...life can be translucent

Menu

M

maremaria

He's blessed by heaven.
Good fortune.
Nothing that doesn't further.

Asking for the potential of a small attempt I got this line. In a couple of weeks I’ll have the facts about what line might mean but meanwhile I would like to hear how you see that line.

At a first glance looks like a very auspicious line “Good fortune”, “Nothing that doesn't further” But is that all ?

Any experience with 14.6 that you’d like to share ?

Maria

fkegan

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hex 14.6 >> 34

Asking for the potential of a small attempt I got this line. In a couple of weeks I’ll have the facts about what line might mean but meanwhile I would like to hear how you see that line.

At a first glance looks like a very auspicious line “Good fortune”, “Nothing that doesn't further” But is that all ?

Any experience with 14.6 that you’d like to share ?

Maria

Hi Maria,

I prefer the simple structure of the hexagram to interpret the Yi Oracle rather than the cryptic slogans which were geared to advice for Imperial bureaucrats seeking to avoid blame.

Hex 14 is 5 Yang lines with only the 5th place of control and organization Yin. The image given is of mild, open King with 5 strong ministers, like a wheel of 5 spokes kept in good order by one open hub.
The 6th line moving indicates a focus upon the transition to the next, and with that transition the oracle moves to hex34, Plows or Power of the Great which is great momentum moving forward with still enough open space to move into to allow full effort to be fully expressed.
As an answer about 'the potential of a small attempt' would suggest that potential will be determined by how well this small attempt expresses the transition from the current situation toward the Next and thus is able to change the status quo and open up novel opportunities.

Frank

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Maria
There's a sense of 'How can I help' rather than 'What's in it for me' around this line.
Mike

M

meng

I've experienced 14.6 in all sorts of different ways:

from a "divine revelation"
lift.gif

to a nice buzz

The magnitude is adjustable and relative, but I'd say that blissful detachment is always part of it.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi Maria :)

for me at this point 14.6 feels a bit like putting myself under the mangle, which will create discomforts, i.e. I'll probably have to go thru sth like 34.6 but once I've dealt with it, it does promise great rewards and lot's of help (good wind on my sails ;))

not unchallenging though :rolleyes:

good luck with it!

M

maremaria

Thanks you for your help and sorry for not replying earlier.
What I have not understood yet is how active or better leading should one be or stay a bit back, like not interfere a lot. Like, let the river make its own way or make it run as you would like. I’m not talking for a passive thesis, been inert. Frank and Mike, do you mean it’s a time to act? Use the help of heaven to achieve what you want ?

Rodaki, yes that line feels like wind in the sails.

Meng you said “blissful detachment”. Don’t know if we mean the same but makes a lot of sense . Actually that detachment worried me a bit and asked Yi. Those confusing voices. One says, “work, you should work” and the other says, “its ok, let it be ”
Btw, the gifs you have post are very relevant to that I asked about.

fkegan

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Maria,
Hex 14.6 refers to having all one's ducks in a row.

Being all in a row, they will naturally walk forward along that line. Hex 34 is certainly about action, along a previous organized line and in accord with with established order. Line 6 of hex 14 is the transition to the next in the sense of preparing to make this advance and making sure it is the right action going in the right direction. The idea is to get the ducklings lined up and headed the right way, and then let them walk on their own putting one little webbed foot in front of the other.

What I have not understood yet is how active or better leading should one be or stay a bit back, like not interfere a lot. Like, let the river make its own way or make it run as you would like. I’m not talking for a passive thesis, been inert. Frank and Mike, do you mean it’s a time to act? Use the help of heaven to achieve what you want ?

I would not interpret this Oracle as either "let things be" or "strike while the iron is hot." Rather, figure out what needs to happen and then "make it so." From a Taoist perspective the best way is to so arrange things that you are not seen as doing anything in particular; however the result gets achieved.

Other perspectives would just ask you first figure out what the best result would be and then do what's needed and let others ongoing development also help that along.
The term I would see this Oracle highlighting for you would be "make it run as you would like." Not just what you would like but what is right and moves the situation on to the next (and hopefully better) result.

Frank

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Frank and Mike, do you mean it’s a time to act? Use the help of heaven to achieve what you want ?
Hi Maria
14.6 - For me it's not really about action. You have already set the wheels in motion, made out the list of the things you want to achieve, and now is the time to let it come to you more as as a gift, rather than going out and buying the present for yourself.

Sometimes the more you chase it the further it goes away.

Mike

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
For me,this line is one where you are in accord with the unfolding design of life.and yes, I do believe there is design and purpose in the way life unfolds. we either move in accord with it, or not, but either way it moves right along. the ease and grace of our participation depends upon whether we are "struggling" or riding the waves and loving it. By design, I dont mean predetermined details but a general flow that tends to expand as we cooperate with it.

so I dont think 14.6 is about effort or non-effort. when you're in accord with the flow, you tend to feel magnetic , and also effort comes more easily and happily, even if youre staaying up all night and working on a project. when I have gotten 14.6, it's always given me the good feeling and good feelings energize me even more. so the message is to me to just do the next thing that feels right,catch the next wave and ride, keep going with this, keep flowing, dont let your doubts have air time.

another thing..the Sorrells say about this line that it has an air of "eventually..." meaning that this is going to work out in the long run, so dont give up. for me that has proven true in past. heaven's way doesnt always look impressive in the beginning...you could sorta feel like you could take it or leave it, not a biggie. 14.6 seems to say there is much more than meets the eye behind this, keep moving. you dont have to push, just keep moving.

M

maremaria

so I dont think 14.6 is about effort or non-effort. when you're in accord with the flow, you tend to feel magnetic , and also effort comes more easily and happily, even if youre staaying up all night and working on a project. .

yup :)

M

maremaria

thank you all . You have been very helpful.

Will post when the event take place with my experience of 14.6

Maria

M

maremaria

A semi-feedback.

The event took place a couple of weeks ago. Nothing special happened. All went well. Quite and easy. The interesting is that the day the results of the contest it supposed to be announced earlier but they change plans and will do it today 14.6.09.

Ummm, a coincidence ????

Maria

M

meng

14.6 is an illusive bugger, isn't it? Perhaps that highway knows no end. :)

M

maremaria

14.6 is an illusive bugger, isn't it? Perhaps that highway knows no end. :)

Lol, yes it is.

The results of the contest were announced. today. Not in the first 3 places. So 14.6 doesn’t promise any great success, something mundane. (at least in that case)

I didn’t want to talk about it before the results but what LiSe says about line 14.6 made sense

Spiritual talents decide your value - not worldly accomplishments. They cause intangible blessing, spiritual blessing. Man's real rank in life is according to his spirit.

The story which I took part with was something like blessing. I didn’t write it. It was written by itself, and that happened in a very difficult time and yes it was a gift.
I don’t think that Yi answered directly in my question. Maybe it was a reminder that I had already got my gift and that wasn’t the contest’s prize.

Maria

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).