...life can be translucent

Menu

How the Lines relate to eachother

jonathan

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,
for those interested I have a question about the individual lines:
I have read Alfred Huang give each line a name-for example Sage or King for the top two. The implication was that you relate the lines, depending on which line you get(presuming you get a single one.)
Essentially, I have been wanting to learn this apporach but not found much useful information, aside from small amounts from Huang(that I know of).
Does anyone know of useful ways to use this kind of method?
As an example, say you get the first yao-Huang says it corresponds to the top line. But also because the lines move up you have the second line to consider also.
I find this a fruitful idea to consider, as it clarifies where you are, what to consider, watch out for, how to act etc. What do others think about this?
Has this been covered before?
Cheers
Jonathan

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have three pages on it, under Yao Wei (Line Position), Vol 2, Dimensions chapter.
This dimension was definitely part of the thinking of the original authors and not something made up much later. It's important to get an overview of it, but I wouldn't overcomplicate it and make (or follow) up all sorts of of rules about how the lines interact with each other. Just start with getting a good sense of what each position means or symbolizes.

S

superstar

Question?

What does Hexagram 23 line 6 turns into Hexagram 2 mean about someone calling/contacting me in November? It concerns me and my separation with a love interest does it mean final ending forget about it?

Thanks

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What does Hexagram 23 line 6 turns into Hexagram 2 mean about someone calling/contacting me in November? It concerns me and my separation with a love interest does it mean final ending forget about it? Thanks

You should probably post this in Shared Readings and maybe give some more background on what caused the separation. Only what should survive will survive 23.6.

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
Hi! Jonathan,

The hexagram originally existed without names and texts. The enlightenment of a hexagram was mainly derived from the phenomenon created by its presenting images and the performance of its lines. In following these, Chow Yi nominated each hexagram and provided it and its lines with the text. While studying Chow Yi, people of the later generation traced back to its fountainhead and found out certain rules to read the text; ten wings are ones of those. Nowadays people also integrate the pattern of modern life in order to paraphrase the world of today.

For your reference, I have summarized these at How to read the line. However you must note: 1) it is a universal rule; while a hexagram or a line is provided with a text, it also confines the rule to a certain category; 2) different method and cutting point might lead us to a different course, the end is the text; 3) the rule is for helping us understand the significance of the text; however the text is widely interpreted in English.

Regards
Tuck :bows:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Tuck-
Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but I was unaware
of your eBook until I explored the link you just posted.
You've done some very good work with your translation.
I only update my links occasionally. but it's queued up for the
next update. Thank you.
Brad

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
Hi! Brad,

I thank you very much for encouragement.

Regards
Tuck :bows:

J

jesed

Hi Tuck

I use to read your e-book 2-3 times a week (it is the only "new" material I'm reading righ now) Still finding places to enjoy and learn. Thanks for your seriousness, sincerity and love for this classic.

Best wishes

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).