...life can be translucent

Menu

a romantic saga...

edge

visitor
Reaction score
Bit of a saga, I'd welcome your thoughts!
A couple of months ago i met a man who i had an incredibly strong connection with (he felt the same way) but after a very intense couple of months he backed off very suddenly saying he wasn't emotionally ready to get involved. I was aware of his very complicated and difficult emotional history (divorce, kids who live with him etc) so it made sense but was obviously very upsetting and felt like a 'right person, totally wrong time' situation. To check it out at the time I asked:
What is happening right now? 28 (moving line 6) to 44 (which was pretty clear)
What will happen if I do nothing now? 13 (moving lines 3, 6) to 17
so I backed off, and left him alone. I wanted to find out if I should keep and open mind about the relationship working at a later date so asked:
what will happen with the relationship? 39:3,4 to 45 which I took to mean things would be difficult and there was nothing I could do to proceed right now, although its not hopeless.
then...
will I have to resolve this situation or will he? 52:3, to 23
Will he come back? 46:3,4 to 40
What will happen with him and me? 53:3,4,5,6 to 16
How will meeting again be accomplished? 55:1,3,4,5 to 8
Is he the right person for me? 53 (no moving lines)
Should I just let go and move on? 64:4,6 to 7

then I realised I needed to look to myself rather than asking questions about what he is likely to do...
What is the most important thing I need to understand about this situation? 3:1 to 8 (once again, pretty clear)
Where is he in relation to me? 15:3,6 to 23
what is my position in relation to him (am I proceeding correctly)? 10:2 to 25
What do I need to understand about my actions/feelings towards him? 20:4,6 to 45

and finally (phew) what do I need to learn from being alone? 51:1,5 to 45

if anyone has the energy to go through all of these I'd be really interested in your thoughts. My feeling is its not the right time but I should keep an open mind about what will happen in the future, and the opportunity will arise to do something at the right time...the really good thing in all of this is that its really taught me a lot about the i ching and using my intuition to work through the different interpretations (I use Blofeld and Alfred Huang which is a great combination of perspectives).
Thanks in advance!!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
What is happening right now? 28 (moving line 6) to 44 With him, then he feels out of his depth with you.

What will happen if I do nothing now? 13 (moving lines 3, 6) to 17 This says that there are indeed obstacles here but the longer you don't do something the worse it will get between you, so really you actually need to do something.

what will happen with the relationship? 39:3,4 to 45 I suppose he will just hold back until he feels ready to communicate again.

will I have to resolve this situation or will he? 52:3, to 23 It suggests that it is wise for you to do something because forcing yourself to stay still is ill advised.

Will he come back? 46:3,4 to 40 Looks like it.

What will happen with him and me? 53:3,4,5,6 to 16 This looks quite nice for progress between you can be made and with it a good result.

How will meeting again be accomplished? 55:1,3,4,5 to 8 Perhaps he will ask you out to dinner or something, oneday.

Is he the right person for me? 53 (no moving lines) Lets say he's pretty good for you.

Should I just let go and move on? 64:4,6 to 7 No, don't lose your head, use your self control to not only persevere but to be patient for the return of the prodigal man as well.

What is the most important thing I need to understand about this situation? 3:1 to 8 This says that when you have a problem such as this one, you stay the course and then he will eventually make it happen.

edge

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your interpretation, fits with my intuition too. I decided to leave it a month or so, then get back in touch so asked:
What will happen if I ask him out for coffee in October? 42 (no moving lines)
Which seems to fit with that intuition, and in the meantime I'm getting on with my life! :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).