...life can be translucent

Menu

60.3,5,6-26: uncooperative at school (bradford?)

philish

visitor
Reaction score
We're having a rough start to the school year here. My seven year old daughter has Asperger's Syndrome and attends a multi-aged gifted classroom where she actually has a lot of freedom to chose what she wants to learn. While some things are improving (she's taking Tenex and staying on task more often), we've still struggling at home and at school with talking back and defiant behavior.

This is nothing new; my girl has from the start had her own idea of reality and doesn't much cater to anyone else's. For instance, she doesn't see the point in wearing clothes. Sigh. And for those of you who are astro-savvy: she has five planets, POF, and Ceres in Aquarius, Moon in Gemini, Mars in Aries, Pluto in Sag. Libra rising. I call her the Friendly Anarchist.

She is utterly an autodidact, and I'm tempted to home school here, but she's also an only child and my circumstances right now don't support homeschooling here. Maybe in middle school... So we've got to work with what's available now: the public school GT program.

SO. What's the primary reason she's uncooperative at school? 60.3,5,6-26

If I had to read this as advice, I'd say the Yi is reminding me that setting limits is necessary to her long-term development. But I asked WHY she's uncooperative.

I asked Bradford for a look at this because I was really moved by his thoughts on being an adult with Asperger's. So Brad, if you were the parent of an Aspie kid, what would you recommend for this reading? The need to please others is not a primary motivator, so her teacher's appeals/tricks/warnings fall on disinterested ears.

Any thoughts from the crew here would be appreciated. We meet with her teachers on Monday for a conference.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
What's the primary reason she's uncooperative at school? 60.3,5,6-26

Line 60.3 says that at present she is only intent on doing what she wants to do, as she either doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand that everyone needs to follow certain rules of behaviour in life.

Line 60.5 It suggests that she is just too rebellious at the moment and just will not play by the rules, she really needs to learn self control.

Line 60.6 The harder you push her the harder she will push back but a lesson in obedience needs to be taught on occasion.

Too much Aquarian in her, with both Sun and Uranus in there you have very rebellious child who resents authority and is a law unto herself.

You and the teachers are facing a battle of the wills, so there can only be one winner here, the grown ups.

philish

visitor
Reaction score
"...a law unto herself" is too true. Dead on, WF. As is the rest of this reading.

Unfortunately, I think it's a case of her not seeing the point in cooperating with others. Her early language delays severely hampered her interactions with others, so her social skills are immature, making her a more obvious target for bullying (which contributes to the misbehavior) and reinforcing her preference to do her own thing 100% of the time.

It's an ugly cycle.

I think it's time for me to ask about my part in all this.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).