...life can be translucent

Menu

curious about a reading

A

aine

I have the same question a lot of people have. There is a certain guy I know, and it seemed to me that there was an attraction there, but it's been going on for a few months. I'm horribly shy and had been fighting the urge to just withdraw away from him. It's been very difficult to just be myself around him. Lately I've been losing that shyness and wondering if there are any possibilities in the direction of a romance. So I did about 4 readings asking the same question from various angles. The first and last one were most interesting because they were symmetrical.

Question 1: What should I be mindful of during this period. (It was really a question about life in general.)

result was 45.2.3.6 going into 44.

Then I got to thinking about this guy and asked
Question 4: What he intended to do in regards to me (if anything). I've been keep hoping he would ask me out, although that seems unrealistic considering how shy I've been.

result was 28.6 going into 44.

Sadly I think these reading mean I should stay away from this guy because it looks like something may happen that could only turn out badly. I was just wondering if there was any other way to interpret this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
M

meng

Do I dare open the 44 can-o-worms? There are a few who don't always view 44 in a negative way, of which I'm one.

Here's the standout I'm hearing:
I'm horribly shy and had been fighting the urge to just withdraw away

In specifically this context, 44 may be just what the doctor Yi prescribes. And, within this context, even 28.6 could say to take the plunge. But it is you, in either case, who makes those decisions; part of 44 also.

So, to have some of this naughty maiden may serve your timidity well, just don't "marry" her. There's nothing sexier than a virtuous woman. Maybe you just need a little more confidence.

A

aine

Thank you Meng. That was pretty much the last response I was expecting. It has been a long time since I played with iChing. Yesterday while asking this question and going through this site I realized for the first time how poetic, deep and philosophical this oracle really is. One thing I see is that the meanings behind responses are often exactly the opposite of what you would expect. I would like to be able to read these as elequantly as so many people on these boards. So I asked a bizillion questions, I'm trying to emotionally stop thinking of this guy as a possibility in light of the reading yesterday but I couldn't help asking anyway (withdrawl pains?).

Attitude I need to take to find romantic love?
26.2.3 -> 27 Can't make much sense of this. I think it means I need to put myself out there more and look at more possibilities than just this one? This is good advice.

If I decide I still want to attract Mr.X what attitude should I take?
33 unchanging (seems to be counter to what is above, maybe I asked too many questions?)

So I asked what would be the response from him if I retreated (is this too speculative for iChing?)
49.4->63 Seems to suggest that things will resolve themselves in one way or another, certainty is a good thing.

Anyway I've been enjoying this beautiful oracle.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).