...life can be translucent

Menu

55.3 > 51 Honolulu Hurricane?

DayKnight

visitor
Reaction score
El Nino (a warming of the surface waters in the North Pacific) is back, with the increased likelihood of hurricanes for the Hawaiian Islands, where I live. So, I asked the Yi, “What lies ahead this hurricane season for Honolulu?” And I received hexagram 55, Abundance, with the third line moving, changing to hexagram 51, Thunder. Sounds like my hometown is in for a rough hurricane season - maybe even a direct hit? At least, that’s how I understand seeing stars at midday, the ominous line: “Breaks his right arm” and the resulting hexagram: Thunder! This is a scary prognostication that will prove easy enough to verify in time. But if there’s another way to interpret this line, maybe those in the forum more knowledgeable about the Yi than I can help this nervous islander better anticipate what lies ahead?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The theme of your answer does suggest some stormy weather this year, those big black ominous clouds looming in over your head but the answer also suggests that it may look black but don't worry about it as you will come through the storms just fine.

DayKnight

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Willowfox! Got my hurricane clips installed, water and food supplies refreshed – and now a less anxious attitude thanks to your insight!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Thank you, Willowfox! Got my hurricane clips installed, water and food supplies refreshed – and now a less anxious attitude thanks to your insight!

Don't worry as there is no wind, look at Hex 51, thunder over thunder, so plenty of electrical storms, with some great displays and lots of noise.

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Update!

I was curious how this turned out and found a page about the 2009 Pacific Hurricane Season on Wikipedia. They said: "The 2009 Pacific hurricane season was the most active Pacific hurricane season since 1994" and went on to report that the Hawaiian Islands were hit with two Category 3s and a Category 4 hurricane. They didn't appear to be particularly devastating storms from what I could gather, which makes this a very specific and accurate answer!

Miakoda

comrade

visitor
Reaction score
I was curious how this turned out and found a page about the 2009 Pacific Hurricane Season on Wikipedia. They said: "The 2009 Pacific hurricane season was the most active Pacific hurricane season since 1994" and went on to report that the Hawaiian Islands were hit with two Category 3s and a Category 4 hurricane. They didn't appear to be particularly devastating storms from what I could gather, which makes this a very specific and accurate answer!

Miakoda

In fact wiki only list two hurricanes for 2009:

August 2009: The remnants of Hurricane Felicia brings light rainfall to the northern islands.[29]
October 2009: Hurricane Neki caused minor damage to the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands, striking the Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument as a tropical storm.

Again Willowfox was absolutely correct.

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Please keep in mind that although Willowfox's explanation of 55.3>51 was clear in this thread, she was not responsible for the divination itself, which came from the I Ching.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).