...life can be translucent

Menu

Your oppinions about a relationship reading

wonderer

visitor
Reaction score
I have a female friend that I like very much and our friendship was going well in terms of communication and understanding each other.
Since some time now I was wondering if our friendship can be something more. I always liked her very much and started to think that we could become closer but I had a feeling I really don't know everything about her.
So I asked I Ching some questions:
- What can be a description of our relationship: 17.2.5 -> 54
- What is my position in this relationship: 55.5.6 -> 13
- What is her position in this relationship: 55.6 -> 30

I do not have a great experience with interpretations but what I understand is that this friendship is a good thing and I should leave it like this for the moment. 54 tells me that there cannot be a future together.
As for the other questions i understand that if I will try to get romantically involved I might ruin our frienship.
A little confused about last two questions getting the same hexagram, even with different changing lines. If I have questions about moving further the relation does this mean she thinks something similar?

Any other insights from you?

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So I asked I Ching some questions:
- What can be a description of our relationship: 17.2.5 -> 54
- What is my position in this relationship: 55.5.6 -> 13
- What is her position in this relationship: 55.6 -> 30

54 tells me that there cannot be a future together.
As for the other questions i understand that if I will try to get romantically involved I might ruin our frienship.
A little confused about last two questions getting the same hexagram, even with different changing lines. If I have questions about moving further the relation does this mean she thinks something similar?

Any other insights from you?

I can only answer according to how I would respond if these were my readings.
the description of your relationship is 17.2.5 to 54. I see this as rather hopeful, the 17 indicates a desire to pursue this and to aim for the best (line 5) ...line 2 might indicate that you are holding back ( maybe out of fear) . I don't see 54 as necessarily saying you don't have a future....it could mean a lot of things. Is she at a disadvantage because she does not know your intention? Maybe you are at a disadvantage because you have not been bold enough to approach the maiden. Lose the little boy and embrace the man. courage to go for what you truly want

55.5.6 to 13 seems to say that the time is right, you have much to bring (5) but perhaps, again, you are not forthcoming, holding back( 6) You would like to join with her.

55.6 could mean that she is feeling isolated, lonely and in need of some warmth (30) I suppose it might also indicate that she is suffering heartbreak from a previous relationship and clinging to that.

You could, it seems, approach her with care and let her know that you would love to take her out on a date, get to know her....i dont see there could be any harm in that. if she was not interested in that, you could handle it, and I cant imagine it would ruin a friendship, unless it created awkwardness, but why should it? Its a flattering invitation, and it's not like your heart will be broken, you'll just go on as friends.
but maybe she would really respond well to an invitation to get to know each other in a dating way. 55.6 is a lonely place to be.
good luck!

J

jesed

Hi

Just in case the comment could be useful

A lot of worries in both sides; and some kind of inmaturity (mostly in her side). I wonder if maybe she could have someonelse in mind; or someone who obstacle you.
Anyway; you need to be flexible; and adapt yourself to the circumstances. Then, the time would come when you have a really good chance. Not now, but latter. Meanwhile, act with joy and avoid rigidity or stress.

Best wishes

wonderer

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your answers.
They do put a different light on the readings.
Anyway, I am hopping for the best :)

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hi,
any news about.
could you please update the topic?
:)

wonderer

visitor
Reaction score
hi,
any news about.
could you please update the topic?

That was so long time ago...
Nothing really happened, we remained friends. It turned out that even if we understand each other very well, we have different expectation from our relationships.
It is possible that at that time she already had her eyes on someone else.

patro

visitor
Reaction score
thank you for update...
it's very important to understand the real meaning of the answer related to the situation.

strange is that you got for both 55 with the sixth line moving.
This suggests that you both were jealously and morbidly linked to another. this also suggest that at time both were moved from personal interest(convenience), without considering really each other. a kind of obsessed(not offensive) relation.

thank you

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I just read this updated thread and FWIW I always take 55.6 as an advice not to hold back in entering in to something, to take opportunities not let them pass by

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).