...life can be translucent

Menu

Timing and other questions

akath19

visitor
Reaction score
Hey!

I've been wanting to ask a timing related question, however I haven't seem to be able to find any info online about it (I know Blofeld's translation has something in that regard but here in Colombia there's just no way to find that translation anywhere), so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or teach me how to deal with timing related questions.

Also, I just asked "How can I make X's love for me grow every day?" (I know it's a pretty big question but it's precisely what I wanted to ask) and go 15.1.3.4 > 51, now the whole talk about humility is kinda weird for a relationship question so Id' love if anyone has any insight regarding this.

Third, I've been reading a "modern" translation made by Neyma Jahan, it's called "I Ching, Celestial Dragon Edition", has anybody else seen this one, 'cause some parts of it seem pretty well translated to "modern day language", and it's also available for free here.

Thanx

Julian

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
First timing is difficult, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. You can take clues from some hexs and lines, and sometimes from your own commonsense.

As for Neyma Jahan's translation, I personally don't like it.

"How can I make X's love for me grow every day?" (I know it's a pretty big question but it's precisely what I wanted to ask) and go 15.1.3.4 > 51

Its all about modesty in behaviour and attitude and not trying to force yourself upon X, not getting into petty arguments and quarrels, be kind and obliging, so just let things take their natural course and stop trying to go so fast.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Julian,

I think Willowfox summed the whole situation very precisely, "Let nature take it's course." - I add, "advises hexagram 15. Because nothing can stop Mother Nature, advises hexagram 51."

To illucidate my thinking in case you wonder where I'm coming from and how I came to this conclusion from the information and hexagrams you've given:

I look at 15. Modesty as describing someone who is not flashy or trying to draw attention to themselves, indeed, someone who at first glance fits in so perfectly with the crowd that you might not notice them at all except they are so reliable, so trustworthy, so without ego demands that their exceptional good nature does stand out. I think this is advising you to simply be yourself, but at the same time be your best self.

Thoughts on the lines:
A superior man modest about his modesty
May cross the great water.
Good fortune.

I think this encourages you to make yourself available for a deeper friendship. That is, don't be so modest you go into hiding! LOL! Get up, look good, be friendly but make no demands, no chasing. Get close enough that he CAN notice you, but do nothing out of character to attract his attention.

A superior man of modesty and merit
Carries things to conclusion.
Good fortune.

This line emphasizes not getting overly excited or knocked off center by the highs and lows of relationships. Be calm and reliable. Don't play games. Don't act crazy.
Further thoughts:
Your original question was how you can get him to care about you, so we are assuming you care about him, still though this line makes me think the I Ching is cautioning you not to get him interested in you if you are not intending to "carry things to conclusion."
Further thoughts:
When a conversation/moment is over don't try to keep it going, don't be a cling on.

Nothing that would not further modesty in movement.

No matter how close you get to this man, do nothing that crosses over the line. Remember the first word of advice of the I Ching: 1.1 Don't make the first move.

All the lines here in 15 suggest to me that the I Ching is advising you to be as close as possible to this friend without you being the one to suggest you are anything other than two nice people who happen to know each other. Then, if there is indeed any natural chemistry between you...

51. Kaboom! The sparks will catch fire and light up the sky!

Best of luck,
Rosada

Last edited:

proserpine

visitor
Reaction score
My expereince is that H.15 means like both Rosada and Willowfox were saying that we need to lower our expectations.
Modesty is most important--as in just being yourself,and *also* allowing the relationship to be what it is, not a fantasy or picture of a relationship. Not looking at the relationship through either rose-colored or dull dirty glasses.
Speak modestly--but most of all be modest as best you can.
You will not be ignored or left out if you''re not a "star" at all times.

It was already said here, but while this may sound petty to point this out--we can never make anyone love us.
Probably this person cares about you already-go with the flow.
The relating hexagram, Hexagram 51, on the other hand means you may be in for a shock.It could be good or not so good.
But you will learn a lot more about what real love is and isn't by it, I suspect.
Oh--I'm not certain, but I see Blofelds version on AmAzon, maybe you can order it?They often have used copies too, listed by private booksellers.
And/or try alibris.com --they have many a book, and have a database of private sellers they can direct you to also.
I bought a book from them for $10 that was much more expensive everywhee else.

Last edited:

akath19

visitor
Reaction score
Thanx for your replies, now I see the whole modesty issue (and more so because I talked to a friend and he basically said the same thing, especially because he truly is a great man and I see him as the "Great man" that some lines in other readings refer to).

About timing I wanted to know because I've seen some readings where people get a direct time frame for theirs, however sometimes I get "10 days" and other times I get "3 years"

Regarding Blofeld's translation, I tried to buy it on Amazon, but the shops that do sell it won't deliver to Colombia, and alibris.com is not an option because it only lists US sellers.

Also because of this reading I asked a "follow-up" question, I asked "What do I need to work on myself in order for X to fall in love with me?" and got 1.2.5.6 > 55, after reading about it here and some personal interpretations I see it as developing my "male energy" (I'm a male BTW) and developing my "archetypal male personality" regarding love, what do you guys think??

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked "What do I need to work on myself in order for X to fall in love with me?" 1.2.5.6 > 55

Line 1.2 suggests a need for seriousness dependability, and maturity.

Line 1.5 make sure that you are on the same wave length as her, that you can indeed blend together.

Line 1.6 stop trying to hard to convince her that you are Mr.special, the one and only, and that she needs to succumb to your charms.

Hex 55 just relax and enjoy your time together, don't start bringing in any heavy issues into this relationship, it is a time of fun and freedom.

Have you tried eBay? Strange as I have an old Blofeld that I never use anymore and would consider selling.

Timing, use your commonsense, 3 years, indicates a fairly lengthy period, which could be 3 months or much longer, and 10 days, could be weeks or months.

akath19

visitor
Reaction score
Thanx, maybe timing is a very difficult subject that I better not delve too much into.

I've noticed that all of my readings point to the same place "Stop trying to convince her, just be with her", and although is hard the Yi is definitely telling me to do it.

That made me think about what I'm trying to ignore in my relationship with her so I asked "What is it that I'm not wanting to hear about my relationship with X?" and got 2 unchanging, I see that as listening to the Yi's advice and just living my life, what do you think??

P.S.: Regarding the Blofeld translation, now that I see that the whole timing issue is maybe too subjective I'd rather not read it (don't add any more wood to the fire)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
That made me think about what I'm trying to ignore in my relationship with her so I asked "What is it that I'm not wanting to hear about my relationship with X?" and got 2 unchanging,

Stop trying to take charge and trying to get your own way, this hex is advising you to take a back seat and refrain from being the driver.

akath19

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I'm really bad at relinquishing control (dunno why, maybe it's because I've always been forced to control a lot of situations in my life).

A question emerged from this (although it doesn't sound like a follow-up question, in my mind it is), I asked "What does X think (not feel) of me?" (since I thought maybe she thought that I am too impatient) and got 14.1.3 > 64

14.1 talks about avoiding harmful things and influences, which I see as my avoiding fighting or even bickering with her.

14.3 is more difficult for me to understand since it talks about offerings and the "Son Of Heaven" which I don't quite get.

What do you think Willowfox??

Also I've gotten 64 in a lot (and I do mean A LOT) of my readings (all of my readings about my relationship with her anyway), do you think that means something good (as in the potential for greatness is there) or something bad (as in the potential for great destruction is there)?.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, if she thought of you as a bad person, then there would be no way that she would even consider associating with you. But she knows that you are not perfect, and that you will slip up eventually, but you need to show her that you are capable of sorting any future problems out in a gentle and considerate manner.
She also thinks of you as a generous and good natured person who will look after her, so don't worry as her thoughts are good about you, so just be on your best behaviour at all times.

akath19

visitor
Reaction score
My best behavior....that's kinda hard to ask but I'll do it, anyways I had a really bad day today and she was there for a while (while I subtly complained about my day) and didn't say a bad thing (ironically she just sat there and smiled at me a few times).

However after we parted (sounds really powerful, the word "parted") I got a little bit paranoid and asked "Does X love any other man more than she loves me?" (and one would expect some reference to her father, but her father left her and her family when she was a child so that one's ruled out) and got 18.6 > 46.

Now 18.6 talks about not serving kings and princes,and with all the imagery about working on what's really worthy I can't help but think the Yi said "don't even think about it" as in "why do you worry about that?".

Am I correct or am I totally and completely lost??

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Line 18.6 says that she is above all that, and there is no other man that can win her love, neither living or dead.

Just relax!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).