...life can be translucent

Menu

This one gives me heebeegeebees

pagan

visitor
Reaction score
My morning ritual, I threw a ching for the day in general. I got hexagram 62 lines 3,4. 62.3 warns about "someone sneaking up behind them and striking them". Wilhelm. Unfortunately I can't download his commentary from my head, it is in there permanently.

In the tarot reading I had today there was a queen of swords reversed. I was doing an astrological reading, so it was in the 9th house of the reading.

I have been having some serious medical problems lately and medicines that my Doctor gives me doesn't affect the problem at all. There is a much bigger than average chance of me dying soon.

Tonight a young lady dropped in unexpectedly
to ask me to read her cards for her.

After I did, she asked me if she could do Reiki to see if she could help me heal this disease from an 'energy' level.

She had me sit on the edge of my bed and she sat right behind me. I felt the power and intensity of her healing hands and was amazed. I felt the area of disease become extremely hot and I felt her drawing the illness out of me and sending it to 'ground'. This was real physical sensation like I have rarely experienced.

All of the sudden I thought about hexagram 62 line 3, someone sneaking up behind my back and 'striking me'.

Mind you there were moments during this Reiki session where I was absolutely sure she would/could/might heal me.

I had to wonder if this young lady Reiki healer was someone sneaking up behind me and striking me.

Maybe she had ulterior motives or witchcraft or who knows what, I never would have suspected it or went there in my mind. It bothers me to think negative thoughts like that. Especially because its all 'unverifiable' in the end.

Its when the imagery of the oracle's answer matches too closely to the setting of my question. Then sometimes I get the heebeegeebees.

C

candid

Pagan,

Possibly "the strike" may have been the surprise of this person's assertiveness. Line 4 speaks of belief, changing the form brings good fortune. Yielding to this treatment could have been a result of lowering your wings, whereas your pride or disbelief might have otherwise stood in the way.

Stay positive and hopeful. When dealing with severe disease, there is no better medicine.

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Pagan,

You said,

"In the tarot reading I had today there was a queen of swords reversed. I was doing an astrological reading, so it was in the 9th house of the reading."

Is it possible that the Queen of Swords reversed is you? Slightly cynical? A little cold?

Could the 9th House be a reference to your belief and your faith?

Maybe now is the time to be open to the truth of what happened? You consulted an ancient Chinese oracle and the judgement exactly matched your subsequent experience.

Fantastic!

Best wishes for a perfect healing,

Mick

pagan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
All possibilities have to be considered when you do any reading, as to what the symbols are pointing to. Oracles are not hard science and they tend to bias perception.

Its a paradox because on the one hand, learning archetypes really 'hones in' your perception and refines it, but at the same time, it jaundices it and biases it.

Four inner planets are progressed to my midheaven in my astrology chart in 2007, while transiting pluto is also there. A professional astrologer told me that I would become famous that year. I'll be sure to remember all of you peons in 2007 when I am in the height of success and glory.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for the supreme good fortune that I was promised 30 years ago by the IC. It turns out my personal interpretation of 'supreme good fortune' was way the hell more grandiose than any thing the sage had in mind. Sometimes in my tarot reading I get the 9 cups and wait all day for my 'wish to come true' and it never has.
P.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Pagan

We might have a case here of reading the oracles a little too literally. The essence of line 3 is that we "pay attention to small and insignificant things." As such, the striking may not be so negative at all. When this line changes we get hexagram 16 which speaks of "installing helpers." There was another line received too, number 4, right? Number 4 is basically a warning against action. When it changes, we have hexagram 15, modesty. And when these two lines change, we have hexagram 2, which teaches us basically to be receptive to whatever happens. The third line is correct and has correspondence with the sixth line, which does give it some positive influence. The problem with the two lines is that they are excessive. Change that and one becomes receptive. Perhaps it might be well to be more receptive to the treatment, rather than suspect it?

Gene

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
...and as I've been told, when giving a Reiki treatment, the person doing the treatment can feel as if the energy strikes them (???) before it goes to ground... ?

Rinda

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Perhaps, Pagan, this is a case in which (as you suggested in another thread) the lines indeed don't make too much sense. But the receptivity of hexagram 2 in the background seems to be very appropriate here.
It might be - just a guess - that 62 describes your medical problem. Bones - inflammation - like arthritis?

Anyway, I hope that the treatment helped and wish you all the best.

jte

visitor
Reaction score
I've had plenty of experiences where the metaphor of the line shows up in an odd yet direct way like this. For example, I asked about becoming a vegetarian and got 44.4 - "no fish in the tank... leads to evil". In my case, I eat salmon about twice a week - since salmon helps protect you against heart attacks, removing it from my diet would actually put me at greater risk of heart disease.

So, you shouldn't be surprised to see it. In your case though, the question really is what about that highly negative 62.3 auspice. I wish I had a good answer as to whether you should be worried about it or not in this particular case, but I don't. It *might* be there simply because you're already sick and the Reiki could help or have no effect. Or, *maybe* it's a warning that the Reiki might make things worse.

I honestly don't know, but I'd say generally that it's a good idea to keep that concluding auspice from a line in mind. 62.3 suggests the need for vigilance and caution, so I'd say keep that in mind.

Again, wish I could be more helpful than this, but I just don't have a "for sure" answer.

- Jeff

pagan

visitor
Reaction score
Update:
Last night I had a knock at the door and this same woman came over with a man who is another Reiki Healer. They both worked on me together and I was actually blown away at what happened to me at some very deep levels. I was shocked that this man was feeling and hearing what I was going through even though no communication was taking place between us on a verbal level. Hard to describe it.

One of the things that happened during the session was a voice within me said "if you don't have this problem, then what?" and I can't explain why, but I realized that I really felt deeply that I need this problem to distract me from my life right now. And it didn't get resolved within the session. It just knocked my socks off that the man said what he was 'picking up on' and it was like he had read my mind. Whew!

At one point in the session, I heard a voice inside say "there is danger here!" indicating a place on my body that I was really feeling intensely at the moment. Just then the man drew his hand away from the area, as though it had been stung, and I knew he had just experienced the same thing I had.

He said he would be back over to work on me some more and didn't want any payment for it. I feel blessed by God.

This morning I woke up feeling so much better that at first I forgot that I was even sick.
All I can keep saying right now is WOW.
Susan

archie

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Pagan,

I am a Reiki master/healer myself and want to give you some food for thought regarding your experience. One of the highest levels that can be attained by a Reiki helaer are similar to what you have mentioned - when he/she knows and can diagnose whats wrong without the patient/you actually telling them. This is then cross checked with the individual to confirm if the healer is on track.

The energy blocks or releases are sensed by the healer much in the manner as you have experienced and described. Many a times this can happen without the person being healed knowing that. In your case you seem to be in tune with the healer which is good and can help remove blocks.

Regarding the realisation that your current problem is distracting you - it would be worthwhile to probe further within. To explore possibilities of anything that you are shying away from.. is this the real thing or are you using this as a cover up for something that is yet not known or confronted?

You see, Reiki believes in and operates according to the maxim that all physical manifestations of disease have a mental root cause. Healing therefore takes place on 3 levels - physical, emotional and mental.

I have tried using the IChing and Reiki together -Iching tells me whats happening and then I channel Reiki energy to try and bring about positive effects..

Hope I have made sense.

Wish you a speedy healing and recovery
Archana

pagan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Archana,
Thank you so much for your post. Today I had a powerful release. A co worker called me up and told me what my condition pointed to in her Louise Hay book called YOU CAN HEAL YOUR BODY. It said the cause of my condition was "using sugar to replace my need for real love."

What I think is so powerful about that is during my meditation a few days ago, right after the last session, I heard a voice within say "stop feeding the disease--stop eating sugar".

I have been living like a hermit lately and I know I am starving for love from others and to be touched. I medicate this with sugar and drugs that in turn, make me isolate even more.

Another image that came in really strong was hexagram 50 line 1; dumping out the stagnant past and providing a clean fresh vessel to be filled up with love. I have been using that as a meditation.

I find the IC much more useful to me as a book of wisdom rather than an oracle. When I use it as an oracle, I get cramped by the limitation of its inadequate apprisal of my situation. Then I get in a real mind f___ trying to figure out what it means and what I should do based on the reading that can always be interpreted a hundred different ways.

I have finally given up my addiction to knowing the future, and am now spending every cognizant moment trying to infuse the here and now with as much love as possible. I think if we do this we heal our lives from the core and create an unbeatable future that we can really count on.

archie

visitor
Reaction score
Well said Pagan. Living in the 'here and the now' automatically has an impact on the future! You know the 5 (main) Reiki principles all begin with 'Just for today...' meaning that if we are able to live guided by them even today/for a day its an achievement.

Fyi they say : Just for today I will live in gratitude (count your blessings as we say); ... love and respect everybody; .... do my work sincerely... (for me this includes the daily chores as well which then becomes a kind of a meditation and destressing factor); .... I will not worry and .... will not anger (most difficult!!).

The future as I understand it depends entirely on what one does today, and we are often worried thinking about what we dont want to happen. We keep looking for reassurance and in the bargain go from one person/way to another. This not only wastes our precious time but also delays the action that may bring about a positive result and is perhaps 'the' deciding factor.

Louise Hay's book is amazing and contains several easy to follow exercises. Try it yourself )::

All the best once again
Archana

pagan

visitor
Reaction score
I am discovering that what the yogi masters say is true, that the mind cannot be satisfied with anything in this world. But if you lead the mind to God, the mind will find its total fulfillment immersed in that love. I find that I don't want to come out of meditation anymore. I just want to linger there in that state of absolute bliss. After that, the world is wearisome to me. It is now for me to establish this supreme bliss while working and living an ordinary life. Here goes...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).