...life can be translucent

Menu

Gains and Losses

M

maremaria

Hi all,

There is a event and thinking of attending. Really don’t have spare time and it requires a lot of arrangements to make it. But being there, will help me to do some connections with people I need their help for a certain project.
So I asked.

What will I gain If I go ? 62 unchanging
Says not to have great expectations , I think.

What will be the loss if I don’t go ? 19.5 > 60
I guess its says I’ll lose a change to establish a connection with those people.

What do you think ?

Thanks
Maria

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Maria

Have you thought that perhaps this is more a case of if you go, this will be a small step towards achieveing something. You will gain a building block for something larger.

I guess its says I’ll lose a change to establish a connection with those people.

I like Lise's view on this line, What do you think about this? -
When you know how to near people, how close, what to accept and what not, how to stay yourself and let them be who they are, how to attract those of value and keep distance from the harmful ones – then you have the assets of being a leader or teacher.
And for 60 - Bitter restraint does not permit determination

It seems that there is both a lot to lose here and much to gain.

Mike

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

There is a event and thinking of attending. Really don’t have spare time and it requires a lot of arrangements to make it. But being there, will help me to do some connections with people I need their help for a certain project.
So I asked.

What do you think ?

Thanks
Maria

I have found often with questions like these, where one poses a negative ie 'what is the loss' ,if there is no loss then one gets a pretty auspicious answer. Thats what i've seen with hindsight anyway. My view of your answer is is that there may not be much use in going, you may need to reserve your strength and energy, you're a small bird here, perhaps it would exhaust you in some way, don't attempt too much. As for what is loss if you don't go..well I read that as there is no loss, not going is a good approach for you to take. Hex 60 keeping certain limitations of self is helpful which echoes 62. mmm so so far I see it as you don't gain much by going and you actually approach this well by not going.

Then again one can't take 62 unchanging as 'don't go' exactly, it may mean theres still work to be done by attending if nothing major, a small step as Mike said...or even to limit the time or energy you spend by going..........soooooo............ I think I might do a third throw, a very open question about it..in my mind phrased as "well shall i go then or not" lol which I'm aware is precisely the kind of question Hilary would advise newbies not to ask (not that you're a newbie) but I usually find quite a decisive answer with that on top of other questions...however that may not suit you but perhaps some kind of 3rd question might help throw light on the previous two...cos right now its not that clear...but....

...when its unclear, and i think with these readings I personally would have trouble deciding whether to go or not cos they aren't strong statements in terms of each question, it could be the case that it actually really doesn't matter much , to go or not to go, its not going to impact on your life a great deal either way in which case you may as well go with your inclination. Again with hindsight when i've had several answers that don't shout out me to an option its turned out it wasn't that much of a deal either way. Not all situations have much impact...62 can be low impact..

oh a thought that just came to me is if you are going with the idea of hoping to make connections, then 62, keeping a low profile isn't the best hex to get...you know maybe you'd do better not making these connections right at the moment, maybe thats why 19.5, not going, is a better approach..not sure about that, just a thought...

Last edited:
M

maremaria

Thank you both for your replies.
Both you have a point.

I had a reading, another question for the same project (47.2) and it talked about making some offerings. Going there, is a kind of offering. In that event , the people I consider as the “men with the red sashes" will be there. I need their help to articulate a specific work I have to do. ( maybe this is what 60 says here)

Just being there, might be helpful although it would be exhausting.

Trojan, I’m not sure how to read a “what will be the loss if I don’t do this “ and get an auspicious answer. How can one read this answer. What Yi says?
a.There is no loss
b. the loss will be the opportunity ?

:confused:
Don’t know.

M

maremaria

oh a thought that just came to me is if you are going with the idea of hoping to make connections, then 62, keeping a low profile isn't the best hex to get...you know maybe you'd do better not making these connections right at the moment, maybe thats why 19.5, not going, is a better approach..not sure about that, just a thought...

its a play, in a theatre. Not much things I can do. Just honored them by been there. This is how i see 62. Not the right time, in middle of crazy times to make such a discussion. So i should stay low .

We will see.
Be back with feedback

Thanks again.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Trojan, I’m not sure how to read a “what will be the loss if I don’t do this “ and get an auspicious answer. How can one read this answer. What Yi says?
a.There is no loss
b. the loss will be the opportunity ?

:confused:
Don’t know.

All I can say is for me i have found many times, an auspicious answer when I'm looking for, asking about, a negative potential has meant there isn't one..it feels like the Yi says 'look never mind about that look at this' If you will incur no losses at all if you don't go then i guess Yi has to find a way to say that...I guess there are many other ways to say that, but the ways of the Yi are wide and deep ;) Just an experience of mine though, it may not be that way for everyone

M

maremaria

I opened a new thread in Exporing divination for such questions.

Feedback.
As trojan suggested, i asked an additional question. 5> 37 .
5 is close to 62 and 37 comments "Thus the superior man has substance in his words"
I have give my words that i would be there , so i read it as "Go"

Things were 62 , i tryied to be 62 and not push things. A opening appeared.

Today i asked. "what did i gain by going", Just to check Answer 23.6 > 2.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).