...life can be translucent

Menu

The path diverges three ways

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Hi!

I've been on a bit of a rollercoaster the last year, and having made the decision to go back to study at university and being urged by the I ching to do that (thanks for your help willowfox and Schastlivchik) I'm stuck as to the right time to go back...

It's complicated issue do to living overseas and needing to be able to take an expensive flight back to my home country for a pre-acceptance interview/folio presentation (if I get that far), as well as finding money to do that, and if accepted I will start studying in a brand new city in Feb while my partner still stays on overseas for another few months.. Time will change the impact of these problems, and starting late next year or the year after removes these issues, but as I am not that far from reaching the age of last hope for children I feel I don't have time to squander.

It's a very delicate situation, and so I hope you will forgive me if you find this tedious.

There are three possible options, and I'm not sure which one would be the best path.. I'm hoping you can help.

What if I apply to start university in semester 1, 2011
55.1,3,4,6 > 23

A scary answer in my mind: that while the time in auspicious it won't last, and in fact I will be isolated (perhaps even unsuccessful), and any gains will only disappear.

What if I apply to start university in Semester 2, 2011?
38.1,6 .40
I thought this option was the most favourable, although it is yet to be confirmed by the university if they will even allow a mid year intake, as the opposition is able to be worked upon by time...and I found it amusing that perhaps others at the university (even the pre-admission interviewing lecturers) might see me as the pig covered in dirt, the unlikely prize. The final hexagram deliverance too, offers some hope I thought.

Finally What If I apply to start university in Semester 1, 2012?

Which do you think is the most favourable option?:confused:

Thank you x
S

D

diamanda

55.1,3,4,6 > 23
I'll agree with you, this doesn't sound good at all. You would have help from people,
but also some major misfortunes along the way, leading soon to 23, Splitting Apart,
which in my experience feels very bad indeed.

What if I apply to start university in Semester 2, 2011?
38.1,6 .40
The answer sounds to me like any opposition will end, and fast, and there will be
relief. It sounds to me like it also implies relationship problems, but those would end
soon and the matter would end well.

What If I apply to start university in Semester 1, 2012?
An open hungry mouth? Oh dear, this could have a thousand different meanings.
Seek nourishment... Perhaps at that time you'll need to work and wont' have the
resources for study? Not sure on this one.

Your other answer, 18:2 to 52, points to the fact that if you made a mistake in the
past, and want to correct it now, go about it gently, do not push ahead forcefully.
52, remain in your home and 'courtyard'. I don't think it's advisable to rush your
studies abruptly.

How best to prepare for your studies, 24.1 5 to 8, 24:1 "return from a short distance",
don't go too far, 24:5, again returning to 'examine yourself', and according to Wilhelm,
"make a noblehearted resolve to confess his fault". In both these lines there is "no
regret" - choose the path you know will not regret. 8 points to a heart-felt union.
Again, i'm not sure from this answer if you should go so far away so soon, or so far
away in general. 52, stay put, 24:1 and 24:5, return before going too far, i wonder if
there is an alternative for studies where you are located now?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
55.1,3,4,6 > 23

This is the one that I would select, look at line 55.1 "he meets with his destined ruler", your interview at the university, and "they can be together for 10 days, 2 years", so it is not a mistake to apply for that semester, as applying indicates acceptance.

Line 55.3 life at college is like this suddenly you are just part of the crowd, needing to run from class to class. Power of independence usurped.

Line 55.4 Life slowly gets easier.

Line 55.6 Yes indeed you will be isolated at university for a few years as it is something that you have chosen to do, partner may get a bit fed up at times with your absence but you will be master of your own destiny and some hardships are inevitable.

Hex 23 has two meanings here, once you are accepted and start, then it is down to you to just get on and study, and the other idea is that with this further education you are building a more solid base for your future employment prospects.

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,
Just thought I would let you know what happened. It's great news!

Thanks for your help Diamanda, I focussed on applying for semester 2, 2011 in a graphic design course ( see above: What if I apply to start university in Semester 2, 2011? 38.1,6 > 40)

I fully researched universities and found a brilliant uni with excellent international teaching results and industry connections that was very flexible with their course structure and application.

I just got accepted to study there!

I got an offer in the early round (well ahead of others!) and I only had to submit a personal account of why I wanted to study and my skills from work etc. No interview or portfolio presentation! And it is such a great course, it is almost a fairytale.

It's a great relief, and my partner is very pleased as well (he was worried I would be doing myself a disservice finacially and I would regret cutting short my time overseas if I went home early to organise the course - and indeed I didn't want to leave him for any length of time.)

Oh happy happy days!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).