...life can be translucent

Menu

Goal reading

jane_s

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Would welcome your thoughts on a recent consultation. I have been working towards a goal which is very very.. important to me. I asked the Yi..where I am headed (towards outcome) and I received 20.5 -> 23.
I think this is very relevant. My goal is one of self improvement (improving some aspect in my life). I know the Yi also advises what to do in terms of where I am headed..so I am interested in knowing what is the specific message here. Thanks !!

Jane

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
20.5 > 23

Line 20.5 says that you need to think about and examine your behaviour and attitude, its about self examination. So, you need to think about how your behaviour and attitude affects all those people around you. If you discover that you have some negative traits then weed them out, as you need to be a role model for others to follow, to look up to, liking a shining star.

Hex 23 is saying that you need stability in your life, you need a firm base upon which your new changes will anchor themselves permanently, you need to get rid of any self righteous attitude that you may have, any belligerence, so if you can get on with all people around you then they will always be willing to lend you a hand. So, go and find peace.

jane_s

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Willowfox,
Thanks for your insight. I really was just thinking about myself when doing the reading...did never occur to me that the Yi is asking me to examine myself with respect to how I behave with people around me....

Jane

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I really was just thinking about myself when doing the reading...did never occur to me that the Yi is asking me to examine myself with respect to how I behave with people around me....

You are not alone, you are part of the vast web of humanity, therefore you interact sometimes, with hundreds of people in a day. Think how the shop assistant, or passenger on a bus perceives you.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
20.5 - 23.

Trying to apply these hexagrams to the situation of goal setting...

Contemplation of my life.
The superior man is without blame.

I see this line as saying if you have sincerely done all you can to live up to your resolutions then you should feel good about yourself - no matter what the actual results.

Splitting apart.
Those above can ensure their position
Only by giving generously to those below.

A warning here that when you achieve your aim you must take care that you have a broad base of good habits now so you do not lose what you have worked so hard to achieve.

To give an example, lets say your goal was to eat better. I would see this reading as saying, "You are doing well while consciously focused on this goal, now you must make eating right a regular unconscious habit ."

Perhaps this hexagram could also be read as advising you to join a support group, or at least to be sure to surround yourself with people who are supportive of your desires.

-rosada

Last edited:

jane_s

visitor
Reaction score
Its the people and the world around me that drive me to take up a goal in the first place...so yes, it can never be about just myself.
Also I quite like what Rosada said about making it a regular unconscious habit. That will not only give me satisfaction but also make my life so much more meaningful. Thank you guys for your wonderful insight!!

Jane

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).