...life can be translucent

Menu

6 Unchanging

vakos

visitor
Reaction score
Got 6 Unchanging

in answer to the question "what do I need to know to get through the day at work today?"

I am usually pretty good with catching to what Yi is referring with these kind of questions as I go through the situation. However, today was calm and peaceful! One particular colleague who lives off arguing and usually tries to provoke an altercation was on vacation.

Does anyone have similar observations on Hex. 6 Unchanging?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 6, if you don't start trouble, and if you avoid any potential trouble by walking away, then you will make it through the day.

vakos

visitor
Reaction score
Does getting the Unchanging form of the Hex carry any special nuance?

patro

visitor
Reaction score
when hex 6 is unchanging... it's meaning is a strong version of it when moving!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Does getting the Unchanging form of the Hex carry any special nuance?

No, what you see is what you get and as it is only a "day" reading then just expect some mundane advise. Which you got, basically, keep out of trouble and you will be fine.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Since the arguing guy wasn't in the office, there wouldn't be even the potential for any arguments. Static hex 6 does suggest a breach or separation from the person you've been arguing with.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Since the arguing guy wasn't in the office, there wouldn't be even the potential for any arguments.

Surely the very fact that he is working with a group of people is potential enough for an argument or misunderstanding to occur.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Got 6 Unchanging

in answer to the question "what do I need to know to get through the day at work today?"

I am usually pretty good with catching to what Yi is referring with these kind of questions as I go through the situation. However, today was calm and peaceful! One particular colleague who lives off arguing and usually tries to provoke an altercation was on vacation.

Does anyone have similar observations on Hex. 6 Unchanging?

Hex 6 doesn't have to involve others at all...it can certainly refer to times where one is divided in oneself especially re priorities. Could be a day at work where you feel you ought to do one thing...but you equally feel you ought to do another. Hmm the way to deal with that i guess it to allocate equal time to both tasks...since both tasks may give you good reason to prioritise them. Or could be you feel a need to be at home with the kids or something but also need to be at work etc etc

Hex 6 doesn't have to mean out and out arguing..and can be a peaceful day, just a day when inwardly you feel somethat divided as to where to place attention. This feeling of torn between 2 options wouldn't even have to be around the job specifically, could be around your overall aspirations. When it comes to tthe world of work I'd say many people are hex sixing all the time. Certainly hex 6 unchanging has come up a helluva lot for me re the usual conflict of making money versus doing the work you really want to do .

Plus consider when a hex is unchanging it can often be an internal thing...often a feeling you can't quite articulate because theres no external event to attach it to. Hilary once discussed ideas around this in her blog

Personally I have rarely known, in my own readings, hex 6 to come up around out and out disputes with others so i think people place too much emphasis on the idea hex 6 is all about fighting with someone else. Its one possible manifestation of hex 6, but not the only one by any means

Last edited:

patro

visitor
Reaction score
I give a look in to the book.... and another meaning of hex 6 when unchaining is:

is the rupture with the object of your question! probably you will end up disappointed!

my opinion: probably you were prepared to the usual clashes in the office ... while you find yourself spending a quiet day!

vakos

visitor
Reaction score
Unchanging Hex

I have an impression that unchanging hexagrams point to the state of the inquirer's inner world as opposed to relationship with the society.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I agree with Trojan its about learning how to center yourself or possibly find balance.

Steve

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I had this result very recently, i found it definatley an inner conflict and basicaly a case of hard work, this could mean hard work on heaps of levels, i find hexagram 6 unchanging yelling at me sought it out , work it out , you have the answers deep down.

it seems nor male or female , why does a man climb a mountain bla bla , its indecciveness, not being able to decide the menu yet all of the options are right before you.
its quite exiting to start understanding hexagram 6 unchanged, to be honest its the first i have understood unchanged, i have 63 to go, when i cast a still hex its like i am being yelled at by my mother , but i use selective hearing, of coz its not about an argument its about ourselves

Last edited:

steve

visitor
Reaction score
i mean an unchanging hex , they stump me, but 6 i think i am getting a handle, its you stephen no-one else

let me guess its deeper than that, and it probaly is

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).