...life can be translucent

Menu

Updates - and all the new hexagrams (e.g. hex 18s) and understanding

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
(1) Oracle the destiny between S and me?

Hexagram 18 unchanging

There is decay and rot. The source of it must be found for regeneration. It is imperative that this rot must be corrected.
Great care must be taken before and after the correction.

My conclusion here – there is decay that must be worked on.

(2) Please point me to the decay that I must work on?

Hexagram 21 unchanging

Bite through the obstacle with determination. The obstacle may be tenacious (as perceived by me perhaps).
The fear of biting through the obstacle might then be my fear of biting through itself.

My conclusion here – Either the I Ching is encouraging me to work on the decay. Or it is pointing that my fear of biting through the decay is itself the decay.

(3) Is it correct to understand that obstacles must be cleared if S and I should come together?

Hexagram 18.2 > 52

18.2 – There is corruption. It is the mother’s pestilence. I must put myself in the situation to find and articulate the obstacles and from there find the way.

I note that hexagram 18 also recalls the death of illness of the parent.
I find it pertinent to my situation as the degeneration of our relationship started at the point S’ mother fell gravely ill.

My conclusion here - Perhaps then that the I Ching is giving me a hint as to the point at which to start.

(4) (Based on a letter I have drafted to S) Will I fix the decay with this latest letter that I’ve drafted?

Hexagram 14.2.3.6 > 51

14.2 suggests the letter will not be a mistake.
14.6 suggests that there is a greater force helping.

14.3 however says that small people are not in the position to make the offering. It is a mess of the heirachy and sequence.
It correlates with hexagram 38.3 - here, again, the position is wrong. It will be disadvantageous in the beginning, it will have an advantageous end.

The resulting hexagram is 51 – here, there is something of a huge vibration. Ordinarily, nobody is prepared with a huge vibration. But as it is inevitable, the I Ching advises one to learn to maintain calm nevertheless.

My conclusion here – Yes I will fix the decay by this way. Learn to cultivate calmness in the upheaval that will come.

(5) I am confused – can I take time on this?

Hexagram 2.2.4 > 40

2.2 says that The path is the correct one.

2.4 advises to tighten the pockets/pouch. It is not worthy of praise, but it avoids disaster. Perhaps it encourages caution so as to prevent disaster.

My conclusion here – Exercising caution is good.

(6) How is he feeling now in relation to this relationship?

Hexagram 61.1.2.5.6 > 2

The first thing that strikes me is that there are 4 changing lines. So the resulting 2 is the state of things that is quickly coming into place.

Hexagram 2 is the supporting cast – not the main leader – the lead actor is hexagram 1. 2 is also earth, the earth is the basis upon which all things grow, hence the idea of fertility. 2 is also receptivity.

Now to the changing lines

61.1 says that the official’s has faith and it has not changed from the beginning to end.
61.2 gives the idea of sharing. The white crane and the little crane both harmoniously sing that there is wine and they would like to share it with the other. The wish is true.
61.5 suggests that the position is suitable and correct.
61.6 The birds are chirping so loudly the noise reaches the heavens. There is danger. How can this situation last for long?

My conclusion here – He is receptive. His receptivity will not last for long.

I asked these questions over a period of time. Didn't rush into them.

What do you think of my understanding here. In interpreting, I used mostly a chinese I Ching book which sets out the 象传 (xiang zhuan) and interpretations of it.

A little more context and background is that I met S more than a year ago overseas. We fell in love. Its a long distance relationship. He is in a country that is very backward, it is even hard to get onto internet. Because of his work, he is also completely out of network (phone and email) for a stretch of time.

The relaitonship has degenerated since the time his mom fell gravely ill - i did not receive emails and calls from him and panicked. I allowed my mind to take over - there was fear of losing him, my mind also entertained many horrible scenarios - needless to say, the actions (translated from this undisciplined mind) are possessory.

Fast forward to today - he has not contacted me for a long while. I still send him weekly emails.

I would be grateful if anybody can comment on the situation / my interpretation of the situation. Especially willowfox, gene, answeredquestions and lucia - all of those who spent time helping me the last time.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
(1) Oracle the destiny between S and me?

Hexagram 18 unchanging

Yes obviously the situation has gone down hill quite dramatically but all is not lost, and it would be most beneficial for you to pay him a visit. You really need to be "there".

(2) Please point me to the decay that I must work on?

Hexagram 21 unchanging

The decay is obviously to do with you lack of presence, it is your absence that is probably making him feel not only despondent but that you are never going back.

(3) Is it correct to understand that obstacles must be cleared if S and I should come together?

Hexagram 18.2 > 52

The only obstacle that I can see is you are separated physically by being in two different countries.

(4) (Based on a letter I have drafted to S) Will I fix the decay with this latest letter that I’ve drafted?

Hexagram 14.2.3.6 > 51

Lets say it will help, but he needs more than just words.

(5) I am confused – can I take time on this?

Hexagram 2.2.4 > 40

The rate of decay is something slow and sometimes fast, what do you think? Look back at Hex 18.

(6) How is he feeling now in relation to this relationship?

Hexagram 61.1.2.5.6 > 2

I think he must be waiting to hear something positive from you.

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
Willowfox, you are really quick - I appreciate it a lot!!
I am real scared about going there to meet him
First, i email him weekly, but he hasn't replied. I am even in doubt whether he checks the mails. If he does, his non reply is also a big discouragement to me :(
Second, i am worried that me going all the way there, and then he is off on another job (which means it will take him ages to return to the capital)

Do you reckon i should ask the i ching on this ?

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
Another thing, when it first degenerated - i did write to him to ask him what he thought if i should go over and find a job - i think he was quite shocked (although i really cannot confirm anything), probably went into his cave then ...

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes, sure, go ahead and ask questions but try to be specific and don't ask too many.

Anyway, when someone sees no future in the relationship, then they usually just give up trying.

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
I asked

"I go to Nepal to see him - what do you think?"

Hexagram 55.1.4 > 15

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked

"I go to Nepal to see him - what do you think?"

Hexagram 55.1.4 > 15

I understand now.

Anyway, line 55.1, which I have just dealt with in another reading, and line 55.4 both indicate a yes but plan well.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).