...life can be translucent

Menu

Could this work?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I have a friend who has a piece of property that has two houses on it, a front house and a back house. She is getting on in years and the responsibility of the upkeep and dealing with tenants is getting to be too much for her. She is considering dividing the property and selling the back house. I think this is a very doubtful proposition, mainly because the houses have a shared driveway. However I don't know all the ins and outs so I asked the i Ching a rather vague question, "Could what my friend has in mind work out?" I received 13.3 > 38.
I interpret 13.3 to mean selling the house would indeed be a good idea and 38 to mean that the new owner and the front house tenant could get along with the small matters sharing a driveway involves.
But I'm still very doubtful of the wisdom of this plan so I'm wondering if anyone has some insight they could share?
Thank you!
Rosada

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi Rosada :)

two-pence: if you got 13.3, it leads to 25 . . I usually get this line when I'm being unnecessarily suspicious . . not sure about your case though -hope things work out for your friend!!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for looking closely! I meant I got 14.3!

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Let the Prince Handle the Deal

Thanks for looking closely! I meant I got 14.3!
Well, you are correctly seeing the Obstructions to the deal, and the "little man" will harm himself trying to pull it off, but the Prince can do it.

I have seen such arrangements in rural areas, it is almost like the driveway is a private street, commonly owned by all the houses reached by it. Accordingly, the deeds need to be written up a certain way, with some covenants about how your friend continues to own the driveway, and the owner of the other house has rights of usage and pays for maintenance.

Yi says that he who possesses much has Great Success. And two houses is a Great Possession;). I would advise a good broker and a very solid real estate attorney. They will know how to structure it so it will work in your friend's favor and be legal and not troublesome.

Tiger

M

maremaria

"Could what my friend has in mind work out?" I received 14.3 > 38.
IRosada

Rosada, without knowing details, i think that reading says 'it depends". I guess on what your friend and/or the pontential buyer are going to give or give up.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all.
I do think it's funny how I "mistakenly" said I got 13.3, a line Rodaki notes he's found meant being unnecessarily suspicious cause that is probably exactly where I was coming from!
Thank you for your sharing your experience, Tiger. I am greatly relieved to know these situations are not all that uncommon and that there are already established ways of dealing with such arrangements.
Thank you Maremaria for noting that the I Ching really is saying "it depends." I think I expect the IC to give me an exact answer and think I'm missing something if I don't see that.
Thank you so much. I've been worried for my friend and you all have given me the greatest gift - peace of mind.
=rosada

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).