...life can be translucent

Menu

hex 34

la lala

visitor
Reaction score
i need some help with this answer. the question was about a 'partner' who's away until march. we're not in a conventional relationship, and so far I was satisfied with it ( we've been seeing each other for about 7 months), but now I've developed stronger and deeper feelings. The question was 'what happens when he comes back?' and I'm confused with the answer, precisely, with what should I do?
thnx for answering :)

crystalstar

visitor
Reaction score
Hi La lala,

Hexagram 34

is about correct action and not being pressured into making decisions that you are not ready to make. It is about examining your own motives in this situation and asking yourself why you want what you want and weather or not your desire for a changed siuation will be of benefit to all parties concerned.

It is important not to to forge ahead without proper consideration of the pros and cons of your situation and to consider what lays ahead for you if you pursue this relationship. Hexagram 34 is about self restraint, taking action or not as the case may be. It is about self realisation and self acutalisation. This is where the power comes from: Realising what is right for you and taking the right amount of time for this realisation to take effect. If it takes years then so be it. Whatever right action calls for is the correct move in this situation.

If your motives and actions are not correct - in line with the greatest good - then the power that Hex 34 speaks of is deminished. Hexagram 34 is about strength of character, integrity, uprightness and the ability to stand on firm soild ground.

It is not about if it feels right do it or pursuing a strong desire to forge ahead. It is about harnesing the power within and acting when you have absolutely no doubts that doing so is in your best interest AND the best interest of the other party. Hexagram 34 advises you not to be pressured by external influences and advises waiting for the right time - again, no matter how long this may be - years if neccessary. When the time is right - Great Power Hexagram 34 means confidence in right action and right action may mean waiting until you are absolutely sure of where you stand. Until such time no action is advised.

Great Power is effective when a person has the strength of to act or not take action - whatever the situation truely donates...

So in short - ask the questions that need to be asked - know what the consequences are for you and the other parties involved and move forward only when you are absolutely sure that pursuing this relationship further will strenghten and not weaken you. Be absolutely clear about the motivations for change...take your time...there is no rush...the tinest seed can become a a great flower.

Great Power is achieved only with correct action. Take all the time you need - no pressure...

Best wishes

Crystalstar

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
i need some help with this answer. the question was about a 'partner' who's away until march. we're not in a conventional relationship, and so far I was satisfied with it ( we've been seeing each other for about 7 months), but now I've developed stronger and deeper feelings. The question was 'what happens when he comes back?' and I'm confused with the answer, precisely, with what should I do?
thnx for answering :)

You should follow the advice in 34, which might be rendered as 'it's advantageous to do what you think is right'. I love the way your 'stronger and deeper feelings' about him is mirrored in the Great Power of 34. It's telling you what you already know, but I love it when it does that.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The general advice for 34 is, literally, don't be a butthead, don't be pushy or force things.
Be wise and circumspect, equilibrated. The difference between force and power is in the regard for the facts of the matter, like the timing of movement and the proper application of pressure. Force finds resistance, power finds a way around it. Power pauses, like the text says. Power is found in the center, in being centered like the hub of the wheel.

la lala

visitor
Reaction score
Hi again everyone. Thank you for posting. I have no news yet, though. I'm remaining patient until I really figure out what's the right thing to do. But it makes much more sense now, since I went through significant changes in the past month.
@dobro even if my opinion of what's right has changed in the meantime? The question referred to a precise moment of him coming back,and there are no changing lines so I suppose I should do what I feel in that moment, and this period was to help me see things more clearly.

C

chicken

"The general advice for 34 is, literally, don't be a butthead "

- I like this what you said about 34, and can empathise with it too.

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
My advice is that you read Bradford's post, above, very, very slowly.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
You're probably feeling a lot of extra vitality. Be careful not to speak too quickly or do anything rash.

All that energy needs an outlet. You might consider taking up a sport, if you don't already enjoy one.

There's such a danger, with hex 34 unchanging, that your vitality will just burst out at the wrong time and something regrettable will be said or done. That is why the text mentions 'correctness.'

It's truly difficult to be absolutely correct when you feel so full of beans. I guess that's why we have hex 34 -- to remind us that it can be done.

In other words, we can control ourselves, even when feeling thwarted or even when things are not moving quickly enough to suit us. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).