...life can be translucent

Menu

The Big Day, er, Night

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
And so the big date transpired, dinner, show, coffee after. It had many interesting and entertaining moments and we are so much alike, share so many tastes and opinions, the territory was new but still fairly familiar in some respects. In short, I like him as much as I thought I did. How did he fare? Quien sabe, but he seemed happy enough, said he enjoyed his evening tremendously, yet still in a sense noncommittal about it all [just a feeling I had that nothing further was planned] and a bit preoccupied by phone messages about a tricky birth in progress in his family -- which anyone can understand of course.

OK, asking the Yi, what was the import of the evening for the future? Hex 30.2 becoming Hex 14. I take this changing line as a "spark" and a new beginning, something that, despite nervous moments, still came through loud and clear as a connection. Hex 14 -- we have a huge amount in common, more than I had thought, and a lot of the same values. BUT, what does it mean for the future? Psychic personnages, unless you are WF, butt out.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
one of the best lines in yi. go ahead blindly, no worries

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Wow. Short and sweet Gato. Interestingly, I don't recall EVER having gotten this line before, which struck me right away. It seemed reserved for this occasion. Yet, to be honest, I have a hard time putting my skepticism to the side. I'll have to practice.

It's a beautiful image, no doubt, for Hex 30.2: the image of total clarity, golden light. Hex 30 in general is nearly inscrutable to me and I've heard such diverse readings, from elements, personalities consuming one another to the spark of life and creativity, to someone who "feeds" on someone else as a parasite! So thank heaven I've just got the one line this time, and it seems to be entirely clear of other ramifications than something positive and uplifting.

Hex 14 is in my experience representative of bounty and tremendous resources, something for everyone in the situation, which would be optimal. Of course I avoid asking how he felt about the evening, having agreed with la gente here that Yi wouldn't/couldn't know that from a casting that I do. Instead, I've enquired about the future. And I imagine Hex 14 bodes well for all concerned, in fact, that the future has miraculously good aspects?

gato

visitor
Reaction score
asking how he felt about the evening,
I've enquired about the future.
Hex 14 is in my experience representative of bounty and tremendous resources, something for everyone in the situation, which would be optimal. Of course I avoid asking how he felt about the evening, having agreed with la gente here that Yi wouldn't/couldn't know that from a casting that I do. Instead, I've enquired about the future. And I imagine Hex 14 bodes well for all concerned, in fact, that the future has miraculously good aspects?
- worries

you will find no answer in the mind , only more questions ...so stop asking and keep going

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think of 30.2 as the opposite of 30.4, the flash-in-the-pan line. 30.2 is a steady light that lasts and lasts. And I think -- you didn't say this, of course, but if you have any feeling of "where were the swooning violins and declarations of undying love," anything like that -- 30.2 is really the opposite of that but in the best, best possible way. It isn't flashy; it's steady and true and deep.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I think of 30.2 as the opposite of 30.4, the flash-in-the-pan line. 30.2 is a steady light that lasts and lasts. And I think -- you didn't say this, of course, but if you have any feeling of "where were the swooning violins and declarations of undying love," anything like that -- 30.2 is really the opposite of that but in the best, best possible way. It isn't flashy; it's steady and true and deep.

This is exactly it. With nothing overtly romantic, which is what most everybody would try on, I was left wondering a bit -- was he disappointed and that's all there is? And yet, it was a lovely evening and everything turned out well. Just nothing dramatic and no specific plan to do anything else. I have a feeling this is who this man is. It's not a big show, it's just real, bedrock, what you see is what you get and truly genuine.

And somewhere the instinct comes through, as Gato says, not to overthink the situation, not to second guess -- just GO. The reading seems to be really reflective and dead-on, doesn't it? Now I just have to convince ME to trust and keep going after having given up on this a month or so ago.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Gato, I just read what you said again -- to go BLINDLY -- is that from somewhere in particular, or your description? Interesting that you specify not looking further, blind trust.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
OK, asking the Yi, what was the import of the evening for the future? Hex 30.2 becoming Hex 14.

Line 30.2 has given a new balance to the relationship, a new stableness, more clarity, so you should be able to see that much more clearly now where you are headed. In fact it has nothing to do with blindly going ahead, as there should be good clarity now, lighting the path ahead for all concerned.

Hex 14 is about wealth, wealth in terms of feelings that make you feel rich beyond measure. Some people feel happy when they have loads of money, and some people feel happy with being loved, remember the song, "Love is all you need".

So it indicates a new openness between you, more cooperation, a new understanding.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Line 30.2 has given a new balance to the relationship, a new stableness, more clarity, so you should be able to see that much more clearly now where you are headed. In fact it has nothing to do with blindly going ahead, as there should be good clarity now, lighting the path ahead for all concerned.

Hex 14 is about wealth, wealth in terms of feelings that make you feel rich beyond measure. Some people feel happy when they have loads of money, and some people feel happy with being loved, remember the song, "Love is all you need".

So it indicates a new openness between you, more cooperation, a new understanding.

OK. So if I'm putting these two together, do I view it as a time continuum. For instance, I see the path now and it's toward Hex 14? Do I go ahead? Because, frankly, I'm just about as confused as ever in most ways and just hoping for the best. So, is this on the order of "Great, if that's what makes you happy?" Because Knot nailed the feeling i have -- nothing dramatic changed, except that we went out, had a good time, end of story. And I don't want to take too much from it -- and then again.....

To be explicit, sometimes I have the feeling this is forever friends. And I think I've made it clear -- that's not good enough. If we have moved past that, there's been no indication, no writing on the wall. So I'm still deciding -- is this enough.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Is this sneaky, or what? I think I've crossed over to the dark side. I asked the Yi, "How do I find out what he is feeling now?" Thought I'd get around asking his feelings and ask how I'd discover them.

Reply: Hex 28.2 becoming Hex 31. So here we have an older man who is establishing a relationship with somebody younger? Sounds ok. Eight years older to be precise.

But Hex 31, hmmm... there was a time when I would have read this as romantic courtship but, in searching the archives, that appears to be not so clear and Hex 31 is much less preferable to hex 32 if you are looking for a long term relationship?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know what to say about your doubts, but I have been pushing this for what seems like months now, always trying to encourage you to hang on for just a while longer. Why? Because I probably saw something ages ago that suggested you should hang in there with this slow boat.

I felt the day would come when he would finally do something but you seem so impatient, you want your ice cream before the main course. Many of your replies have come back negative, that you are fed up with the lack of response from him or his apparent lack of interest. I cannot tell you what to do, your path is your own, I cannot only strongly suggest an option to take. And here I would suggest a need to chat and be honest and encourage him to be honest so that you know within your own mind where you stand. Sometimes you just got to get up and dance.

mariah kaze

visitor
Reaction score

I am chuckling willowfox. Back in the day when I was doing some street drugs & got this hex I would know that my bag was going to show up - possession in great measure ..... there was a time when I thought drugs gave me lucidity, FWIW.

Hex 14. also has to do with governing our inner selves with strictness - finding discipline to follow the Tao faithfully through following the path of strength and illumination. I associate this with being gifted with the access to and cultivation of inner autonomy through possession of the ability to discern principles clearly and thoroughly through the use of the I Ching - seeing surely with real knowledge.

Hex. 14 says you've become competent at seeing your own path clearly - you can interpret this correctly yourself :) :D.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I don't know what to say about your doubts, but I have been pushing this for what seems like months now, always trying to encourage you to hang on for just a while longer. Why? Because I probably saw something ages ago that suggested you should hang in there with this slow boat.

I felt the day would come when he would finally do something but you seem so impatient, you want your ice cream before the main course. Many of your replies have come back negative, that you are fed up with the lack of response from him or his apparent lack of interest. I cannot tell you what to do, your path is your own, I cannot only strongly suggest an option to take. And here I would suggest a need to chat and be honest and encourage him to be honest so that you know within your own mind where you stand. Sometimes you just got to get up and dance.

Yes, you've been there from the start, kept on when I gave up and gave the right advice down to the dinner menu -- which he loved. You apparently read him like a book and I wish I did, so please keep talking. Actually, I'd hoped for that chat with him last night, but there wasn't a moment that seemed the right one. And maybe that's because it isn't time yet and I have to keep moving in step with the slow boat. You're right, I'm impatient and that's a personality thing that can be both good and bad. In this case, unhelpful to the extreme. Appreciate your input, WF. Although I may be frustrated, I'm paying close attention to what you say, believe me.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am chuckling willowfox. Back in the day when I was doing some street drugs & got this hex I would know that my bag was going to show up - possession in great measure ..... there was a time when I thought drugs gave me lucidity, FWIW.

Hex 14. also has to do with governing our inner selves with strictness - finding discipline to follow the Tao faithfully through following the path of strength and illumination. I associate this with being gifted with the access to and cultivation of inner autonomy through possession of the ability to discern principles clearly and thoroughly through the use of the I Ching - seeing surely with real knowledge.

Hex. 14 says you've become competent at seeing your own path clearly - you can interpret this correctly yourself :) :D.

Does it ? :confused:

I don't undertand the sentence i have made bold ? What does it mean. Can you write it any more plain so i can understand you ? That sentence makes no sense to me you see. i was hoping you might explain but only if you have time of course...it all sounds very profound

:):D:)

ps thats some disclaimer you got there in your signature LOL

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
30.2 clarity, warmth, light...all sounds good to me !

mariah kaze

visitor
Reaction score
Does it ? :confused:

I don't undertand the sentence i have made bold ? What does it mean. Can you write it any more plain so i can understand you ? That sentence makes no sense to me you see. i was hoping you might explain but only if you have time of course...it all sounds very profound

:):D:)

ps thats some disclaimer you got there in your signature LOL

Sure. I'll try. Remember, I'm using the translation of Thomas Cleary which attempts to put W/B in "modern Terms and is at times a little "scholarly" in his presentation.

He says that Hex 14 means: acting strongly with lucidity. Increasingly strong as illumination grows. He considers this illumination to be a "gift from Heaven" which is obtained by following a particular path of quietly nurturing inner strength while cultivating ones abilities to live in the correct way for oneself. When we master this ability, we then have the new ability to see things lucidly and "cannot be moved" by myriad things. In other words, once we have gained control (possession) of our emotions, we cannot be swayed by emotional appeals - we have a better basis of making our decisions that by being led by our emotions and what we do see through our efforts is understood more accurately and has become something we can offer to others.

Is that clear as mud? I think he's just saying that by knowing yourself, it gives you a lot to offer others. Thank you for asking. There's no sense in wiritng it if no one understands what you mean :eek:

My new disclaimer: My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it ? :mischief:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).