...life can be translucent

Menu

Right attitude? 9.3.4.5.6 > 54

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I'm trying to clear out my closet this morning. Everything is in a pile on my bed. Books, clothes, make up, toys, tapes, wrapping paper, paint, beads, boxes, a shower curtain etc.
I don't know how to proceed. I asked the I Ching, what should be my attitude to sorting out this stuff? I mean, should I be hanging on to it? Getting rid of it? How? By carefully giving things to just the right person? Taking it all to the Goodwill? The Dump? Any ideas will be very welcome.
I received 9.3.4.5.6 > 54.

rosada

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Okay, I've sorted through the stuff as much as I'm going to this round. Thanks to all who read this. Just knowing you and the I Ching were strengthening the guidelines helped me see the path more clearly.
For the record, this is how it worked out:

The spokes burst out of the wagon wheels.
Man and wife roll their eyes.

The closet is full to bursting.
Husband looks at me, I try to look innocent:rant::rolleyes:

If you are sincere, blood vanishes and fear gives way.
No blame.

Admit it and get at it:eek:

If you are sincere and loyally attached,
You are rich in your neighbor.

Get husband to help you:hug:

The rain comes, there is rest.
This is due to the lasting effect of character.
Perseverance brings the woman into danger.
the moon is full.
If the superior man persists,
Misfortune comes.

He did a great job, this is due to his being a perfectionist.
If I keep saving clutter I'll probably have this problem again.
But he would be wise not to mention that;)

Undertakings bring misfortune.
Nothing that would further.

Yeah, I have a strong suspicion this closet isn't gonna stay cleared for long..:p

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
well i did it give it some thought but its such a bitty answer, like the task really. Hex 9, tending the little things in life, cleaning out your closets yes...couldn't quite figure the 54. I was going to say don't give this task more time and attention than it needs...definately know when to stop (9.6)..kinda keep it in its place (54) but i just couldn't make anything coherent out of it.. I think its almost a very literal physical kind of answer..its like i can feel the sense of it related to you cleaning up but i can't say much about it...

all that is the reason i didn't respond earlier :) now you can see why

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Trojan,
Thanks for thinking about it. I think this was one of those answers where the I Ching is answering something that wasn't asked. That is, when I at first felt overwhelmed and came running to the computer to post my question I was really thinking in terms of how should I be thinking about this stuff? Should I be thinking 59. Disperse it to other people, or 23. Split Apart from it and just get rid of it, or what? 9. seemed to be maybe talking about being held in check by the Taming Power of Small Stuff, and 54. saying in view of Eternity, it's all small stuff, but I couldn't get anything out of the lines. It wasn't until after I'd completed the task that the answer made any sort of sense. But what's interesting is that right after posting it I really felt my mood elevate, as if somehow the request had reached the Central Office and help was on the way and indeed when I returned to look at the pile I could sort of see how to proceed and then my husband appeared and together we got it done. So now I'm thinking this is an aspect of the I Ching I haven't acknowledged much, but it does seem to be a common experience, that is, where you ask the I Ching a question and -Lo!- the problem seems to get solved - even without understanding the answer. Ya know what I mean?
r.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn't until after I'd completed the task that the answer made any sort of sense. But what's interesting is that right after posting it I really felt my mood elevate, as if somehow the request had reached the Central Office and help was on the way and indeed when I returned to look at the pile I could sort of see how to proceed and then my husband appeared and together we got it done. So now I'm thinking this is an aspect of the I Ching I haven't acknowledged much, but it does seem to be a common experience, that is, where you ask the I Ching a question and -Lo!- the problem seems to get solved - even without understanding the answer. Ya know what I mean?r.

yes i think so. It can be quite weird. I asked a question this morning, got the answer, made a decision the moment i got the answer, yet had not understood the answer :confused: well hadn't understood it in that I certainly couldn't explain how the answer would connect with the decision. I felt i had ignored the answer and just made the decision but actually the decision definately followed on from receiving the answer ...

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
54 is the yard sale hex. the subordinate task of having to haul all of your old stuff out onto a lawn in the hopes of making some pocket money... and putting up signs saying 1.00 , 5.00, or 20.00 , all the while knowing you'll be offered .50 cents or .75 cents, and eventually letting someone throw the remaining stuff in a bag and take it all for 2 dollars. and you try to do the whole shebang with dignity and grace. but end up feeling like it wasnt worth the price of the ad.

ahhh, glad you didnt have to go that far;)

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
that new avatar...ha ...that's me after I had my lawn sale:rofl:

M

meng

The spokes burst out of the wagon wheels.
Man and wife roll their eyes.

The closet is full to bursting.
Husband looks at me, I try to look innocent:rant::rolleyes:

If you are sincere, blood vanishes and fear gives way.
No blame.

Admit it and get at it:eek:

If you are sincere and loyally attached,
You are rich in your neighbor.

Get husband to help you:hug:

The rain comes, there is rest.
This is due to the lasting effect of character.
Perseverance brings the woman into danger.
the moon is full.
If the superior man persists,
Misfortune comes.

He did a great job, this is due to his being a perfectionist.
If I keep saving clutter I'll probably have this problem again.
But he would be wise not to mention that;)

Undertakings bring misfortune.
Nothing that would further.

Yeah, I have a strong suspicion this closet isn't gonna stay cleared for long..:p

Your 9.3 cracks me up! Love your interpretation of the reading.

54 is probably because you were feeling out of your element, deciding what to do with the stuff.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not the only one, Trojan! Bamboo, love your avatar! Your comments on how it feels after the yard sale give me ideas for 55.6. Meng, thank you! I think you're on to something about 54. Also on another thread LiSe was talking about the second hexagram representing the larger circumstances and that would certainly fit here - 9 all the small stuff in 54, the larger world of the unknown.
Thanks all for responding.
r

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).