...life can be translucent

Menu

Stock Market Speculations

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
Here is one more thing that is on my mind.
I was trained by one of my ex'es in the stock market trading,
specifically options trading.
it was his job and I was an apprentice type of thing.

My theoretical knowledge is still there, as usual, I'm quite fearful
and not sure I'll have any success with it.

Yi advised me with 21, lines 3 and 5 changing to 13. The question was what is your best advice about trading.

I wish there would be 14 somewhere in the picture :),
but there is none.

I always had trouble with 21, problem solving I guess?
Could it be that the advice here is to kinda forget about the idea,
it's too risky and dangerous, and go play with other kids in the yard?

Thanks.

-CC

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It sort of suggests that the beginning will be rather trial and error so you can expect some losses but later on, obviously with practice, intuition and maybe the use of the I Ching you could be quite successful providing you are very careful and not over gamble.

There are people who use the I Ching for their financial decision making.

I used to like playing the horses years ago, and could usually pick the winner of a race right off.

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
Ha

WF what an interesting advice. I did not see it that encouraging at all.
I hope than I'll be able to do some mitzva and host the website ;)
So far my intuition seems to be concentrated around people's emotions.
Stock market is ruled by emotions, may be I really should use
this theoretical knowledge that I've got?

WF you are amazing as usual

Could you please tell me what 13 may mean in this combination?

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Could you please tell me what 13 may mean in this combination?

It could indicate a few things, but things that spring to mind, are that you play the foreign markets as well, and also be extremely selective in what you plan to go after, work at it and success can certainly be yours.

I have never played the market as I don't know anyone who do the "brokering" for me.

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
online discount brokerages. somewhere offshore
private brokers are more expensive

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
The stock market is like any business and requires depth of knowledge and the exercise of intelligence over a long time to realise significant gains. The term "playing" the stock market is a joke, and unless you've got money to throw away, not a good way to look at investment. To give market advice based on emotion is a sure way to lose your shirt, and everyone else's. My nearest and dearest is an investment broker and the rational sense and years of study and background he brings to bear on his advice is formidable. Of course, if he were just toying and playing, he'd have no reputation to speak of and probably lose his license -- a special brand of business karma. In short, there's no point in employing a reputable broker and then asking the IChing what to buy.

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
Yep Arabella agreed.
Playing is not a good word it is a matter of skill, knowledge intuition luck and time.
Emotions are known to rule the market - fear and greed, or so as he told me like 10 years ago

-CC

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
The best in the markets, however, have no stake in fear and greed, they merely understand where the money is likely to go according to economic trends and participate in leading it there. I suppose you have to decide, in relation to money in your life, whether you have the capability to participate at a leadership level in productive investment, or if your motivation is merely to join in on the fear and greed element and be as lost as those people are. A part of the market may be dictated by fear and greed -- the lower echelon of participation that has been making headlines in relation to unscrupulous banking for instance. Others have a more moral approach and statesmanlike attitude toward world investment. Apparently your friend was of the former type. I don't know that the Yi has a hexagram for fear and greed, so maybe won't help you there.

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
Nope, again very presumptious of you to talk about my ex that way. He was and still is a extraodinary successful guy who retired at 33, the bastard because of his skill and intuition. And his guts that I do no seem to have. He was doing options exclusively and they provide high leverage.
Why are trying to insult me personally in any way in every post? Again you know nothing about a person and you assume things.

-CC

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
You said his opinion was that the markets run on fear and greed. That isn't my experience. And, there is nothing in particular about retiring at age 33 that gives a person the qualities as an ethical businessman that I am talking about, so I don't understand this as a retraction of the way you characterised him initially.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).