...life can be translucent

Menu

Career stagnation

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
Me and 2 other people were up for contract renewals around the same time. Our boss came to us and gave us paltry 3 month renewal and no pay raises. That means I won't have had a pay raise in nearly 2 years!

The kicker is me and these other 2 people are key key key people on certain public high profile projects. The one project this one other person was the lead on brought the company a 20% increase in profits in the first few months of implementation! It is plastered all over the tv and billboards and so on and my project is expected to do the same if not better

Another kicker is the boss hired some new contractor just a few weeks earlier with a 6 month contract

So I asked the yi what was up with our boss giving us the paltry extension and no pay raises?

Answer

43.1.2 to 31

I get from that he doesn't really like us.

I asked about what I can do for my career and got

48.2.3.6 to 20

I get that I should increase my knowledge and it will be a gradual process and then go out and share that knowledge with others.

How can I be the bosses pet?

15 unchanging

Be modest!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
43.1.2 > 31 means you have become sensitized to these particular issues and the people you work with. In order not to jeopardize your position, be cautious. Be on the alert for trouble. Avoid going on the warpath or blaming other people. You know, the economy has been pretty bad. A lot of people have lost their jobs . . .

With 48.2.3.6 > 20, you are stepping back to look at your whole situation. This job has been draining you, hasn't it? Maybe you are causing the energy drain yourself, by getting so worked up like this. After all, you got an extension. You're focused strongly on the negatives, what you didn't get. What about the positives? Are there any? Is it that you've gotten into a horribly negative "comparing" mode, or is it that your true capacities are really not being put to good use?

Nevertheless, line 6 moving says you are, can be, or will be a source of strength to others because of all your good qualities. Line 6 can also mean that you are working for a good company and have nothing to worry about in the long term.

Whenever we ask the Yi how to be liked, it will always give us #15! This doesn't actually mean "modesty." I think in your case it means the following:

Let me quote from Sam Reifler's translation about hexagram 15: "Perhaps you are so full of your most important projects and activities that you relate all your experiences and all your personal contacts to them."

Stepping back to observe that someone else got a 6-month contract and you only got a 3-month contract is "a dark glass through which you see yourself. If there is some activity for which you are particularly suited, do not gloat or plot or fantasize about it. It is a gift from God. Get down to it." I think the management gave the new contractor the 6-month contract to motivate them and get them off to a running start. Down the road, they'll be only getting the 3-month extensions, too. You can bet on that.

Taking a few days off to forget about the job wouldn't be such a bad idea . . .

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
So I asked the yi what was up with our boss giving us the paltry extension and no pay raises?

43.1.2 to 31 It would seem that he is quite unsure about the future and how long the successes will last for, so he is being very cautious by only giving a short renewal and no extra money, he is wisely preparing himself for any unforeseen crisis that can easily appear overnight in an unpredictable economy.
But all is not lost for you because Hex 31 says quite clearly that it would be a good idea to talk to him about your concerns as he is prepared to listen.

I asked about what I can do for my career and got 48.2.3.6 to 20

You are just upset at the moment and need to see the boss but take the long view before making any wrong moves here, you know that you are good so hang in there.

How can I be the bosses pet? 15 unchanging

Just be your sweet old self, and simply get on with what has to be done.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Courtship and Seduction

Me and 2 other people were up for contract renewals around the same time. Our boss came to us and gave us paltry 3 month renewal and no pay raises. That means I won't have had a pay raise in nearly 2 years!

The kicker is me and these other 2 people are key key key people on certain public high profile projects. The one project this one other person was the lead on brought the company a 20% increase in profits in the first few months of implementation! It is plastered all over the tv and billboards and so on and my project is expected to do the same if not better

Another kicker is the boss hired some new contractor just a few weeks earlier with a 6 month contract

Answer
43.1.2 to 31

I think the situation is far more complex than whether he likes you or not. H43 says something is wrong and you must rectify it. Line 1 indicates that you are impatient to do so. Line 2 says that you can temper your determination with careful planning and moderation and succeed. That is good news, but you have to be alert, focused and attentive to your circumstances.

But what interests me the most, as an employer (and human being!) is Hexagram 31. The relationship of a boss and his co-workers is a form of "mutual influence." The energy has to flow between two people. Balkin makes a distinction between courtship and seduction that is very important here. Seduction is the attempt to produce enthusiasm, and involves manipulation and control. Courtship is a manner of mutual desire, mutual affection and mutual respect.

I have employees who really don't care much about the company, or me, and will work hard if I am around or when absolutely pressed. They will be very clear with me when they have accomplished something, and they will hide or have excuses when things don't go well. But we don't have a real relationship, a "mutual influence."

Then I have other employees who have a genuine concern for the organization and an appreciation for the job and company (and by extension me). They come to me in good times and bad, when they need help. They jump in to help when help is needed, often before I tell them. And if they need something, I try to get it for them, past whatever obstacles present themselves.

So my take on your reading is as long as your boss is not in this "mutual influence" or courtship with you, not much will occur. If you begin to care about his fate and the fate of the organization, as you would care about any friend or person, things will go better. Note that pretending to care and posturing is "seduction" (Balkin's term); what you want is mutual influence, the flow of energy between two people that is metaphorically described as "courtship."

You say he doesn't like you; I think that Yi asks whether you like (and more importantly) respect him.

Tiger

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Sensitization

If you begin to care about his [the boss's] fate and the fate of the organization, as you would care about any friend or person, things will go better. Note that pretending to care and posturing is "seduction" (Balkin's term); what you want is mutual influence, the flow of energy between two people that is metaphorically described as "courtship."

You say he doesn't like you; I think that Yi asks whether you like (and more importantly) respect him.Tiger

I don't disagree with the gist of what Tiger is saying, but in my opinion it would be wonderful if we could get away from overly sexualized language and terms like courtship and seduction.I think that when we see and work with people frequently, we can become sensitized to them. Let me give you an example from my own life:

I had been the accountant of a professional woman for maybe ten years when I had a dream about her. In the dream, she was wearing a long white gown and this dream was taking place in an operating theater. She was being prepared for surgery, but this was not going to be a miraculous cure. Much to the contrary, if she agreed to this surgery, which was being pushed on her by a doctor in her confused state, then her health would decline seriously thereafter.

My dreaming about my client was a hex 31 situation. I had become sensitized to her and her life situation through close association over a long period of time. That my job has nothing to do with her health only made my dilemma more awkward. Should I tell her about my dream?

One year to the day after I had had this dream, she informed me that she would be going in for open heart surgery. I agonized over whether or not to tell her my dream, but a couple of people told me it was my responsibility to do so.

Her reaction was this: "That was your dream. Not mine." And she went in for major surgery.

Her health hasn't been the same since. She has had to have emergency treatment to remove fluid from her lungs. She developed other complications. Medicine was never my field. My telling her my dream seemed to create a peculiar ripple in the stream of our business-oriented relationship.

We are speaking of those shadow lands, where the boundary lines sometimes need to be drawn and re-drawn.

In the world of work and business, a female can get into a lot of trouble if the boundaries are not clear between herself and her male employer. In my example, both myself and my boss are women and this has nothing to do with anything sexual. There was no courtship, nor was there any seduction. There was a meaningful connection and mutual influence. It is said that we all influence or are connected with each other in very subtle as well as very obvious ways.

Work goes best when good will prevails and certain knowledge exists that any grievances will receive a fair hearing. Usually when we are having troubles on our job, we have become overly sensitized to issues and people on the job, probably from seeing too much of them, or just from the grinding pressure of the work. Yet it is our responsibility to keep within the bounds of businesslike behavior.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what that means.

This is the advice the Yi has given me about these hex 31 situations, getting too sensitized: Hexagram 33, Retreat. That means a temporary retreat can work wonders for feeling too pulled in or too involved in a frustrated way.

I always felt good will toward my client. But getting overly sensitized to a situation or a person can threaten the normal good will we feel towards people in business we deal with frequently. For example, my female boss has excellent antennae and always intuits exactly when I am planning to request a raise in my fee. She wards me off and thwarts me every time. I even laugh about this now, because it has happened so consistently over the years! She is my lowest paying client! But I don't really care about that so much, because she is very easy to work for and so forth . . . We form a community of interest in which we both play our parts willingly and with plenty of respect on both sides.

I know this is a long post. But I hope it hasn't been tedious. I have been on a campaign to shift how we understand the language of the Yi as it applies to our modern times.

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe I do feel too involved or too close to the situation. I haven't had a vacation in nearly a year and kept postponing what I wanted to do in order to take on these new projects.

I guess I lost some respect for him after his decision to give the 3 of us 3 month extensions. So what he did wasn't just directed at me.

I find he has a few pets; male, who get all the recognition.

When he goes on leave he'll leave one of his pets in charge and all he does is field the administrative things to the other woman.

When the other woman performed a miracle delivering this impossible project, the CEO sent out public kudos to us and our boss just said a few lines as an afterthought.

Yeah these things do make me lose respect for him. I feel a bit resentful for put my all and then some into my work and really caring about what happened, and get no recognition from my boss and the paltry 3 month extension and no pay raise was like a slap in the face. He brought up the fact that we are contractors and not FTE a few times although he expects us to be loyal and act like FTEs.

Anyway, I have my resume out in circulation now.

Tiger don't underestimate the power of butt kissing or think that your employees are especially loyal to you or the company. They would all leave tomorrow if they won $100 million in the lottery.

I was the boss. I did what my boss did on a much larger scale and larger staff. My jokes were much funnier as the boss if you get my drift. ;)

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
The Worst of Both Worlds

I hear this theme in your last post: "I have sacrificed for you. Where is my proper reward?"

Maybe the company and you did not share the same ideas about what you would get, if you sacrificed yourself for the job, putting the job first and yourself second. Maybe that part wasn't written into the contract. Maybe you were going under a set of assumptions that have now been shown to be false. Ouch! That really hurts!

Learn how to reward yourself in some way and forget about waiting for the company to give you your due. And if this gets too bad, you could always go completely into business for yourself. I know the bind you're in. You are expected to adhere to certain conditions as if you were on the payroll, but you don't get employee benefits. But you are also expected to be as brilliant and enterprising as if you were an entrepreneur, but you never get the benefits of that, either. Believe me, I understand your predicament. It's a real bind: the worst of both worlds.

But believe me, Sunnygirl, it could be a lot worse. By the way, can you afford the luxury of temper? How about some time away from the office?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Mutual Influence

I don't disagree with the gist of what Tiger is saying, but in my opinion it would be wonderful if we could get away from overly sexualized language and terms like courtship and seduction.I think that when we see and work with people frequently, we can become sensitized to them. Let me give you an example from my own life:

Ginnie, I understand your reaction to the language, but I think the push and pull of mutual influence, whether you call it courtship or something else is very real.

And I think it is different from being sensitized to someone. My top people, male and female, communicate a respect which I give them back. It isn't designed to be showy, or particularly influence me. They just appreciate the situation. It is a work environment that is not toxic, or crazy, or abusive. They have good people to work with, and they have reasonable control over their destinies and the specifics of their jobs.

At the same time I am not particularly sensitized to them in an almost psychic way, as you have described. Sometimes you can read a little body language, or hear a hesitation in the voice, but that is mostly just paying attention. And I am reasonably sure that they don't know what is going on with me unless I tell them. We have to be open and communicate back and forth, and that is part of H31.

I understand your concern about male/female relations in the office, and the reading in question is NOT about that. Mutual influence is a bit of a clumsy term, and courtship is not a bad substitute. The kids (isn't everyone a kid compared to you and I, Ginnie;)) have given up on courtship; they "hang out", they "hook up", but they don't court, show respect, bring offerings. So courtship is not a bad term to re-invent for an honorable process of exchange, respect and communication.

There has to be some energy flow between two people. If one of them is blocked or resentful, then the conditions of H31 can not take place.

Tiger

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
One Hundred Million

Maybe I do feel too involved or too close to the situation. I haven't had a vacation in nearly a year and kept postponing what I wanted to do in order to take on these new projects.

I guess I lost some respect for him after his decision to give the 3 of us 3 month extensions. So what he did wasn't just directed at me.

Tiger don't underestimate the power of butt kissing or think that your employees are especially loyal to you or the company. They would all leave tomorrow if they won $100 million in the lottery.

Sunnygirl, if you can't respect him, you should leave. It poisons the office. Admittedly, there are lots and lots of poisoned offices...where everyone is full of tension, dislike and back-stabbing is the norm. If you can get out of a place like that, you should, and if you can find a better place, you should. Sometimes you need a fresh start, although that wasn't what Yi suggested.

Just a couple of re-butt-als, especially about butt kissing. If an employer falls for that, he or she is stupid...that is "seduction" in Balkin's terminology, done to flatter and fawn, without respect or substance.

As for who the employer leaves in charge when they are away or on vacation, well they pick people they trust, who they feel they can communicate with. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a person in charge who I didn't have that flow of energy and communication.

Finally, the "pet" thing. I suppose what you are describing is real enough, employers do seem to have favorites. But your use of the term is pejorative, and demeans, and assumes that the other person did nothing to deserve the recognition. Can you be sure that whatever is given to them is undeserved?

Tiger

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
This is the advice the Yi has given me about these hex 31 situations, getting too sensitized: Hexagram 33, Retreat. That means a temporary retreat can work wonders for feeling too pulled in or too involved in a frustrated way.

If Hex 31 is giving advise then it is saying, go and discuss the matter with the boss, listen to what he has to say, that is the proper way to get matters such as this cleared up and in the open.

It is certainly Not telling her to retreat, as there is no Hex 33 in these answers, so don't let the issue fester, get it sorted out, as talking can relieve the pressure.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Being sensitive to each other

And I think it is different from being sensitized to someone. My top people, male and female, communicate a respect which I give them back.

Mutual influence is a bit of a clumsy term, and courtship is not a bad substitute.

There has to be some energy flow between two people. If one of them is blocked or resentful, then the conditions of H31 can not take place.

Tiger

Yes, and maybe "sensitized" is the wrong word.

I like the terminology used in the McCleary translation: "When people are sensitive to each other, then they have a way to reach their goals. When leaders and officials are sensitive to each other, then their proper course of action comes through. When superiors and subordinates are sensitive to each other, then they are successful in their aims. When family, relatives, and friends are all emotionally and intellectually sensitive to each other, they get along well and are successful."

When ill will has crept in, as it will inevitably arise in every relationship, it is up to us to calm down first and speak later, after we have become calmer. There's just no point to discussing things when we are filled with ill-will towards the other person. That's why I thought Sunnygirl might do well to take a break from the office for a few days.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Everything is Copasectic

The kids (isn't everyone a kid compared to you and I, Ginnie;)) have given up on courtship; they "hang out", they "hook up", but they don't court, show respect, bring offerings. So courtship is not a bad term to re-invent for an honorable process of exchange, respect and communication.

Tiger

Oh, now I see where you're coming from with the use of the word "courtship," Tiger! You are really a gentleman, showing great respect to others and expecting to receive consideration in return.

I still tend to see difficulties with using that word, and the usual translation of H31 is "wooing," which isn't much better . . . If you are the King, and your employees are the Court, would you call the process of exchange, respect and communication with your male employees "courtship"?

I think I am beginning to prefer the term "being sensitive to someone." Being sensitive to someone means we have to be willing to be open to them. When that is "correct," then everything is copasetic, as we used to say. :)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Leaving

43.1.2 to 31

In reply to Willowfox, the question of leaving already arose when Sunnygirl received H43, which often is translated as meaning Deciding and Parting, which, of course, means deciding to leave. H43 can also mean to flee under adverse circumstances.

43.1.2, to my way of thinking, means not to take on the boss but to remain alert to further developments.

Sunnygirl is hopping mad :rant: that she has been wronged. How can a productive discussion take place, that being the case? H31 in the Wilhelm translation, under the Image: ". . . the mind should be kept humble and free, so that it may remain receptive to good advice. People soon give up counseling a man who thinks that he knows everything better than anyone else."

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
She asked the question, "what's up with the boss giving a paltry extension and no pay rise", so the answer concerns him and not her.

Therefore Hex 43.1,2 > 31 are all about him. And Lines 43.1,2 describe the situation as regards the extension and no pay rise. Hex 43 is not about fleeing. Anyway the story is in the lines why he would do this and that.

Hex 31 is about talking to the boss plain and simple, and thus advises to keep her head clear so she can listen to what he has to say.

This answer has nothing to do with her leaving, the question is about her boss.

Also, this isn't just about sunny as there are two others also in the same boat, so the boss ain't picking on her.

But I will say this again as it needs to be said, if someone has a problem at work then the simple solution is to talk to the supervisor/boss about it, why sit there and mentally suffer when a quick word will solve the mystery. It is not a case of taking on anyone, it a matter of speaking with your employer and finding out the score. Like what further developments is she supposed to be waiting for pray tell?
I think her answer is abundantly clear, you got a problem then talk to your superior, he sure as heck ain't going to bite her.

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score

I was the boss. I did what my boss did on a much larger scale and larger staff. My jokes were much funnier as the boss if you get my drift. ;)

Sounds like there's a history here and something very unfortunate happened to turn you sour on these issues, Sunnygirl.

In every single situation there will be the things we like. And then there will be the things we don't like. We're not perfect ourselves (H43). Best not to focus on how wrong other people are and the wrongs that have been done to us, because, basically, how far can you get with an attitude like that?

Remain open to good advice (H31).

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 31 is about talking to the boss plain and simple, and thus advises to keep her head clear so she can listen to what he has to say.

This answer has nothing to do with her leaving, the question is about her boss.

Yes, I see what you're saying, Willowfox. I often see the Yi as revealing many different views or points of view at once; many levels; like the layers of an onion. You're right -- Maybe I make things too complicated for myself, turning the issues this way and that way.

I do think Sunnygirl was thinking of leaving as she cast her hexagram, though. She posted that she's already got her resume in circulation.

It all comes down to her keeping her head clear, just as you said. You hit the nail right on the head.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
A clear head leads to wise decisions whereas a muddled and confused head leads to errors of judgement.

Putting out her resume sounds retaliatory.

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
I needed a bit of time to calm down and then post about a further update.

I go into work yesterday and notice the boss has the resource schedule up again. He had taken it down for over a month.

My boss wasn't being honest with us when he said he gave us 3 each a 3 month extension. One person he gave a 6 month extension to.

A month ago he said this to me.
He said he was sorry that because of the uncertainty in the business and the economy, he could only give us 3 months. He then said that he put his neck out to get that to help us and he has been open and honest about everything and that he hoped I would be open and honest with him if I was looking for work elsewhere.

There has been an external audit going on and yes I started putting my resume out then; not because of the crappy extension.

So now, I know he wasn't honest with me and I am even more angry.

Like ginnie said, it wouldn't be wise to approach the boss now and talk to him as angry as I am. I feel it is just best to lay low and do my job and look for something else. We are supposed to have performance reviews this week and I really don't want to do it. I am afraid I will be too honest with him.

I have done a lot for him and for the company. I submitted a list of business ideas to save money and some were adopted. I gave him some of my contacts to other companies. I brought on 3 people who I managed previously for another department at this place. I have worked hours to accomodate for foreign time zones. I have done above and beyond.

Willowfox is right, the question was about my boss and maybe I am just too angry to see what the lines are saying as to why we got the 3 month extension.

I wanted to ask the yi more questions about the situation but won't do the yi when angered.

What is the anger getting me? Well maybe motivation to move on to something better.

As a contractor, the only rewards you get are extensions of your contract and more money. Of course I have the personal reward of doing a stellar job and yes I feel my own personal satisfaction with my work. That is intrinsic.

I have asked for my annual leave a few weeks ago and he still hasn't approved it. He seems to resent when I take any time off anyway and hence my forgoing my own personall life to accomodate his schedule. Funny nobody else does that. Someone else wants to take leave and go somewhere, they just do it, even if it is in the middle of an important project.

I really don't think he likes me much.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
As a contractor, the only rewards you get are extensions of your contract and more money. Of course I have the personal reward of doing a stellar job and yes I feel my own personal satisfaction with my work. That is intrinsic.

Someone else wants to take leave and go somewhere, they just do it, even if it is in the middle of an important project.

Take what is yours, what is due to you, even if you think you see a frown on his face. I have noticed as a self-employed individual that after I say "no," people tend to almost automatically start treating me with more respect. Whereas when I am saying "yes" "yes" "yes," I just get more work dumped on me -- and I get more angry and resentful. By not taking your time off, you might bring a project in by the deadline -- but you're dead in the water with rage, too, hating everybody in sight who's getting a longer extension than you are.

Maybe the whole company is in economic trouble and your supervisor is doing the best by his people that he possibly can do. When you calm down completely, you might ask the Yi some specific questions about the future of the company you're working for.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dialogue

I needed a bit of time to calm down and then post about a further update.

I go into work yesterday and notice the boss has the resource schedule up again. He had taken it down for over a month.

My boss wasn't being honest with us when he said he gave us 3 each a 3 month extension. One person he gave a 6 month extension to.

I am posting some quick replies here just to give you a few new thoughts. Could it be that he was more certain of needing the other person for six months, or perhaps just needing at least one person for six months. In that case, he gets to pick the person. My kids always want everything to be equal. My daughter says, "well you did so and so for my brother." But they are not the same people or the same situation.

There has been an external audit going on and yes I started putting my resume out then; not because of the crappy extension.
As a contractor especially, you should have your resume circulating at all times. That is just practical, it has nothing to do with retaliation.

So now, I know he wasn't honest with me and I am even more angry.
That is your "right" but honesty has limits in the marketplace. And people are not equal. But by all means take action, both with the resume and by communicating.

Like ginnie said, it wouldn't be wise to approach the boss now and talk to him as angry as I am. I feel it is just best to lay low and do my job and look for something else. We are supposed to have performance reviews this week and I really don't want to do it. I am afraid I will be too honest with him.

I have done a lot for him and for the company. I submitted a list of business ideas to save money and some were adopted. I gave him some of my contacts to other companies. I brought on 3 people who I managed previously for another department at this place. I have worked hours to accomodate for foreign time zones. I have done above and beyond.
Try writing everything down, to present your case in a less emotional manner. We have all employees do a self-evaluation; a very useful exercise.

Willowfox is right, the question was about my boss...
Not sure I agree with that one. The question was "what's up with my boss...." Certainly your relationship is part of "what's up."

He keeps renewing your contract; he must value something about you!

Tiger

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
Ok I am feeling better; much better now.

At least I don't stay mad for long.

You all have given me a lot to think about. I am always looking to improve personally and professionally.

I spoke with a former employee and he said as an FTE, he was treated the same way. He'd been there 2 years and only got one 3% pay raise which is barely COL and times were booming then.

My gut was also right about Mr. Buttkiss. I never mentioned his name and this former employee brought his name up as the one who dobbed him in for interviewing other places. Mr. Buttkiss has the boss snowed and sorry from what I have seen most bosses aren't immune to the buttkiss. If the boss knew his little pet was taking 3 hour lunches when he was supposed to be at a demo or pawning off work to other people that he was supposed to be doing, the boss wouldn't like that one bit but I won't play that game as I don't care. Buttkissers usually hang themselves.

This former employee said contractors never got raises and most just found something better after a year or so and moved on.

So there is no reason to be angry about it. It is my fault for letting myself be sucked in and used and I am old enough to know better but hey, the boss is a 'nice' charming guy ya know.

So lick my wounds, polish up that resume, and move on. Lessons learned.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
but hey, the boss is a 'nice' charming guy ya know.

Watch out for those real charming ones, Sunnygirl. They invariably want something . . . frequently, way too much.

Best of luck to you. Time to get my own resume in circulation and get gainfully employed. Bye.

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
Ginnie, best of luck to you in finding something good!

This week has simply been the worst.

As if I wasn't already feeling humiliated enough, this developer complained about me to an executive one level below the CIO. His complaint about me was I was sending him too many screen shots of things! :eek::rofl:

Anyway, it raised a big stink around there all week. The pm and my boss defended me although I think my boss is playing both sides of the fence and was furious at him for crossing the chain of command. I still feel like I had to defend myself and the work I have done on the project. I feel dogged and patronized by this meeting that was set up for me to give a project update. ANY other time, it would be no big deal and business as usual to give an update which would be something I would call myself. Because someone else organized it right after this complaint, once again, I feel I have to defend my work.

I asked the yi what was the best thing for me I could do about this job situation.

The answer 23 unchanging.

Pretty obvious answer.

I applied for my annual leave quite some time ago and received no answer. I asked him again and he ignored me. Turns out others who have put in for leave have also been ignored.

Then this turd has the nerve to ask me to take on more work! No pay increase, crap extension on contract, won't approve my leave and he has the nerve to ask me to take on more work.

I asked the yi what is the best way for me to find a good new job and got

answer
44.2.4.6 to 39

That really doesn't sound good.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail: