...life can be translucent

Menu

Upgrade issues

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Since there seem to be some - and Kevin says he can't start a new thread.

I haven't had any trouble with the new board yet. (I wonder whether it works better in Mozilla than Internet Explorer?) So anyone who is having problems, please describe them in as much detail as possible: what operating system and browser you're using, what you do, and exactly what you see. Then I can get the nice people at Discus to fix them.

C

candid

Oh..

Preview window is VERY large, clipping the bottom off of the page, not allowing a second edit preview. Have to use back button to go to original page and edit there.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks.
Anyone else have this problem?
[editing...]
Ah yes - me, when I use Internet Explorer. Right. Email to Discus on its way.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, let me try...

<center><font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Can you see this?</font></font></center>

Yes I can... It seems to be working OK, at least from this Mac Powerbook using Safari.

Let me try using Firefox...

L

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
<center><font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">This from Firefox</font></font></center>

L

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
<center><font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">This from IE for Mac</font></font></center>

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'll try tomorrow from my office PC (not Mac)

Cheers.

L

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I think you can post from any browser. The fun comes when you try to revise a message on the preview screen. Firefox - no problem. IE (Win XP) - bottom of page clipped off, like Candid said.

Probably Kevin from Discus will get onto it tomorrow.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
One more reason to throw IE Explorer out of the proverbial Windows....
biggrin.gif
They want to be so "Microsoft" that their browser ignores a lot of tags and formatting that are widely accepted by Web Publishing standards and other browsers use regularly. Well, let's see what the promised Version 7 of IE brings. I'm not holding my breath though.

IMHO, people should be migrating to Firefox in troves...

L

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
How odd I posted earlier... its not here.

I have been able to start a new thread now.

And I am now getting the full screen for preview some of the time... The bottom gets chopped off from time to time.

My settings and software are the same as Candid's.

Luis - I tried Firefox - Much more facility than IE (and I dislike Microsoft with a vengence).

But it took ages to open on my machine (as oppose to IE's instant openning) and my internet banks would not work with it... So saddly I returned to IE...

--kevin

H

hmesker

I always wondered why Bill named his company after his genitals.

micro soft.

HM

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I always wondered why Bill named his company after his genitals. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Lapsus linguae...

By the time he realized it, it was already at the Copyright Office (and all his friends giggling behind his back...)

biggrin.gif

L

C

candid

Never understood why ole Bill drew so much fire. Yeah, he grabbed what was unprotected and put his brand on it. Most of it was thrown into his lap, until they realized what they gave away and who they gave it to. Sure he builds everything to be compatible with his own wares. Sounds like smart business to me. Not good for Xerox though.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps because with all the power, money and name recognition he's gathered over, what?, 30 years already?, his company could do a better job at getting it right, once and for all, specially now that he's got the market by the cojones (uh, Hilary, the Spanish profanity filter is off... Weeeeee!!
happy.gif
)

Besides, it is the sport of the people at the bottom to make fun of those at the top. Furthermore, weren't we talking about his genitals?
biggrin.gif

L

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Kevin-of-Discus says he has tweaked things, and the whole preview page loads OK for me now in IE. Candid, what about you?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, thank you for the 3003 posts!
zen2.gif

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail: