...life can be translucent

Menu

taking the plunge to freelance and 63.3,6 to 42

folledeschiele

visitor
Reaction score
Hello friends,

This year is determined to be all change and tumult: I'm being laid off from my full-time job, and since I have been yearning to move on from this job for a long time, I've decided to take the plunge and try to make a living as a free agent. I have a long-term project which has been quite successful until now and I believe that if I put double or triple the effort into it it can really take off both financially and career-wise. I asked the YI whether focusing on making this primary project successful and supplementing with 'satellite' projects would yield good results (as opposed to just finding another full time desk job) and got 63.3,6 to 42. I like 42 in terms of my question-- literal increase-- but 63 always makes me uneasy. Seems to be saying I'll have to be very vigilant and attentive.

If anyone has any insight, it would be most appreciated. Thank you!

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
HI folledeschiele

It sounds like you have had a tough time being laid off and it has pushed you into making some pretty serious career choices.....so you question has a lot riding on it for you.

whether focusing on making this primary project successful and supplementing with 'satellite' projects would yield good results (as opposed to just finding another full time desk job) and got 63.3,6 to 42.

42 is where I see you sitting at the moment.... it look's to be a blessing for you. You are able to ascend the ladder through your own efforts. Well you can't ask for fairer than that.

63 - The transition is complete and everything is in place for you. So losing the job was a good thing......every cloud has a silver lining, sort of thinking
63.3 - Keep your eye on the ball and your emotions and fears in check. Patience and perseverance will see you through. Your own worst enemy may be sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear.
63.6 - You've done well to get to where you are. Don't rest on your laurels now or in the future. Keep going forward and don't get hung up on the past. Time for a deep breath and to take the plunge - However, you are going to have to work hard to keep generating new business.

This all sounds really exciting for you.

Best of luck.

Mike

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am bringing this old thread back up because I am curious about how this worked out for folledeschiele. I just got this same answer to a somewhat similar question. Folledeschiele, can you tell us what happened?

folledeschiele

visitor
Reaction score
I'm responding really late to this question, but it worked out really well! I have been able to make a good living as a freelancer, and a few big projects and opportunities even fell in my lap after I worked hard to network, build a site highlighting my work etc. I was headhunted once by a big client which felt great. So I did get my Increase...and now I don't wish to ever go back to a traditional desk job.

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
looks good!!! beware of fantastical thinking
keep it very real and you will end up in the
dollar!! IMHO

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback - when I see this casting, t makes me think of a bitter battle to get past issues, only to end up in over my head and drown...I never did figure out why it moved to 42. So its very nice to see what a positive outcome looks like! Well done!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).