...life can be translucent

Menu

wow - fastest way to loose weight = 23

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Got 23 unchanging to this question. So obvious -- let go!! But HOW??

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Got 23 unchanging to this question. So obvious -- let go!! But HOW??

there is only one way..its simple biology...to use up more calories than you take in which involves you eating less and moving more

anyone who tries to sell you anything else is conning you..unless you have some metabolic disorder such as underactive thyroid which is worth getting checked out if you feel tired too.

shedding is your answer, i don't even think its 'let go' its just shedding...i think the Yi gives you back the question perfectly...very droll

Granted sometimes bodies do hold onto weight pretty tenaciously especially in middle age but thats in part the bodies wisdom..apparently fat cells produce oestrogen offsetting certain health risks in menopause. The metabolic rate naturally slows as we get older anyway and we have a decrease in muscle..and muscle actually burns off more calories than fat..so best way to stave off being a middle aged potato is plenty of exersize i think...but even then I don't think one generally goes back to the slenderness of youth. Well a few do but not many, i think in part theres a genetic basis for how we hold weight.

Anyway I know many women who say they literally can't eat any less, they really don't get why they are piling on the pounds...but usually its just they haven't adjusted to the fact their body is ona slightly different metabolic rate past 40 and to stay slimmish they need to be quite disciplined with an exersize programme.

Of course if you are a young thing none of this applies

...actually another thought is the Yi was being even more droll by suggesting 23 as quite a drastic food reduction method...now I'm not even sure the Yi was being droll at all...I mean if you are very very overweight for example it may be 23 is about really 'cutting back' quite radically. See i find 23 is quite a radical hexagram...no half measures, and whenever i have asked about weight issues i seem to get hex 15 which is an altogether softer approach.

Initially i took this answer as a reflection of your question, but now I'm not so sure. If you think about the imagery of 23, really cutting back.., and it certainly doesn't feel like fun can you relate to that ? Do you think quite a harsh cutting back regime could apply to you ? (well surely not at xmas lol)

Last edited:

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, it's drastic - 23 is to strip away and become naked, too. It's more than calories in and out, come on. Holistically (not just biology, or what you really meant to say, I believe, is physiology) it's multiple levels. I think 23 is also about stripping away to the basics, the bare bones. Emotionally, spiritually, etc too. What do others think?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it's drastic - 23 is to strip away and become naked, too. It's more than calories in and out, come on. Holistically (not just biology, or what you really meant to say, I believe, is physiology) it's multiple levels. I think 23 is also about stripping away to the basics, the bare bones. Emotionally, spiritually, etc too. What do others think?

if you are asking about losing weight from your body then yes calories in need to be less than calories out so i dunno what the 'come on' is about..you can fluff it out if you like but that wouldn't be very 23..maybe you want to avoid the facts , the actual work of eating less and exersizing more so are looking for a less demanding route to losing weight...maybe you want to flesh the issue out but i don't think the 23 bodes well for fleshing this issue out ....

You said your answer was 'obvious' well how is it obvious to you then...what answer do you actually want the Yi to be telling you.

Maybe you need to rephrase your question because 'whats the fastest way to lose weight' has only one answer doesn't it...eat less move more. I'd be fascinated to know if you think theres some really fast way of losing weight by not doing this and you did specify it had to be fast....fasting may be the fastest way of all

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I'd be fascinated to know if you think theres some really fast way of losing weight by not doing this and you did specify it had to be fast....fasting may be the fastest way of all

Surgery? Is Shefa thinking of having that surgery where they make the stomach smaller by stapling it?

The old ideogram for H23 shows a knife, which suggests cutting away or cutting through.

Karcher says: "Stripping describes your situation in terms of habits and ideas that are outmoded and worn out. The way to deal with it is to strip away what has become unusable. This brings renewal."

It also says: "Not advantageous to have a direction to go."

Seems to be saying Shefa's ideas about how to lose weight are outmoded and need to change. But it literally says to do nothing in terms of having a goal. Leads me to think there are many other issues here besides simply being overweight.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Surgery? Is Shefa thinking of having that surgery where they make the stomach smaller by stapling it?

The old ideogram for H23 shows a knife, which suggests cutting away or cutting through.

Karcher says: "Stripping describes your situation in terms of habits and ideas that are outmoded and worn out. The way to deal with it is to strip away what has become unusable. This brings renewal."

It also says: "Not advantageous to have a direction to go."

Seems to be saying Shefa's ideas about how to lose weight are outmoded and need to change. But it literally says to do nothing in terms of having a goal. Leads me to think there are many other issues here besides simply being overweight.

Why ? Maybe its a really simple answer. Don't forget the question isn't "please help me to understand the issues underlying my weight problem" the question is simply 'whats the fastest way for me to lose weight ?' and then 'how ?' Stomach stapling amounts to exactly the same end as reducing calories..it isn't a different method in the end. The stomach is smaller so can take less food so you get less calories. Not a desirable option in any case and it isn't cutting away the stomach only placing some kind of band or clip on it so it isn't the 'cutting away ' kind of surgery

As for stripping away what is unusable..well couldn't that simply be the fat ?

Anyway theres little input from Shefa about what she thinks the reading means and if its all psychological she'll be the one to know about it i guess.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I have read that when it comes to health issues, 23. is about releasing toxins. I have also read that people often mistake thirst for hunger and eat solid food when their body really is craving liquids. Perhaps drinking more water would be a good place to start.
-rosada

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Not thinking about surgery. Eat very healthy and organic, workout, etc. Need to do something different, yes. I have just started listening to a guided imagery recording for weight loss, that talks about relaxing, tuning into the body, and imagining the fat dissolving into liquid and being released. It helps change the internal image we hold of ourselves. Maybe this is the something new and letting go?

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
As for stripping away what is unusable..well couldn't that simply be the fat ?

There are too many unknowns in this situation for anyone to respond.

H23, stripping away, often refers to ending some relationship we're in, because the relationship is eating away at us. Many people overeat and gain weight because of emotional reasons. When a person is significantly overweight, it's usually the emotional issues that are the real block to progress.

But we don't know if Shefa is 10lbs overweight or 110 lbs overweight . . . There's too much unknown . . .

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Shefa
One way that we could be looking at body fat is that it is a layer of protection. It is protecting a place in the body where there is a weakness. So by stripping away the toxins/negativity in that area i.e making the area stronger and more self sufficient then there is less need for bodily protection.So you can then more easily shed a few pounds.

How do we make that area stronger?
Eating healthily, taking more exercise, relaxing, releasing stress, having counselling sessions to let a lot of the emotional baggage go or maybe even taking supplements to support the body during the transition. So in terms of what you are saying it can be seen about stripping away holistically on all sorts of levels
Of course there are severe medical conditions that make losing weight difficult but for the vast majority of people the secret to losing weight is that there is no secret.....it's all out there in the public domain.
The will power to make the necessary changes in our lives is the hardest thing to find sometimes.

Be Well
Mike

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
They say: "Diets don't work."

I think Shefa's approach of losing weight fast is what she needs to shed.

The more we try to lose weight, the more the body thinks it's starving; the more it holds onto the weight. Those who have dieted a lot end up the fattest. Medically speaking, doctors don't even recommend diets anymore, not for weight loss. A diet is now considered a good way to gain weight.

My physician says I need to exercise more, mainly in the form of walking.

Of course, it would all be much easier if we could simply restrict the calories we take in. But the body's own reaction to that is that it lowers our metabolism so that the net effect is we lose no weight.

In Weight Watchers and the best plans, the average person loses 7 pounds a year.

One sees advertisements for rapid weight loss, but almost invariably, the person gains it all back plus more pounds on top of what they were originally.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
In Weight Watchers and the best plans, the average person loses 7 pounds a year.
All this shows is how ineffective some of these "best" plans can be.

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe I should have asked, "what is the most direct route to loosing weight?" because that is what I meant by "fastest" I want the direct, the efficient, way for me. And yes, when I start a "diet" (and eat less than usual) I have gained weight. So no, it's not about calories in/calories out at all. It's about something else. The body does go into starvation and "holding" mode when there aren't enough calories coming in or too much being burned. About protection? Maybe, but I have worked on my energetic boundaries and they are solid so not sure I should need the physical boundary. But stripping away toxins and anything else I no longer need in my life does sound good. Silly but I'm organizing drawers and closets and I believe this is related. Releasing. And now I"m going to the gym.

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
** Karcher says: "Stripping describes your situation in terms of habits and ideas that are outmoded and worn out. The way to deal with it is to strip away what has become unusable. This brings renewal." **

I'm going to meditate on this because I think he's on to something, I just need to figure out how it relates to me specifically. It "feels" like it relates to my situation. I think the guided imagery will help.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Just an added thought. Earlier this year Rosada was thinking that H23 marks the limit of what one individual can do on his or her own. Would this point to some sort of group effort later on?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Stripping Away

Not thinking about surgery. Eat very healthy and organic, workout, etc.

I think this is a process of letting go of everything you think you know about the situation, including those things which you take as givens.

Just as an example, when I was much younger, brown rice was all the rage as a health food...but my experience 20 years later was that I really didn't like brown rice, and thus to make it palatable I would put too much fat with it, and overeat it....and anyway, eating anything that was mostly carbohydrates in large quantities was a bad idea for me.

For some people, tofu might be considered a healthy food, but for others it will not be useful to eat so much soy.

Some people need meat to stay healthy and many need only a little meat. There are very few absolutes other than adequate water and alkalizing foods like leafy green vegetables. And even quantities on these things are not fixed in stone.

Let it all fall away and try to hear your body more, and operate less on theory.

Tiger

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).