...life can be translucent

Menu

26.2.3.5 what is the advice?

I

ichinglover

Hi all!

After some extensive research, I would like to ask for your help again.

Here is my personal balance sheet :)

Liabilities:
for the past several years I'm severely depressed, I'm out of job (been fired), I had one extremely damaging relationship with a wrong person, I have no money left, I have no one to support me financially or emotionally, I'm getting older and loosing my looks(obviously I'm a female :)) and...

i want to change my profession, and as a normal woman I obviously want to settle down sooner rather than later

Assets:
I have several citizenships and a green card to live in the US

Looks sad really, does not it ?

Well, I asked "how can I put my life in order?"

and got 26.2.3.5 ->?

I read some sources, and found the reading to be quite cryptic, or not helpful even, like sure you have problems but you can succeed :)) Can you please let me know if there is anything more concrete in this reading?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
THE IMAGE
The superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity
And many deeds of the past,
In order to strengthen his character thereby.

Any thought of taking some classes?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Growing Your Life

Hi all!
I asked "how can I put my life in order?" and got 26.2.3.5 ->?
H26, Take Great Care and Restraint, Accumulate, Store Up and Prepare; Develop Resources for Later Use.
Hilary: "Steady persistence over time, letting each crop complete its growth, will yield a good harvest.This enables you to go beyond your habitual boundaries and nourish yourself on new experience."

In other words, there is not a quick fix. A farmer can not grow the crops he wants instantly. That is the model here. The lines give more detail but don't change the basic message: cultivate your life.

Line 2: you can't advance now, through no fault of your own. Something basic and fundamental is wrong. (A strap is not attached to the cart). Use the time to accumulate resources and figure out what is wrong.

Line 3: A horse is a vehicle for getting where you want to go. If you acquire the means to pull the cart (the horse), keep in mind that you will have to "practice chariot driving and armed defense" The horse will need care and training.

Line 5: Take the parts of you that are impulsive and tame them. Re-channel your energies...you need your energy, but it has to be at your command.

Again, the lines may not be critical to begin with; start by understanding what it means to grow your life.

Tiger

I

ichinglover

Tiger,

thanks again, for your interpretation.

I unddrtsand the part of being impulsive, and taming myself, but what is the horse of line 5?

And where do I get one?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The Horse and The Gelded Boar

Tiger, I understand the part of being impulsive, and taming myself, but what is the horse of line 5?

And where do I get one?

The horse is in Line 3 and I am less familiar with that line (personally) than the others. Line 5 is the gelded boar, where you have to take something wild and change its nature.

According to Huang, Line 3 is not a favorable line. He says you are too anxious to advance, "like mounting a good horse and giving chase." Hilary says.."The horse will run with the herd and follow its instincts. For your power to pursue to become a strength rather than a liability, these impulses must be restrained, boundaries safeguarded and energies redirected – so that you control the direction of travel."

The relating hexagram for Line 3 is Decrease (H41). That is what happens if you let the horse run around without good direction.:)

For Line 5, you have to change the fundamental nature of something wild into something tame. It is a different quality than the wild horse. You direct the horse, as a rider, to control the direction of travel. With the boar, you castrate or geld it, and change its fundamental nature. Whatever wild and impulsive parts of you would threaten your slow and steady progress, you must change their nature. When you change your nature for the better, there is reason for celebration.

Did we calculate that the relating hexagram is Increase, H42? By fixing what is wrong, learning to direct the horse, and taming those parts which need civilizing, Increase is the result.

This is a very long term, very noble and very general answer to a very general question. Still, I am certain it speaks to the question. But a more specific question might product more immediately actionable results.

Tiger

gene

visitor
Reaction score
The horse in line three drives the chariot. The idea is that in order to accomplish something you have to practice every day. Specifically the line speaks of "armed defense." But defense can apply to anything we are trying to accomplish in life. In order to accomplish something we must practice, and defend against error.

The next thing is, get over your depression. That's something you can apply "armed defense" to, is your mental focus. It doesn't help, and in fact makes things worse, to be depressed. Easier said than done, I know. It is tough, very tough. But the more you can relax and let go, the more the universe comes to your aid.

Gene

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).