...life can be translucent

Menu

20 in the 5th--leads to 23

snapdragonsmile

visitor
Reaction score
This is my first post--I'm really a beginner at this.

Last year, I had an intense but non-physical flirtation with someone who was, at the time, in a relationship with someone else (they've since split up). Since then, he left my town for career reasons and I haven't seen him since. I will be seeing him again soon and asked the yi if there was anything I needed to know about the encounter, receiving 20.5>23.

He is a very self confident "alpha" man, accustomed to compliments and general admiration--our flirtation mainly stemmed from the fact that I was never particularly impressed by him and he tried to win me over. But there was some real connection, especially towards the end--I softened and he stopped strutting about quite as much.

How do I interpret this?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I would assume that he still has a high opinion of himself but it suggests that your meeting will be brief and therefore best for you to refrain from getting involved.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Welcome!

I read 20.5 > 23 as the I Ching giving you a summation of what went on between the two of you in the past. 20.5 suggests you review your previous experience with this man and most likely you will arrive at the conclusion that your flirtation was harmless even though he was involved in a relationship at that time. However, 23 describes something that collapses because it was not broadbased, so your feeling that by the time he left, you had started to develop a more meaningful connection may be overly optimistic. It sounds to me as though the I Ching is telling you that when you encounter this fellow again you need not feel embarrased about the past, but you must also realize you can't assume there is any special friendship here either. You're starting at square one.
Rosada

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).