...life can be translucent

Menu

Idea for a book

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:blush:What is an Argonaut?

i dont understand your request. do you want someone to ask the yi about a storyline, or to ask the yi what it thinks of you writing this book?

aside from Yi, I could answer the question myself as to potential story line,of
jaxon and the argyle sox.

jaxon is facinated by the mounds of argyle sox. he is mystified by the fact that pairs get swallowed by the big white wash machine, where did that mate go? he decides to jump into the washingmachine to rescue poor lost sock, to find where do thy go?

he discovers that his little body shrinks and he is able to find the labyrinths in washing machine, the places where socks have got stuck, r hiding, or being held prisoner by tiny borrowers who live down there and want the sox. he rescues them and brings them home.

i did a reading "what is your opinion yi of rosada;s booK. 55 > 22

abundance of grace. actually the storyline fits! the socks are abundantly hidden in the shade of the machine labrynthes. they meet their ruler, jaxon, who can finally brng them up to the light. they are sceened off from their family, andlonely. when they are freed, they can again adorn the lovely feet of jaxon.

just playing around:rofl:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for responding Bamboo!
For those who are wondering what this thread is all about, I had posted an idea for a book title - Jaxon and The Argyle Sox - thinking how the title resonated with the well known myth Jason and The Argonauts, only I didn't have any idea for a plot line. I removed the question a few minutes later just as Bamboo was posting her response.

I think 55 > 22 is a great toss for creating an epic myth!

Also like this idea of asking someone else to do the toss. So often I feel as though my own toss is only mirroring my own perspective. Being able to have a totally neutral party toss the coins seems worthwhile.
Thank you!
Rosada

psi232

visitor
Reaction score
is it a kids book?
cause they won't get the myth reference

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Kids may not know the myth being referenced, but myths are subliminal, kids will identify with chracters and understand journeys and challenges in a personal way. It is a great way of connecting, communicating because kids dont analyze,they actually become the characters, or beome like warriors wanting to help the characters.

psi232

visitor
Reaction score
yea thats true..I recall watching sinbad and the forty thieves and
jason and the golden fleece as a kid,
I had no idea they were myths til 30 years later.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Ah yes, the Golden Fleece! We should have a golden something in the story. A golden shawl? A golden flea?
r.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Ah yes, the Golden Fleece! We should have a golden something in the story. A golden shawl? A golden flea?
r.

Hey Rosada
What about a golden lion?
The boy's name Jaxon is a variant of Jackson and means "son of Jack".
So who is going to be the hero's father in the story.... Keeping up the mythical theme here's a few suggestions , in no particular order.
Jack Spratt
Jack the Lad
Jack of all trades
Jack in the box
Jackanory
Jack Hammer

Mike

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
.............and not forgetting Jack Frost, Jack and the Beanstalk, Jack o' Lantern, Jack s**t, Jack Knife, Jack Boots, Jack Plug..........and Uncle Tom Cobberley and all.:D

Mike

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).