...life can be translucent

Menu

27,5 > 61 Work related question please.

player1

visitor
Reaction score
Hi and thanks once again for the forum. I've been in a new job for nearly 5 months now and after some initial ups and downs the situation became quite calm. I had at first taken a quite strong disliking to my manager. She was very direct and most unlike anyone I'd ever dealt with before but as time passed we got on much better. The small team I was with made me feel very welcome and their youth and enthusiasm was intoxicating. However,because of my desire to attend night-school once a week,I applied for a shift change,which was granted. My new team is very different and instead of having one manager,I now have two part time managers. One manager is affectionately referred to as the Poodle,the other is known as Rottweiler. Poodle I like,she's no push-over but by comparison to her colleague,the label does seem reasonable. Rottie likes to find fault when it doesn't exist. I tire of her immensely and have considered leaving because the situation is extremely stressful. I know I won't get transferred away from the team as I've just been moved (which is rare in its self).
So what do you think the sticks are suggesting here please ?

Many thanks once again - blessings to all :O)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Rottie likes to find fault when it doesn't exist. I tire of her immensely and have considered leaving because the situation is extremely stressful. I know I won't get transferred away from the team as I've just been moved (which is rare in its self).
So what do you think the sticks are suggesting here please ?

The question, I think, is How to deal with Rottie?
27.5 > 61?

(For 27 to change to 61, line 2 must change too. If I didn't say this, Trojan would correct me.)

Six in the fifth place means:
Turning away from the path.
To remain persevering brings good fortune.
One should not cross the great water.

" Turning away from the path" suggests an unconventional response. Why not reverse psychology? Rottie likes to supervise, so invite supervision. Ask her to critique action you propose to take before you take them. When procedures are in question, ask for her judgment.

Perhaps your are an older man being supervised by a younger woman and find the situation awkward. Rottie may have a good mind and know the business well. When difficulties arise, a rottweiler may be good to have around.

Last edited:

player1

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Pocossin,I did the reading here. I'm pretty sure there was only line 5 changing. Your advice is sound and I have tried this technique with her previously. I feel the situation has stabilized now,I'm not sure why and I could be wrong but something has happened that I've not heard about,at least I think....
She is in fact around the same age as me and certainly not experienced in the job,she's never done it. She came in as a manager quite recently from a completely different sector and has never once had to perform the tasks she so woefully supervises. Poodle on the hand has work her way up from the ranks. I think Rottie is a catalyst for me,not the cause of my discomfort. Thanks again - your advice is appreciated ;)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
She is ... certainly not experienced in the job,she's never done it. She came in as a manager quite recently from a completely different sector and has never once had to perform the tasks she so woefully supervises.
She might be feeling very insecure about her own self in this situation, and handling her insecurity very badly by overcompensating and taking it out on her subordinates. Argh! Maybe as she gets more comfortable with things she'll relax? (Or not, but we can only hope...)

The above has nothing to do with interpreting your actual reading, because I really don't know what to make of it! But you know what's funny, in a not-funny sort of way? You call her Rottweiler, and the name of hexagram 27 is "Jaws."

player1

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Lisa - yes I think you're right,she is insecure and as I said previously I think something has been said to her about her conduct. She has just been away sick and returned somewhat differently. I always try to ask what the lesson is in these situations. I guess it's becoming clearer for me now that I need to be my own boss,I've had enough of office politics and my job doesn't provide me with much,or indeed any satisfaction. As for Rottie aka Jaws - often the people I initially dislike I subsequently grow to like - in her case I may well make exception,however I'm certain that these people are there for a reason. Thanks again - P1

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).