...life can be translucent

Menu

"How can I improve my life?"

teal

visitor
Reaction score
9 unchanging.

Is that a relevant answer, or what? Just from what I've briefly learned about hex 9, I'm amazed at how valid a result that is. But, it looks like it's saying the diligent but mundane efforts will take a lot of time to make a difference. I wish I could improve my life faster.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Don't be so sure!
You might start feeling better right away even if you don't see the difference immediately. Like starting an exercise program - you feel better right immediately but it may be a month or two before you have biceps!

-rosada

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
- you feel better right immediately but it may be a month or two before you have biceps!

I really don't think that men find women with big biceps attractive but I could be wrong, as they may suit you.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
9 unchanging.

Is that a relevant answer, or what? Just from what I've briefly learned about hex 9, I'm amazed at how valid a result that is. But, it looks like it's saying the diligent but mundane efforts will take a lot of time to make a difference. I wish I could improve my life faster.

At the moment you are stuck, so don't try to force anything to happen, its a time of planting your seeds for future prosperity and whatever you are after. This one warns you that there are no short cuts at least for a while longer.

The time now is like one of those old steam locomotives, slowly, slowly gathering speed before hitting top speed.

ace

visitor
Reaction score
LOL ... love the bicep talk ... lol. Had to re-read the question, though ... lol.

Biceps ... if you want them, then go to the gym and put in the day by day time. This is the "9" way.

WF's planting seeds makes lots of sense to me. Love the "9" images of the garden and the old steam locomotive. Can't make them go faster than they are meant to.

And being content with a small garden or small effects. Out of a small and well tended garden can come a grand meal, but it all started with gently planted seeds, carefully nurtured garden, which slowly grows.

Improving your life might be not planning the big coup d'etat seductions of your ex to get him back or create chaos in your ex's family by seducing his brother ... perhaps when you go to get your furniture be friendly and interested in his life, tend to the small details of friendships, plant the "pleasant" seeds of friendship/relationship, and you may be gently surprised at what grows over time.

teal

visitor
Reaction score
ace: I was not thinking about my ex boyfriend when I asked this question. I was thinking about my future: career, money, meeting new people, relocating, etc. Even if he wanted me back, and it sounds like he definitely does not, I don't really want to get back together with him. I'm just not fully over him, that's all. But I am so glad that I consulted the I-Ching and got some of you helpful people to talk me out of it, before any of it happened. It's like I wanted permission to do something I already suspected was a bad idea. These embarrassing seductions only happened in my mind, thank goodness!

This is more about doing positive things for my own life, because I want to make major changes and improvements. But it looks like I need to start with small changes and improvements. I've been "stuck" for a while now...

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
You know that you have various "things" holding you back from making any significant changes and its obviously going to take time to deal with them all. Therefore stop looking inwards and start looking outwards, aim for the horizon and not keep looking back at Mr.Ex as you need to be alone to deal with your own problems now, concentrate on where you should be headed, not where you have been.

Nostalgia is fun on a hot lazy summer's day but now its the winter of your discontent.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Teal -
Although "refining the expression of [your] nature in small ways" as hex.9 recommends may "produce no great effect in the outer world," still the I Ching says this is what will work for you to improve your life. So don't stress that improvement will therefore take a long time. Hex.9 doesn't tell us how long it will take before you actually feel an improvement - it could be instantly! - it just tells us that you don't need to try to change the world.

As you get into this approach of looking at your life and asking yourself, "Well what could I do to make things just a little bit nicer?" you'll find your brain starts rearranging your inner filing system and pretty soon even the big stuff you need to do is presented to you in small easy steps.
I think of the expression, "Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's all small stuff."

Beyond that I have just one word of advice for you :
Mascara.

Best wishes,
rosada

Last edited:

ace

visitor
Reaction score
Ah ... gotcha. Well, glad we were useful, in some little way. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).