...life can be translucent

Menu

3 questions about roommates

titania

visitor
Reaction score
I've moved into my apartment and started interviewing potential roommates. There are two who both seem good in very different ways, and I'm having a terrible time making a decision.

I asked "What would my perfect roommate be like?" and received 38.5>10. Lise says about 38.5, "Often it is scary to take the first step towards people. Most people don’t even conceive the idea, they see differences as obstacles instead of appreciating them. Once the contact has been made, the reward is usually great. But the greatest profit is having the guts to do it." It seems to be suggesting I should go ahead and take the plunge and choose someone, but I don't see anything that gives me a clue as to what qualities I should be looking for or which one to choose.

I then asked about one of the potential roommates, "What would it be like to live with H?" and received 34 unchanging. I don't have a very good grasp of 34 in general and have no idea how it applies here.

I asked about the other one too. "What would it be like to live with J?" and got 30.6>55. Again, I'm kind of at a loss.

Any thoughts, insights, intuitions, guesses would be appreciated, anything that would shake me out of this complete inability to decide.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
You won't know who your perfect roommate will be until you have lived with them for a while.

Living with H would be like a powerplay.

Living with J suggests that she will have peculiar habits that will need curbing form the very start but some other things you will just have to adapt to if you want to get on together.

titania

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Willowfox,

You won't know who your perfect roommate will be until you have lived with them for a while.

I know, that's what's so frustrating about this whole thing.

Living with H would be like a powerplay.

Scary. H is quiet and considerate, but I've gotten the sense that there's steel underneath. I'm not sure how the powerplay would come in though. I've gotten the impression we're pretty much in tune regarding roommate type stuff. Maybe it'll just be a matter of who's going to be the big dog in this kennel.

Living with J suggests that she will have peculiar habits that will need curbing form the very start but some other things you will just have to adapt to if you want to get on together.

This definitely fits my sense of her. I suppose I just have to decide whether I'll be comfortable adapting to the things that aren't going to change.

Thank you for your input.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).