...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 50.2 > 56

bruce

visitor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going to begin with practising scrying very soon. To those of you that don't know what scrying is, let me explain.
Scrying is basically traveling to the astral realms. Usually this is done through crystall balls or black mirros, but can also be done in meditation(shamanic journeys). What you do is, you hold an image or a symbol in your mind and then travel through the door of that image in the astral realm and see what that symbol/image is all about. So for example if you want to get to know hexagram 19 better, you travel with that symbol in the astral realms and get to know it more.

Anyways, my question to the iching was: What are the prospects if I begin practising scrying? and I got hex 50.2>56 as answer.

I lol'd when I read hex 56 which means traveling/foreign countries, that's basically what scrying is all about. But I have a question on the second line. How can this line express itself, I mean it says that your friends may even envy you and such, but can It also mean other groups/people aswell? are my friends seriously going to envy me? They also practise these types of things, but not scrying.Can it mean that other spirits in those realms will confront me?

So what say you?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

simon ian

visitor
Reaction score
Im still using Legge, sorry :)

This hex is primarily how the traveller must comport himself, so its very apt.

The second line divided, shows the stranger, occupying his lodging house, carrying with him his means of livelihood, and provided with good and trusty servants.

When you are there, its important you are firm and correct.

The auspices are excellent, I would say. The second line seems balanced, and of good omen.

Think about the "places" you may go to, and be honest, open, and seek balance while you are "there".
Your lodging house is your spirit, your means of livlihood, your good and innate qualities, and those things that you seek. Good and trusty servants, is your experience and knowledge.

bruce

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Simon Jan! That's basically what I thought.

Cutiecat- haha;)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Like Carnac the Magnificent I first came up with the answer and then looked at the question. 50.2 > 56? That's a cooking pot and a traveler. Camping equipment!

And the question is: "What are the prospects if I begin practising scrying?" When you go prospecting in mystic realms you'll need the proper food for the soul (yours) and for the spirits you find there, an offering to loosen their tongues.

There is food in the ting.
My comrades are envious,
But they cannot harm me.
Good fortune.

Actually, if they aren't fed, the folks you might meet in gui3 fang1 鬼方 (63.3) can be downright voracious.

Hexagram 56 is Li (hole/eye) over Ken (stone) -- scrying stone. In Scotland they used a stone with a naturally occurring hole in it. You might find one on your walks -- or already have it.

Last edited:

bruce

visitor
Reaction score
Pocossin- thx for your reply, very interesting abou the offering part. I'm gonna se a black mirror as scrying device. Firstly I want to achieve actually seeing something before I can scry symbols/evoking elementals and such.I guess thats what the final outcome 56 is saying, that I need a destination to go to and not wander around.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The prospects look good if you learn how to concentrate, and that is the difficult part, keeping your mind on the job at hand so to speak plus be aware that you will be entering unknown territory where one needs to be cautious and careful as not to be mislead by illusions.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).