...life can be translucent

Menu

47>17 in finding help for child

suzette

visitor
Reaction score
I have a son with severe behavioral issues. He is under 10, has had a lot of problems at school and at home with physical aggression. We are currently working with a staff of social workers at home that have helped us to make great strides in improving his behavior at home. Unfortunately, I don't think we've convinced his current school staff of the validity of the new approach, which is an obstacle to progress. Although the school specializes in children with behavioral issues, we have been asked to keep our son at home for several days in the last month.

The question is "What is right focus for successful path for X". The result was hexagram 47.2.5>17. Line 2 tells me that I should limit myself to those elements that I can control, such as maintaining a consistent response with my son. Line 5 says that, although I am not at the controls, something good can come by being patient. Hex 17 tells me that I need to be open to new pathways that may become open in the future. If there are any alternative and/or clarifying thoughts, I'd appreciate insight from others.

Thank you very much.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
According to Wilhelm, both lines two and five suggest you are not getting the help you need from the school and they suggest prayer. Couldn't hurt...
Rosada

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
You can control elements of his diet.
Maybe he has food allergies, one to look at might be wheat.
Also food additives, such as msg can be a problem.
You can search the internet for the broad topic food and behavior problems, or environmental problems and behavior.
Are there any elements in the environment at school? Gary Null, the nutritionist told a story about a girl having behavior problems in a certain class. It turned out the class was near the school pool and the chlorine had a bad effect on her.
Everyone reacts differently to allergies, so one person might feel one way to the same allergen and another a different way.
Can you take him to a homeopath?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have a son with severe behavioral issues. He is under 10, has had a lot of problems at school and at home with physical aggression. We are currently working with a staff of social workers at home that have helped us to make great strides in improving his behavior at home. Unfortunately, I don't think we've convinced his current school staff of the validity of the new approach, which is an obstacle to progress. Although the school specializes in children with behavioral issues, we have been asked to keep our son at home for several days in the last month.

The question is "What is right focus for successful path for X". The result was hexagram 47.2.5>17. Line 2 tells me that I should limit myself to those elements that I can control, such as maintaining a consistent response with my son. Line 5 says that, although I am not at the controls, something good can come by being patient. Hex 17 tells me that I need to be open to new pathways that may become open in the future. If there are any alternative and/or clarifying thoughts, I'd appreciate insight from others.

Thank you very much.

wonderingif the 47.2.5 describes the situation your son feels himself in. Theres much frustration in 47..wondering if you can follow him in this, perhaps he himself can guide you to the best way for him. 47 is about feeling hemmed in, unable to move or grow or express and what you do try to express isn't heard. All these 47 feelings could easily mainfest as anger in a child, a child who doesn't know perhaps why he feels so frustrated becasue he can't put it into words, yet if you follow him he might show you to the root cause of this ? I can appreciate that may sound somewhat idealistic in the face of really bad behaviour...but there has to be a reason for his frustration

suzette

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Rosada, no the school does not appear to have the wherewithall to give him what he needs. Susan, we have experimented a lot with diet through the years. Trojan; we are working at talking through the issues with my son, and his anger does mask that he feels helpless and a victim in his environment. He needs to feel like he will be taken care of. Unfortunately, I don't think the classroom dynamic gives him that assurance. And, since we don't sit with him during the day, there doesn't seem to be more we can do other than recommend the roadmap, which we've been trying to do.

So I asked "given that the school may not be equipped to help, what can we (his parents) do to support productive resources that will help provide a successful outcome?" The result was 34 unchanging. Does this suggest being more assertive than we have been doing? We don't want to alienate the staff, but we are clear that they just don't "get" it.

Thanks again for your consideration and effort.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
THE POWER OF THE GREAT. Perseverance furthers.

The superior man does not tread upon paths
That do not accord with established order.

I don't think 34 unchanging is indicating you being MORE assertive. I think it encourages you to continue being active though.
Thinking back about your earlier question and the answers you received recommending prayer, I'm wondering if teaching your son some mantra or prayer to do when he is feeling stressed would be of any benefit?

Best wishes,
Rosada

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).