...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 36 for cat's illness

firerabbit

visitor
Reaction score
I just took my cat to the vet and he had 106 degree temperature D: I had to leave him there for further testing to see what is going on with him.. I feel awful because he first had symptoms a week ago but seemed to be getting much better, but suddenly this morning was not eating and was very lethargic.

I asked the I Ching to please advise me on my cat's illness and received hexagram 36, unchanging. hmmm, kind of worrisome. How should I take this reading?

Thanks for your time,
fr

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Poor kitty; I'm sorry he's sick :(.

I have a hard time with unchanging hexagrams. I agree getting hex 36 in this kind of situation is worrisome. But an unchanging hexagram can sometimes mean kind of the opposite, or the negation, or lack of relation to the obvious meaning (since there's no relating hexagram in the reading.) If that's the case here (if), that's actually a good sign - "Wounding" that doesn't go anywhere or relate to anything could mean he'll be successfully treated.

(A good example of this: I once asked the I Ching where a certain piece of paper was, and got 11 unchanging. Hex 11 can mean "Flowing"...what this reading turned out to mean was that the paper had NOT "flowed" (fallen) off the kitchen table. It was beneath something else, but it was still on the table, where I had previously looked, but just hadn't seen it.)

However, it might not be that kind of reading. I hope it is, though, and I hope your cat is soon well. I have cats myself, and I hate to see them feeling poorly.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I've had animals respond very well to homeopathic medicines, Maybe because they don't have any mental resistance to them. I've also gotten results with Rescue Remedy - Bachflower essence, available at many healthfood stores.

Hexagram 36 for a health question suggests to me the need for a complete rest.
-rosada

firerabbit

visitor
Reaction score
Just as an update on the kitty situation:

He stayed at the vet overnight for two nights. They gave him antibiotics, which brought this fever down, and ran a bunch of tests, but they apparently never figured out exactly what was wrong with him other than some sort of infection, maybe respiratory related... He's much better though, just not quite 100%. He has been playing with the other cat and jumping a bit more, so that's good.

I am thinking to take him to a veterinary wellness clinic soon to get a more holistic and natural perspective on him, and hopefully some probiotics to make up for all the antibiotics he's been taking. I'm optimistic they'll be able to help him recover all the way. :) They solved our other cat's strange back spasms with acupuncture much better than the local vet's injections.

Thanks for your responses,
fr

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).