...life can be translucent

Menu

42.1.6 > 8 Is it a warning?

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
Hi hi

I asked "What is the situation between S and me?" and got 42.1.6 > 8
The exact same answer came for another question "What is the significance of S in my life?"
Changing line 6 warns of misfortune. Its not good at all. 8 however seems to suggest union. Any interpretations / views on how to read this?

Today I asked some questions (which i had asked on previous occasions as well)

(1) "Does S still love me?" Answer was 17 unchanging.
It means following where there is enthusiasm. S has not been replying for a long time now. I cannot see any enthusiasm. What do i make of this?
Some time ago, the answer to whether S loves me was 13 > 1; and then 1 on another occasion (albeit this answer i derived on a different site) ...

(2) "Should I give up on this relationship?" Answer was 30.1.2.4 > 18
Hexagram 30 line 2 speaks of supreme good fortune. Does it mean that it is good to give up or not? 18 on the other hand speaks of fixing the spoilt parts ..

(3) Following from the 2nd question, I asked "Are you teaching me to work on this relationship?" Answer was 17.4.5 > 24
The way i see it, it says good fortune if there is sincerity.

Overall, I need guidance on whether i should remain in this relationship and keep faith and hope.
Pls pls help me out on this.

(I have been consulting I Ching quite a lot of late ,, sometimes the readings come up to be different from the same scenarios i put forth a few days ago ,, might i be consulting just too much?)

Grateful for guidance, anj

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
Its me again - just thought of sharing the background - in case it should help in interpreting the situation.

I am in a long distance relationshp with S. It isn't going well because its been a long time since he replied. It really makes me wonder what is the status quo ..

I think i may have put him off by being too emotional and needy .. That was a time when i was more focused on my expectations of the relationship and silently blamed him for many things .. Also I tried hard to salvage the situation, maybe too hard ..

But more and more I realise that he is a very beautiful person

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Look to your other thread for answers to at least a few of your queries.

savage

visitor
Reaction score
Wow.. A lot of anxieity anlang. I think you are serching for what you want to find and not the real answer. The I Ching is a companion who already understands what paths you're faced with. You need to stop asking the I Ching for clarification in hopes of getting an answer you are hoping for.

Lets talk about your answers:

"What is the situation between S and me?" and got 42.1.6 > 8
Okay, lets see here. 42 is Increase. Basically means be more giving. Good Fortune to those who give good will. So you are the giver of the situation. He receives what ever he needs from you.
Changing Line 1(Something outside the situation entering into it): You are full of abilities use them the best you can. Sounds like you're good at something he likes and you are going to try and use that advantage, but then there is Line 6.
Changing Line 6 (Outcome of the situation or advise from an Old Sage): If you cannot live without plenty, your own fears will chase either the plenty or the joy, as long as you have it, and you will be unhappy when you don’t have it. The Sage has spoken. This is pretty clear and you seem to prove his point by all the clarification questions you asked. The advise is to find joy in other things then him. Don't live your life because of him. Live your life and find joy in it.

To answer your question: Yes, you'll have him, but try to find joy in yourself and the things that really matter.

Savage

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry to be the opposing view but I don't see "yes you'll have him" and the question was: "what is the situation?"

So often when the first and sixth lines are changing the situation has gone from A to Z.
42.1 is potentially nice but it exactly that: potential - something to work with - a blessing if you like
42.6 is a just rotten, the blessing has gone, there is thihking and acting out of self interest,lack of constancy or commitment.
8 is the context - the relation.

It seems the situation is that the relationship has probably had its day but who are the lines talking about? Possibly both of you in some ways? Maybe he's not as sweet as you think he is? While being "too needy" is also self interest no? Or maybe it is each in your own ways. It needn't be as melodramatic as it can sound in texts it could just be that the potential for love interest became, or is becoming: self-interest. Which is of course, totally inappropriate for union - 8.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I don't see anything too bright in the answer. I also think the comments on the other thread about asking anxiously the same questions are also very valid although as Gene said, we've all done it. Maybe it is good if you have a look at some of the materials on this site to explore your lines further and then mull over how YOU think it relates to your question.

Then maybe you can gently find another question such as "what is the way forward for me now" or whatever, but it is better not to ask the same questions or you will end up more and more confused.

Lucia

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked "What is the situation between S and me?" and got 42.1.6 > 8

Yes, it is a warning or could be taken as such, as it is advising you that if you want S back in the fold then you need to make it happen yourself, I told you this already in my other reply in your other thread, because if you don't act quickly then S will be taken by another, as he isn't going to stay single long.
And then comes Hex 8, if you don't act quickly then you will most certainly miss the plane, you will be left out in the cold so to speak.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).