...life can be translucent

Menu

was my package stolen?

alev

visitor
Reaction score
I was supposed to receive a package at my building yesterday but when I came home from work it wasn't there. Today I confirmed with the company who mailed it and the USPS that it was confirmed to have been delivered to my building at 11:51am yesterday.
I'm a little shocked to say the least because I have lived here for 6 years and have never had a package stolen from the mailbox area and I order things a lot. I know a lot of new people have moved into my building but due to my schedule I never see them, but I am seriously wondering if one of the newbies has stolen it!
I don't want to go accusing someone of theiving and I can't imagine the type of person who would steal from one's neighbor, but i don't know what else could have happened.
I asked the I Ching, "was my package stolen?"
the response: 42.1.3.5 > 52
line 3 seems to definately suggest I have in fact been robbed and to report it to the proper authorities
but lines 1 and 5 have me scratching my head :confused: what exactly are they telling me in this case?
i'm not really sure how 52 applies either. Maybe the subject of line 42.5 will have a change of heart, become kind, return the package so I should just keep still (52)?
any ideas?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
There is a possibility that it has or has been moved somewhere else either intentionally or for some other reason, so first is to go and see the building supervisor, to see what he knows.

If you still can't find it by tonight then make a claim with the post office.

rose

visitor
Reaction score
"I don't want to go accusing someone of theiving and I can't imagine the type of person who would steal from one's neighbor,"...

Dear Alev, I hope the package reaches you. I know exactly what you mean when you say you dont want to go accusing others of theving and yet have no clue how this could happen. Intruder/s robbed me while I was asleep two days ago. I live in a secure complex. I cant imagine the type of person who would steal from one's neighbour as well. Still in shock. Secure all your belongings. I dont mean to come across as preaching. I just wish I secured my belongings.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
BTW, According to compass school feng shui, all houses need fire - the colors red or purple - in the East area this year in order to prevent robbery.

alev

visitor
Reaction score
thank you for all the responses, the package was not there again last night so I have been on the phone all morning with the post office trying to track it down. I'm still waiting for a call back but so far all signs point to it being stolen. The building has double locked doors to enter the lobby mailroom so it had to have been a neighboor if it was in fact taken.
I'm still reserving a little hope for what willowfox suggests, maybe it was misplaced by the post office or something. Unfortunately though there is no on site building management, the complex is run by an out of town realty agent

That's interesting Rosada, I may have to try that ...

and Rose, I'm so sorry about what happened to you, no one deserves to be robbed

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, as there is no supervisor, but only other tenants, then it doesn't look good. Time to make a claim with the post office for reimbursement. Would you have to get a police report as well?

alev

visitor
Reaction score
Yea, it makes it tough with no direst supervisor on premises, but I will notify the management company as well so they can be aware of the issue. I'm waiting for a call back from the supervisor at the post office so I've got the ball rolling there as far as making a claim. I'm pretty sure stealing mail is a federal offence so I will file a report with the police as well just to cover all bases.
unfortunately, the item I purchased is actually sold out now too (and it was something I really wanted!) so it is a bummer but I guess these things just happen sometimes. But in any case I will make a followup post of the package is found.
It's interesting because the item in question is an unique piece of clothing, so if i see anyone int he neighborhood walking around in it...!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It's interesting because the item in question is an unique piece of clothing, so if i see anyone int he neighborhood walking around in it...!

Well, if that's the case then you should soon see the thief.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).