...life can be translucent

Menu

Relationship in next year? 44.1 ->1

sammiemae

visitor
Reaction score
I asked about how this (new, still at friendship stage) relationship would go in the next year, and got 44.1 changing to 1.

44 is Coming to Meet (Blofeld calls it "Contact").
44.1 says: "It must be checked with a brake of bronze. Perseverance brings good fortune. If one lets it take its course, one experiences misfortune. Even a lean pig has it in him to rage around." Because it is not feasible for the relationship to develop on the romantic plane at this time, 44.1 must mean not to let it overstep those bounds, no matter how tempting.

But what does hexagram 1 mean in this context? Perhaps that if one resists temptation, then it can be a very productive and meaningful friendship?

What do you all think?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked about how this (new, still at friendship stage) relationship would go in the next year, and got 44.1 changing to 1.

This doesn't seem very good, as it suggests that you need to be wary of this one and don't let your dreams or fantasies carry you into dangerous waters.
It suggests that if you let him eventually have his way, then you are likely to end up getting burnt.

sammiemae

visitor
Reaction score
Definitely true, WF. I had been hoping that hexagram 1 meant a positive outcome provided that this stays within the appropriate boundaries. Sounds like you see it as a wild show of force that is not good in this context?

Previously, I had asked: Will we remain friends (as in, if there is nothing romantic going on, is there enough here to sustain a friendship)? I got 11 3.5 -> 60 (Peace -> Limitation). Which tells me that our friendship will be good but only if this is kept within proper limits, similar to the message here.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Definitely true, WF. I had been hoping that hexagram 1 meant a positive outcome provided that this stays within the appropriate boundaries. Sounds like you see it as a wild show of force that is not good in this context?

The thing is, once the passion ball starts rolling and the hands start wandering, it just gets impossible to keep things orderly.

sammiemae

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, WF, exactly. Prevention beats cure hands down, is how I've always read 44.1 in particular.

sammiemae

visitor
Reaction score
Update -

Yesterday, he made an offer I could not accept, so I lightly advised him to slow down.
This morning, I asked: will our relationship go back to the level we enjoyed before he made this blunder?

I got 57.2.4 to 33. I understand 33, Retreat, loud and clear, but not sure how the changing lines apply.

Help please?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Update -

Yesterday, he made an offer I could not accept, so I lightly advised him to slow down.
This morning, I asked: will our relationship go back to the level we enjoyed before he made this blunder?

I got 57.2.4 to 33.

It would seem that the relationship will get back to a proper level but in the meantime it would be advisable to back away from him, show him that you are not an easy mark so to speak.

sammiemae

visitor
Reaction score
It would seem that the relationship will get back to a proper level but in the meantime it would be advisable to back away from him, show him that you are not an easy mark so to speak.

What's been happening more in the last few days is that he took it well, but we have each taken a step back. We will see whether that is the pattern going forward, too.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).