolve this situation. I got Hex 22 line 3 into Hex 27
To me this says I should take it easy and wait for him to make the right changes to get what we need... what do you think?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked what path I should take to resolve this situation. I got Hex 22 line 3 into Hex 27

Get him drunk, but not you and then get the truth out of him, then you can make him promise not to do anything like it again, then drop it.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Resolving the Opposition, or Opposing the Resolution?

Balkin says the Hexagram 43 is about the "elimination of evil or inferior elements." It is sometimes titled Resolution. That is where you start. These elements (the inferior boyfriend or his bad habits) are on the wane, but may easily rise again.

In H38, Line 5, you may be failing to respond to real desire for reconciliation, due to mutual distrust. You should soften, and try to overcome distrust, since in Line 6, you are estranged with fear and have lost all perspective on the situation. You even question the motives of your friends and become defensive and aggressive. (These are paraphrases from Balkin, and not a description of your behavior):duh:

But soften and soften some more..."If people display genuine sincerity, even in a time of mistrust and opposition, it is not a mistake to cooperate with them." If one goes forward, what blame could there be?

Tiger

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
A true and loving relationship needs Trust and Honesty, that is cooperation.

One lie leads to another, and then another, then comes the sneaky behaviour and yet more lies, therefore one has to put a stop to it right from the very beginning, there can be no compromise in a situation such as this one.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).